[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! Part 2 (Judge: EvolutionKB)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: I'll be NPCing Garrick, but Otakkun hasn't been around for a week and a half which around here doesn't bode well.

Vex struggled back to her feet- set her feet and raised her sword overhead- and then, improbable as the motion seemed for such a large blade, she flipped the greatsword in a twirling arc towards the nearest archer. The weapon spun end over end- and while it missed its target, a heartbeat after it landed, it leapt backwards and twirled back to her grasp...

"With pleasure!" Acre brings his greatspear to bear.

"I'll give you that, you are annoying." tells Malehan who climbs back next to him.

The first archer pauses a second as the second Archer drops Vex with a flaming arrow and then grazes Malehan with another second flaming arrow. The first archer than misses Malehan with two arrows.

The Gensai steps back "I still have enough power to destroy you." he says, lightning flying out of his hand and knocking Acre and Malehan around.

[sblock=OOC]
Note: Acre might be able to climb with an Acrobatics check (DC 10 higher than Athletics since Athletics is the proper skill), but typically he would need an Athletics check. But I'm not going to make rolls unless I'm NPCing the PC. Players need to do that on their own. So Acre attacked from off of the raised dais.

Garrick fails to climb the slippery wall, so he goes up the ramp and takes 9 points of damage.

Fails DC 20, Makes slope DC 10, takes 9 damage

Archer 2 hits Vex for 10 and Malehan for 4.

10 plus mods hits Vex for 10, 12 plus mods hits Malehan for 4.

Archer 2 does not recover force burst.

Archer 1 misses Malehan twice.

9 plus mods and 6 plus mods misses Vex twice.

Gensai recovers lightning burst power.

Gensai hits Acre and Malehan for 20 with Lightning.

11+mods hits Acre, 18+mods hits Malehan, for 20.

Malehan falls prone to avoid going off the edge.

33/56 Garrick
-7/61 Vex, Bloodied, prone, unconscious, dying
16/62 Malehan, Bloodied, prone
Gensai, 20, Oath of Enmity
Eladrin 2, 16
Eladrin 1, 46, Cursed, Bloodied
40/56 Acre
50/50 Knoepf

It's the PC's turn. Vex is unconsious, so she goes first. I need a death saving throw for her.

The ravine structures have wide ramps leading 10 feet down to them, but the ramps appear to have some form of dark liquid oozing on them. There are eight lit braziers which shed light in a 10 foot radius each (i.e. close burst 2 areas marked on map with yellow rectangles). Anywhere outside these areas are dark, but those with low light vision can see 20 feet from them (close burst 4 areas for those with low light vision). The braziers are giving off some smoke, but it isn't enough to hamper vision.

The sloped surface of the pit seems easy to climb DC 10 (2 squares of movement per one up and over), but the climber takes 2d6 acidic damage. The straight surface sides are extremely smooth and appears to be slippery to climb DC 20, making it difficult to get out.

There are four 10 foot tall statues in the corners.

There is a raised dais, about 5 feet off the ground at the far end.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter3i.jpg
    Encounter3i.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 62

Otakkun

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Yeah, I'm sorry about that. My mind is working overtime lately and I can't seem to inmerse myself into my games, I'm having the same trouble in most of the ones I was playing before I left for vacations. It doesn't help that after coming back to work things where even worse than when I left. I'm just a bit exhausted. But rest assured, I'm here. If you want something specific, PMs are always the best tool. After spending that daily on darkvision I meant to roll the climb DC. I can see now that I didn't do it. Just be patient with me a spam my PM box and I'll catch up in no time =) [/sblock] [sblock=OOC2]Ok, so now I'm finally out of that place and should have complete vision of the place due to darkvision. One less problem, I'll wait for that saving throw and what I'm panning to do is to move Vex & Knoepf closer. I could swap with either of them using Fey Switch (range 10) so that Knoepf can do some healing [/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC2]Ok, so now I'm finally out of that place and should have complete vision of the place due to darkvision. One less problem, I'll wait for that saving throw and what I'm panning to do is to move Vex & Knoepf closer. I could swap with either of them using Fey Switch (range 10) so that Knoepf can do some healing [/sblock]

[sblock]
I don't know which saving throw you are talking about.

Also, please don't write OOC what you are planning on doing during the PCs' turn, just do it IC. Thanks.
[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Vex fell to the ground, and lay unmoving for a moment or two. Then her body twitched once- only a careful observer would have noticed that her bleeding seemed to have stopped.

[sblock= OOC]
>Death save: 1d20= 20 (CRIT success); roll Roll Lookup

>Spend one surge, HP now 15, Conscious but prone
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Vex fell to the ground, and lay unmoving for a moment or two. Then her body twitched once- only a careful observer would have noticed that her bleeding seemed to have stopped.

[sblock= OOC]
>Death save: 1d20= 20 (CRIT success); roll Roll Lookup

>Spend one surge, HP now 15, Conscious but prone
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Awesome!

This is the first time I've ever seen this happen. :cool:
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Knoepf rushes to the south to heal Vex. Receive the healing light of the silver flame Vex and bring havoc to our foes!

[sblock=actions]
double move to m37
minor: healing word on Vex: 2d6+11 = 21 and Vex spends can spend a HS.
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Acre shakes his head from the force of the lightning blast.

Receive the healing light of the silver flame Vex and bring havoc to our foes!

"Glad you could make an appearance, Knoepf," Acre quips with inappropriate jocularity. With Vex taken care of for now, Acre moves in on the Genasi (Move to G41). With a great sweep of his greatspear, he slices over the top of the dais to cut into his adversary, bolstering Malehan in the process (Energizing Strike hits AC 30 for 16 damage. Malehan gains 7 tmp hp and Acre gains half that amount (3 tmp hp). Acre also uses his second Ardent Surge - Malehan spends a surge and gains an additional 5 hp.)

[sblock=Acre Stat Block]
Acre Hills, Half-Elf Ardent 6
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 14
AC 22, Fort 19, Reflex 16, Will 19 (base defenses)
HP 40/56 +3 TMP Bloodied 28 Surge Value 14, Surges 11/11
Speed 5, Initiative +4
Power Points: 2/4 Action Points: 1

Current Effects
none

Encounter Resources
USED First Ardent Surge
USED Second Ardent Surge
Ardent Outrage
Dimension Swap
USED Body Adjustment
Blazing Starfall
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Battleborn Acuity
Persistent Veil
Brooch of No Regrets
Bloodthirst Bracers
[/sblock]

Otakkun

Explorer
"Well, I'd say it's about time I did something besides being stuck into a pit."

Having said that, Garrick quickly moves towards the Genasi, unleashing unholy fire upon it.

[sblock=Actions]
Move to I-36, Activate Shadow Walk ability.
Minor: Warlock Curse on genasi
Free: Assasin's Shrouds on genasi
Hellish Rebuke on genasi. (1d20+13=24 vs Reflex, 1d6+6=10 fire damage) + Curse Damage (1d6=2)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Stats]Garrick d'Orien, Human Warlock|Swordmage 6
Speaks in RoyalBlue
HP 33/57 Temp HP 0
Initiative +4
AC 23, Fort 19, Reflex 19, Will 17
AP 1, Surges 11/11
Second Wind [ ]
Diabolic Grasp [ ]
Channeling Shield [ ]
Dimensional Vortex [ ]
Fey Switch [ ]
Vestige of Baatar [X]
Frost Backlash [ ]

Special
+2 bonus to defenses when shadow walk is activated (concealment)
+2 item bonus to all defenses against enemies under his warlock curse.
+2 temp HP every time Garrick hits with an arcane power an enemy marked by him.
When an enemy Garrick has hit with an at will arcane attack power attacks Garrick before the start of his next turn, that enemy takes 4 damage (same type of Garrick's attack).
Darkvision until next extended rest [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads