• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! Part 2 (Judge: EvolutionKB)

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: KD, can you please put the array locations of each character by their current hp status for the friendlies and foes so I can tell who everyone is.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Eladrin 2 is ready for Malehan's move. It blasts him with arcane force, knocking him to the ground.

[sblock=OOC]
Readied action hits Malehan for 13.

16+mods hits for 13.

3/62 Malehan, prone, Bloodied

Malehan is prone in square Q6.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
Compendium said:
Immediate Reaction: A readied action is an immediate reaction. It takes place after your enemy completes the action that triggers it.

Interrupting an Enemy: If you want to use a readied action to attack before an enemy attacks, you should ready your action in response to the enemy’s movement. That way your attack will be triggered by a portion of the enemy’s move, and you will interrupt it and attack first. If you ready an action to be triggered by an enemy attack, your readied action will occur as a reaction to that attack, so you’ll attack after the enemy.
Note that an enemy might use a power that lets it move and then attack. If you readied an action to attack in response to that enemy’s movement, your readied action interrupts the movement, and you can attack before the enemy does.

Impossible that I am attack while I am at Q6, as I didn't start there. A ready action is an immediate Reaction, which mean it must happen after my action. So if the trigger was climb up the stairs, the action would be trigger once Angelic Alacrity would be finish (as I start to climb the stair as part of my attack), which means I would be upstairs and would have attacked. It would also means I would get an AoO. [/SBLOCK]

pathfinderq1

First Post
"That is it," Vex grumbled under her breath as she jogged forward. "I am absolutely buying a javelin when we get out of here." Then she sank into a repetitive string of curses, in a low steady voice that sounded like a marching cadence...

[sblock= OOC]
>Double move, to U 8

[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[SBLOCK=OOC]

Impossible that I am attack while I am at Q6, as I didn't start there. A ready action is an immediate Reaction, which mean it must happen after my action. So if the trigger was climb up the stairs, the action would be trigger once Angelic Alacrity would be finish (as I start to climb the stair as part of my attack), which means I would be upstairs and would have attacked. It would also means I would get an AoO. [/SBLOCK]

[sblock=OOC]
The readied action interrupts the movement of the shift.

Regardless of whether a shift is part of a standard action attack, it is still a shift and still movement.

Movement is the only activity that an immediate reaction can interrupt. This immediate reaction interrupted the shift at square Q6.
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Acre continues to pound after the archers. This is not what I signed up for, he thinks. (Double Run to S4).

[sblock=Acre Stat Block]
Acre Hills, Half-Elf Ardent 6
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 14
AC 22, Fort 19, Reflex 16, Will 19 (base defenses)
HP 30/56 Bloodied 28 Surge Value 14, Surges 11/11
Speed 5, Initiative +4
Power Points: 2/4 Action Points: 1

Current Effects
granting CA from double run

Encounter Resources
USED First Ardent Surge
USED Second Ardent Surge
Ardent Outrage
Dimension Swap
USED Body Adjustment
Blazing Starfall
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Battleborn Acuity
Persistent Veil
Brooch of No Regrets
Bloodthirst Bracers
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Knoepf, gasping for breath, keeps running towards the ever-moving battle with the intent of aiding his comrades.

ooc: double move to U18

Remove ads