• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) M1: Goblin Ears and the MTG (dpdx judging) COMPLETED

Gurdjieff

First Post
Seeing how she won't be able to get to the wagon in time, Irene starts calling out for help. "Help! Help! The warehouse is being raided! Guards! Anyone! Help!".

Manzanita

First Post
[I'm going to NPC Charlyn and assume that he tries to save Telebryn instead of striking @Jezibel. Sorry if I'm assuming too much...]

Charlyn grabs Telebryn's leg and pulls him off the wagon as it accelerates. Jezibel shakes her fist at the party she rumbles away. "I'll feed you to the wargs next time we meet, you losers!" she shouts.

Nurlan manages to get one arrow off before the cart gets out of the alley. Despite the sticky goo and the wagon's bumpy motion, his shaft strikes Jezibel squarly in the chest (critical hit) and she topples off her seat with a squeal. She stays in the wagon however, as it disapears around the corner.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 1

OOC: Hey I'm back. Charlarn would have pulled Tenebrynn off the wagon, so that's OK.

He checks Tenebrynn's wounds. If Tenebrynn is in negative hps, Charlarn will use his healer's kit to stabilize the wizard (Heal +5, untrained). Is the half-orc on the wagon or is he still at the warehouse? If at the warehouse and Tenebrynn is in no danger, Charlarn will advance toward the half-orc.

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan, feeling very frustrated (more out of a sense of helplessness than defeat), turns awkwardly toward Irene and says, "So what do we do now?" He's trying to break free of the entangling goo.

Manzanita

First Post
The half-orc was driving the wagon

Charlyn is able to stablize Telebryn, and Nurlan is eventually able to struggle free of most of the goop. The commotion eventually attracts none other than Kim Tensil, and his ogre bodyguard, Grod.

They come hurrying up the alley, looking a bit disheveled, and smelling of wine. "Hey! Are you all right? What's going on here? Where's my guards?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
The half-orc was driving the wagon

Charlyn is able to stablize Telebryn, and Nurlan is eventually able to struggle free of most of the goop. The commotion eventually attracts none other than Kim Tensil, and his ogre bodyguard, Grod.

They come hurrying up the alley, looking a bit disheveled, and smelling of wine. "Hey! Are you all right? What's going on here? Where's my guards?"

"I'm so glad you're here", Nurlan exclaims. "Jezibel and her friend just raided the warehouse. I don't know how much they got away with, but it looked like they had a few boxes in their wagon. We tried to stop them, but they got away. They had kidnapped Irene earlier -- we were able to find her, praise the gods, but she's seriously wounded. What do you want to do now?"

Gurdjieff

First Post
Manzanita said:
The commotion eventually attracts none other than Kim Tensil, and his ogre bodyguard, Grod.

"No, we're not allright. I have a hole in my back the size of a melon, your warehouse got raided, Tenebrynn got struck down, Nurlan is glued to the ground and Jezibel and her goons got away. I wouldn't file that under allright, would you?"

After ranting to Kim, Irene gets a grip again. She takes a deep breath and shakes her head.

"Sorry for ranting, but I had to blow some steam. This is just about the worst day I've had as of yet, and I'm in really some need of rest."

With that, Irene starts removing the goo from Nurlan, and hopes to get some sleep after that.

Manzanita

First Post
Kim Tensil

"Hmmm. Warehouse raided, eh?" He glances in the open door. "Grod, go fetch Botha. We'll need to check what's missing."

As the party regroups, Grod and Botha return. They enter the warehouse. Moments later a heavily armed squad of the city watch arrives.

"We heard there was some trouble here." They say to Kim.

"Yes. My warehouse was raided. I think some valuables were stolen. Several of my guards were injured," Kim says, motioning at the party, "and two more are missing."

"That may be. We have a tip that you're hiding contraband goods in your warehouse. We need to search it."

"Wha...? Tip from whom? But go ahead. I've got nothing to hide."

The city guards enter the warehouse and begin searching among the boxes and crates.

The party can recall that there was not much in Jezibel's cart, one crate and a couple other lumps under the tarp.

Soon, the watch emerges with Botha and Grod. They are carrying a small, but heavy crate. It is engraved with the city seal. They pry it open with a small crowbar. It contains a number of silver bars.

"Ahah!" Shouts the watch captain. "This is the silver that was stolen from the King by goblins! What are you doing with it? Answer me!"

Kim seems speechless. After a moment he gets his bearing. "I have no idea why it is there. Someone must have planted it there! Every successful merchant has enemies you know!"

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Soon, the watch emerges with Botha and Grod. They are carrying a small, but heavy crate. It is engraved with the city seal. They pry it open with a small crowbar. It contains a number of silver bars.

"Ahah!" Shouts the watch captain. "This is the silver that was stolen from the King by goblins! What are you doing with it? Answer me!"

Kim seems speechless. After a moment he gets his bearing. "I have no idea why it is there. Someone must have planted it there! Every successful merchant has enemies you know!"

Nurlan is taken aback at this latest development. After a brief silence he speaks up. "Good sirs, since we just witnessed a burglary, is it possible that the burglars planted the evidence? We can identify them, although we do not know their motives. I thought it was an ordinary robbery by a couple of greedy thugs, but they may well have been trying to implicate an enemy."

Left unsaid are his thoughts of desperation: I have no idea whether our employer is telling the truth, but he's the only ally we have right now, and I've got to put in a good word for him. Especially since we'ver already harnessed our case to his reputation.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 1

Charlarn's mind reels as it absorbs this new information. Jezibel wasn't stealing from Kim, but trying to frame him? He pipes up, "Excuse me, is there a trusted cleric who can use his prayers to find the truth? I believe this man is innocent."

Remove ads