(Adventure) M1: Goblin Ears and the MTG (dpdx judging) COMPLETED

Gurdjieff

First Post
orsal said:
"Right, I recall overhearing him saying there had to be a more powerful force behind them -- he didn't think goblins themselves would be that organized. Do you think tonight's intruders could be part of that more powerful force?" Nurlan's mind is racing with the implications of this. If Jezibel is in league with the Jebli, she wasn't really their prisoner. That may be why she doesn't seem so grateful to them for "saving her life".

"It would make sense. I have an idea though. Seeing how these goblins are terrorizing the area, the Thieves Guild will have a hard time as well, less trading for merchants means less work for them. Seeing how Kim has connections to these guys, maybe we should ask them for some backup."
Irene grins at the idea, and adds to the idea:
"And with the silver the goblins have it won't be hard to motivate them I think."
She winks at her partymembers, and then looks at Kim.
"If you could arrange your connections to get in touch with us, it would be a great help. If we want to take down this raidinghorde, and get my revenge on Jezibel, we might need to ask them for some favors.
But I would really like some sort of healing if that's possible. I don't know if you have any potions somewhere near, but it would be very welcome.
"

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 1

Manzanita said:
/snip/
"You can stay tonight at the warehouse, if you like. And I can tell Botha to put whatever equipment you need at your disposal, within reason of course. Beyond that, I should tell you, I suppose, that I do have er...connections with the theives guild. You said the guild ambushed you and wanted to capture Jezibel. Perhaps she is working against them somehow and is taking it out on me. I can probably find out more details about this with a little time. Perhaps I can even work to have the charges against you dropped."
The cleric replies, "That would be nice, Kim. I don't need any equipment at the moment, but the others might."
Erekose13 said:
Tenebrynn adds to the discussion about the goblins, "That little halfling gave me a map that his group had made of where the goblin hideout is. He did warn me though that they are very well prepared and outfitted and that most of their group died fighting the goblins."
"He did? Could I see the map, please?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Venus said:
"It would make sense. I have an idea though. Seeing how these goblins are terrorizing the area, the Thieves Guild will have a hard time as well, less trading for merchants means less work for them. Seeing how Kim has connections to these guys, maybe we should ask them for some backup."

"Sure, if we could", says Nurlan. "But we seem to be in as much trouble with them as with Jezibel's gang. Remember that guy Benjamin's parting words" (Nurlan does his best to imitate the lawyer in the alley) "`You are fools to cross the Guild!' And then they framed the three of us for attacking them, when they attacked us."

He pauses to consider an idea, then continues. "Although, now that you mention it, I'd be happy to make peace with them. They attacked us because we were protecting Jezibel. I don't think we're going to be protecting Jezibel any more. Jezibel's gang is against us because -- well, I'm not sure, but from what Irene said, maybe they kidnapped you because you're serving Kim and they're against him. We're still serving Kim, so I don't think there will be peace with her. That could be the basis for an agreement with the Guild. Both sides drop charges against each other, and we offer to help them deal with Jezibel. Not that we really owe them anything, when we only fought in self-defense, and even healed their people from death's door, but they've got the power, and we don't, so we offer to help them. The fact that their objective coincides so nicely with our own should make those conditions acceptable to us. Do you think we can persuade Captain Benjamin?"

Steve Jung

Explorer

orsal said:
/snip/
He pauses to consider an idea, then continues. "Although, now that you mention it, I'd be happy to make peace with them.
/snip/
Both sides drop charges against each other, and we offer to help them deal with Jezibel.
/snip/
but they've got the power, and we don't, so we offer to help them. The fact that their objective coincides so nicely with our own should make those conditions acceptable to us. Do you think we can persuade Captain Benjamin?"
"Since we have a clearer idea of who our enemies are, I think making peace with the guild wouldn't be a bad idea. We'll need all the help we can get."

"Sorry, Irene. The Searcher cannot grant any more of my prayers this day. On the morrow, I can aid you."

Manzanita

First Post
Kim Tensil

Kim waves his hand dismissively. "Leave Captain Benjamen to me. I hope to be seeing him soon enough as is, assuming they'll let me. I think he'll be representing me in the King's court. I'll mention you to him and tell him what I've found out."

Telebryn gingerly pulls out the scroll case given to him by the halfling in the One-eyed Owl. Pulling out the parchment within, he sees a hand-sketched map. [see attached] With Kim's help, the party identifies the Monemvassia Peninsula (marked as M), and the little-used road leading north by the river.

"That road doesn't get much use anymore. It's an old one." says Kim. "In my younger days, I spent a lot of time out as a merchant. A couple hundred years ago, when the Dragon ruled this peninsula, the neighboring human & dwarven potentates set up a ring of moathouses and roads to try to keep the Dragon out. Didn't do much good, and once the Dragon was killed and peace came to the area, they were mostly abandoned. I suspect that road's in pretty bad shape that leads to that 'X'."

Attachments

• moathouse map.JPG
    moathouse map.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 100

Steve Jung

Explorer

"Hmmm. I think getting out of town for a few days might do us some good. What do you all think?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Steve Jung said:
"Hmmm. I think getting out of town for a few days might do us some good. What do you all think?"

Nurlan replies, "Well, we could explore the area a bit. The four of us aren't ready to attack the goblin lair of course; we'd be horribly overpowered. But it may be worth heading in that direction tomorrow. I imagine we could all use a restful night first, though, especially Irene and Tenebrynn.

Gurdjieff

First Post
orsal said:
Nurlan replies, "Well, we could explore the area a bit. The four of us aren't ready to attack the goblin lair of course; we'd be horribly overpowered. But it may be worth heading in that direction tomorrow. I imagine we could all use a restful night first, though, especially Irene and Tenebrynn.

"Totally agreed Nurlan. Let's get some rest... finally" Irene says, a little annoyed. If there is no interruption, she'll go inside and find her sleepingplace.

orsal

LEW Judge
Venus said:
"Totally agreed Nurlan. Let's get some rest... finally" Irene says, a little annoyed. If there is no interruption, she'll go inside and find her sleepingplace.

"Should we take shifts keeping watch? I think you and Tenebrynn especially need a good night's sleep, so maybe Charlarn and I can take longer shifts."

Remove ads