[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! (Judge: EvolutionKB)

dimsdale

First Post
Boruuk climbs out of the pit with ease, grips his weapon with his right hand, and heads towards Horan. On his way there, he spots the bucket. He stops to take a quick look.

[sblock=ooc]
minor: none
double move: climb out of pit area: 26 and move to H14 or I14 if possible
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Artemus climb up the stairs and takes his dagger an throw it at Horan.

Knoepf turns slowly to Horan and meets his gaze. Now it is your turn to die. Knoepf mumbles a prayer, and then the battle of minds begins. (If a hit). Both minds locked in invisible battle until Horan starts to sweat and tremble, then becomes disoriented. Heh heh heh We are coming for you fallen priest.

Tirial shoot 2 arrows, but only find his mark.

Boruuk climbs out of the pit with ease, grips his weapon with his right hand, and heads towards Horan. On his way there, he spots the bucket. He stops to take a quick look.

Inside the bucket, Boruuk spots a disembodied arm. It consists of just below the elbow all the way to the fingers.

"Foolish Dwarf. I can heal myself just like you can heal yourself. The difference is that you must be running out of heals after healing your friends." Horan says as he casts a spell to heal himself. He then flies up into the chimney to gain some cover.

[sblock=OOC]
Artemus hits Horan for 15 which becomes 7. Note: Bloodbath actually targets Fort, not AC.
Knoepf hits Horan with Bane.
Tirial hits Horan for 8 which becomes 4 and for 10 (because of Bane) which becomes 5.
Horan heals himself for 19, but fails his save. Horan is 30 feet off the ground, 20 feet above the platform that Boruuk and Tirial are standing on.

Tirial 42/50
Boruuk 62/62, 5 temporary hit points
Horan, 10, -4 to all attack rolls and defenses UENT Knoepf, ongoing 5 damage, quarried
Hasifar 34/46, 5 temporary hit points
Artemus 25/44, 5 temporary hit points
Knoepf 12/45, bloodied

It's Hasifar's turn.

Will 13 missed Horan. Reflex 21 hit Horan. Fort 20 hit Horan. Will 21 hit Horan. AC 20 hit Horan.

The steps to the right that go up 10 feet require 3 squares of movement to ascend. The steps up to the two lower platforms to either side of the main altar platform only go up 5 feet and require 2 squares of movement to ascend.

The green 20x10 rectangle is the chimney. It is 30 feet off of the ground, 20 feet above the altar platform.

The item in front of the altar looks like some type of bucket or something. The murals depict seens of torture and murder. And the two brown squares look like chests or trunks.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter7t.jpg
    Encounter7t.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 143

dimsdale

First Post
Knoepf moves to the top of the steps and fires a bolt of silver flame at Horan. The bolt misses badly. Discouraged at the end result Knoepf mumbles in a low voice. I'm...sorry my lady. Once again I have failed you. It seems that once we have them, they find a way to slip through our grasp. Knoepf mumbles to himself as yet another evil foe slips away. He then says in a deeper, strengthen voice while clucthing his holy symbol. Please give me the strength and resolve to continue this persue of evil beings and rid them from this world!

[sblock=actions]
movement: move to j14
actions: sacred flame vs reflex of Horan: 1d20+9= 14 for 1d6+7 = 9
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Hasifar shoots a Chaos Bolt at Horan, but misses.

Artemus moves under the chimney and throw his dagger at Horan

Knoepf moves to the top of the steps and fires a bolt of silver flame at Horan. The bolt misses badly. Discouraged at the end result Knoepf mumbles in a low voice. I'm...sorry my lady. Once again I have failed you. It seems that once we have them, they find a way to slip through our grasp. Knoepf mumbles to himself as yet another evil foe slips away. He then says in a deeper, strengthen voice while clucthing his holy symbol. Please give me the strength and resolve to continue this persue of evil beings and rid them from this world!

Tirial moves under the chimney and hits Horan with two arrows.

Boruuk throws a handaxe dead center.

Horan flies down and casts another spell. A shrill shriek pounds the group, but Hasifar avoids it and Boruuk just avoids it. Knoepf and Artemus are not so lucky. "I still have ways to kill you little dwarf." Horan laughs.

[sblock=OOC]
NPCed Tirial and Boruuk.

Note: Let's finish this up quickly. Don't worry too much about initiative order. Just go ahead when you get a chance and we'll do init with posting order. Also, go ahead and NPC Tirial and Boruuk when you do your own PC.

Hasifar misses Horan.
Artemus hits Horan for 7 which becomes 3.
Knoepf misses Horan.
Tirial hits for 14 and 15 which becomes 7 and 7.

Tirial Twin Strike, hits 21 for 14, hits 23 for 15

Boruuk criticals with handaxe for 10 which becomes 5.

Boruuk criticals for 10

Horan hits Knoepf and Artemus for 9 and knocks them prone.
Horan does not save vs. the ongoing damage.

Horan is 10 feet off the ground which is 5 feet out of melee range.

Tirial 42/50
Horan, 34, ongoing 5 damage, quarried
Artemus 21/44, bloodied, prone
Knoepf 9/45, bloodied, prone

It's Hasifar's turn, but anyone can post in any order.

Will 13 missed Horan. Reflex 21 hit Horan. Fort 20 hit Horan. Will 21 hit Horan. AC 20 hit Horan. Reflex 14 missed Horan.

The steps to the right that go up 10 feet require 3 squares of movement to ascend. The steps up to the two lower platforms to either side of the main altar platform only go up 5 feet and require 2 squares of movement to ascend.

The green 20x10 rectangle is the chimney. It is 30 feet off of the ground, 20 feet above the altar platform.

The item in front of the altar looks like some type of bucket or something. The murals depict scenes of torture and murder. And the two brown squares look like chests or trunks.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter7u.jpg
    Encounter7u.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 151

dimsdale

First Post
Knoepf looks up to see the that Horan has returned to fight. A smile appears on his face, just as he is knocked to the ground yet again. Thank you my lady. We'll get this one for you. Ignoring his pain, he gets up and fires another bolt of silver flame at Horan, which misses again. It is obvious that Knoepf cannot attack effectively due to the battering he has taken from multiple foes in recent times. Still he has the resolve to continue. Not that was foolish Horan. You should have run like a coward when you had the chance! Hit him comrades!

[sblock=actions]
movement: stand up
attack: sacred flame vs reflex of Horan: 1d20+9=11
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Hasifar sends a bolt of ice towards the dark priest. The chilling bolt makes the man rer back.
"Gotya!"

Artemus stands up and throw his dagger again while Tirial continue to shoots arrows at Horan. With so many deadly projectile throw to him, he is unable to dodge them all.

Knoepf looks up to see the that Horan has returned to fight. A smile appears on his face, just as he is knocked to the ground yet again. Thank you my lady. We'll get this one for you. Ignoring his pain, he gets up and fires another bolt of silver flame at Horan, which misses again. It is obvious that Knoepf cannot attack effectively due to the battering he has taken from multiple foes in recent times. Still he has the resolve to continue. Not that was foolish Horan. You should have run like a coward when you had the chance! Hit him comrades!

Boruuk again throws a handaxe and connects.

"Easy to call others cowards when you invade their homes, outnumber them, and slaughter their friends. Look into your own soul Dwarf and watch as the Shadow slowly eats it." Horan spits out. He then flies up the chimney to escape.

[sblock=OOC]
Hasifar hits Horan for 10 which becomes 5. He cannot push Horan up since vertical pushes are not allowed in the game.
Artemus hits Horan for 8 which becomes 4.
Knoepf misses Horan.
Tirial hits for 10 and 12 which becomes 5 and 6.
Boruuk hits for 6 which becomes 3.

Boruuk throws a handaxe for 6

Horan flees up the chimney. He is only visible to those who have low light vision. He is still within Tirial's bow range. For anyone without low light vision, roll a D3 with each shot, on a 3, the proper square is selected. In order for anyone else to attack him, they need an attack that goes beyond range 10.

Tirial 42/50
Horan, 61, quarried
Artemus 21/44, bloodied
Knoepf 9/45, bloodied

Will 13 missed Horan. Reflex 21 hit Horan. Fort 20 hit Horan. Will 21 hit Horan. AC 20 hit Horan. Reflex 14 missed Horan.

The item in front of the altar looks like some type of bucket or something. The murals depict seens of torture and murder. And the two brown squares look like chests or trunks.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter7v.jpg
    Encounter7v.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 143

Remove ads