• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! Part 2 (Judge: EvolutionKB)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"We're not done with you yet. Malehan, finish him off!"

Malehan doesn't wait and follow Acre suggestion by giving another blow...

I believe the archers have taken a liking to me. Seeing that Vex is feeling much better Knoepf moves farther north, hopefully out of range of the archers. Turning his attention to Garrick. After muttering a prayer, the healing warmth of the silver flame soothes Garrick's wounds. Would you be so kind as to put an end to the bolt hurling servants of the darkness. After taking care of his own comrades he then takes care of himself.

"I don't suppose anyone wants to help me run those fellows to ground," Vex griped as she got back to her feet. "Or at least light them up a bit..." Then she jogged away in pursuit...

Garrick quickly readies his Channeling Shield power to protect Knoepf in case the dwarf is hit again and then moves closer to the genasi, firing another volley of fire against him.

Garrick drops the Genasi.

Nicely done friends! the elated cleric yells. More light coming Vex! shouts to the charging barbarian. Knoepf turns to his floating lantern to get ready to move it.

"I'd prefer less 'running', not more," Acre says. Despite this, he makes a mad dash toward the archers.

The second Eladrin fires a flaming arrow into Vex's thigh. Vex is ready for his second arrow though and dodges enough to turn it into a glancing blow.

The first Eladrin also fires two flaming arrows at Vex. The first misses completely, but the second arrow slams Vex in her arm. Vex is impressed by the skill of the Eladrins. Their accuracy is amazing.

[sblock=OOC]

Note: Garrick did use Malehan's Divine Guidance.

Eladrin 2 does not recover force burst power.

Eladrin 2 hits Vex for 11-1=10 and 3-1=2.

11+mods hits Vex for 11, 17+mods hits Vex for 3.

Eladrin 1 misses Vex and hits Vex for 8-1=7.

3+mods misses Vex, 14+mods hits Vex for 8.

47/56 Garrick, 2 temp hit points
32/61 Vex
34/62 Malehan
Genasi, dead
Eladrin 2, 16
Eladrin 1, 46, Cursed, Bloodied
40/56 Acre, 3 temp hit points
30/50 Knoepf

It's the PC's turn.

The ravine structures have wide ramps leading 10 feet down to them, but the ramps appear to have some form of dark liquid oozing on them. There are eight lit braziers which shed light in a 10 foot radius each (i.e. close burst 2 areas marked on map with yellow rectangles). Anywhere outside these areas are dark, but those with low light vision can see 20 feet from them (close burst 4 areas for those with low light vision). The braziers are giving off some smoke, but it isn't enough to hamper vision.

The sloped surface of the pit seems easy to climb DC 10 (2 squares of movement per one up and over), but the climber takes 2d6 acidic damage. The straight surface sides are extremely smooth and appears to be slippery to climb DC 20, making it difficult to get out.

There are four 10 foot tall statues in the corners.

There is a raised dais, about 5 feet off the ground at the far end.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter3k.jpg
    Encounter3k.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 71

Velmont

First Post
"I'll try to take them by the back..." tells Malehan. He then starts to run, hop down off the ledge, he continues to run and hop down into the pit. He then continue and he follow the southern wall. As Malehan see the Eladrin have their arrow ready to shoot, he drops down to teh floor.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Move: Run to R33. I jump down twice, so 2 Acrobatic roll to hop down... Acrobatic; Acrobatic (1d20+14=26, 1d20+14=16)
Move: Run to R24.
Free: Drop down to the floor (End movement Prone)[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
3 damage

Malehan takes no damage from the jump into the pit, so his actions occur as stated and he's good to go.

FYI:
Compendium said:
HOP DOWN
Make an Acrobatics check to hop down 10 feet and land standing.

Hop Down: The check is usually part of a move action, but it can be part of any of the creature’s actions that involve the creature moving. The creature cannot make this check if it is prone.
  • DC: DC 15. The creature can make this Acrobatics check only if the drop is no more than 10 feet. In other words, the check cannot reduce the distance of a longer drop.
  • Success: The creature hops down, lands standing, and takes no falling damage. The downward move uses no movement from the action.
  • Failure: The creature falls.

So Malehan, with +14, is good to hop down anytime. Also note this can be use untrained. To reduce fall damage (from fall higher than 10 feet), you would need to be trained.[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]

FYI:

So Malehan, with +14, is good to hop down anytime. Also note this can be use untrained. To reduce fall damage (from fall higher than 10 feet), you would need to be trained.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Thanks for pointing that out. I often miss the "new rules" that are added in via updates.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
The sooner we rid ourselves of these pesky arhers, the better! Knoepf grumbles as he starts to run after his comrades in to provide aide if needed.

ooc: double move to r36

Remove ads