(Adventure) M1: Goblin Ears and the MTG (dpdx judging) COMPLETED

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Looks like the group plans to do a bit of scouting. Where do you plan to go and do you request any equipment from Botha before you leave?

Is that a trail on the map a little to the right of the river, then crossing the river near the "x"? If so, I'd suggest (or Nurlan'd suggest) following it. We can ask Botha before we leave about how far it is to the river crossing, and then decide how far to go -- we shouldn't go all the way to the crossing point, since that's already dangerously close.

Manzanita

First Post
Botha

"Rations and horses. Great. So you plan on helping Mr. Tensil. I'll get some loaded up and brought around front for you. Perhaps our best riding horses are light war horses with leather barding that our outriding caravan guards use. We'll put five days rations in the saddle bags for you, as well as water and grain for the horses. Anything else?"

The X on the map indicates the Goblin lair. It's about 25 miles up from the main road.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
The X on the map indicates the Goblin lair. It's about 25 miles up from the main road.

"Then why don't we go about 15 miles toward the lair, then return. Come back earlier if we get into a fight, with or without trophies. We'll get a better sense of the area, and then we can go recruit some more help."

Gurdjieff

First Post
orsal said:
"Then why don't we go about 15 miles toward the lair, then return. Come back earlier if we get into a fight, with or without trophies. We'll get a better sense of the area, and then we can go recruit some more help."

"Ehm, yeah, great idea, let's find their hideout, locate the treasure, find Jezibel and leave it all behind for other to take it! Oh, and how exactly are you planning on convincing people to come and slay a horde of goblins which many adventurers have died to?

If you ask me, this whole goblin horde thing is just one big joke. Goblins aren't the most trustworthy people around you know? I think the group is much smaller than the stories tell, and we might actually stand a good chance of killing a bunch of 'em. But whatever.

Botha, could you arrange some... smaller kind of mount? I'm not too fond of horses, they're just a bit too big for my taste. Oh, and do you have access to tanglefoot bags? If we run into some enemies those things will really help out a lot.
"

Irene shows she really recovered from her wound, and she's ready to kick some goblin-behinds.

[OoC:
Spells Prepared:
0 (3+1): Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Ghost Sound
1 (2+1): Sleep, Sleep, Color Spray]

orsal

LEW Judge
Venus said:
"Ehm, yeah, great idea, let's find their hideout, locate the treasure, find Jezibel and leave it all behind for other to take it! Oh, and how exactly are you planning on convincing people to come and slay a horde of goblins which many adventurers have died to?

If you ask me, this whole goblin horde thing is just one big joke. Goblins aren't the most trustworthy people around you know? I think the group is much smaller than the stories tell, and we might actually stand a good chance of killing a bunch of 'em. But whatever.
"

Nurlan replies, "Irene, there are four of us. That's all. While we were looking for you yesterday we met a halfling at the One-Eyed Owl -- the one who gave Tenebrynn the map. He was the lone survivor of an ambush at that lair. I don't know if we can recruit more people. It's worth a try. But we definitely shouldn't go too close to goblin central as long as it's just us."

Manzanita

First Post
Venus said:
""Botha, could you arrange some... smaller kind of mount? I'm not too fond of horses, they're just a bit too big for my taste. Oh, and do you have access to tanglefoot bags? If we run into some enemies those things will really help out a lot."

"Umm. Actually we don't have any halfling guards, so all we have are horses. Perhaps you would like a wagon. You might need that to bring back your treasure anyway. We dont' use those tanglefoot bags. Anyone who attacks us is met with lethal force."

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
"Nurlan is right, the way that fellow spoke of the goblins, we dont want to tackle them on our own. He was drowning his sorrows in the inn after witnessing all of his party being slaughtered by the goblins. He did say that his group had captured some goblins who lead them into a trap. That map was made by one of his friends. Said something about more than goblins, something about strange creatures and spells.

I think we need more help before we get too close. A scouting mission is fine but I for one would prefer not to get too close." Tenebrynn says. Then he turns and thinks over his equipment. "Botha thank you very much for the horses and food. As we were brought here by someone from Monemvassia prehaps a map and good directions on how best to return to Orussus."

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 1

Manzanita said:
"Rations and horses. Great. So you plan on helping Mr. Tensil. I'll get some loaded up and brought around front for you. Perhaps our best riding horses are light war horses with leather barding that our outriding caravan guards use. We'll put five days rations in the saddle bags for you, as well as water and grain for the horses. Anything else?"
/snip/
"Excellent, Botha. Thank you very much. Are they gentle horses? I'm not familiar with riding."
Venus said:
Ehm, yeah, great idea, let's find their hideout, locate the treasure, find Jezibel and leave it all behind for other to take it! Oh, and how exactly are you planning on convincing people to come and slay a horde of goblins which many adventurers have died to?

We're aren't too good in a fight now, Irene. I've already used two of my prayers today and we haven't left the warehouse. A handful of thugs hurt us badly, so it wouldn't take much for us to be beat up. Even if we kill a bunch of them, someone else could come by and rough us up. We'll need some muscle to make sure."

With that said, he packs his backpack, straps his shield to it and hefts the package. "I'm ready to depart. may the Searcher guide us safely on our way"

orsal

LEW Judge
On the way out, Nurlan, hoping that it was in the chaos of the morning start that Irene didn't answer, repeats his question.

"So, did you learn anything about our enemies when you were captured? I can tell you some of the things we figured out. The One Eyed Owl is clearly enemy territory -- lot of people who hang out there were very hostile, especially the bartender. Every time we asked about you they took it as an accusation. We tried to bribe the bartender for information, but he's clearly in with Jezibel's gang, whoever they are. She's clearly working with an organization, not sure how extensive or who they are, or why the Guild is against her, but there's definitely a network there."

OOC: so the plan is: ride out along the trail toward the X on the map, about 15 miles or until something interesting happens, after which we can decide where to go next?

Remove ads