[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! Part 2 (Judge: EvolutionKB)

dimsdale

First Post
Knoepf chuckles. I'm affraid that I don't have a blade or blunt weapon as I have taken a vow never to use one. However, I am a healer by trade. I have sworn an other to the Lady of the Silver Flame to aide those who fight evil. In addition, I have ways to lesson the power and potential of foes that we may face. He face then moves to a mournful state. I...I wish I could have done more for those who perished in the cave in...but I could not. Looking back at his new formed comrades. Know this comrades...I will do whatever it takes to keep you alive in the fight against evil...even if it puts my life in peril...so is the path I choose.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Vex had left her hat behind in the tavern, and she settled her greatsword into the harness across her back as soon as she stepped out the door. She listened as each of the others made their skills known- while she kept a smile on her face, her eyes narrowed as she assessed each of her new comapnions in turn. "I tend to fight close-in as well- it rather looks as if most of us do... Knoepf, it looks as if you've found yourself quite a handful of bodyguards. I'm pretty good in a fight, against one foe or several- I can keep someone's attention, and I hit hard. And I'm a lot tougher than I look..." She punctuated her last comment with a laugh. "What can you tell us about this fellow we're going to see? Will he want to help, do you know, or will he need to be convinced?"

[sblock= OOC] Vex is a Barbarian/Fighter hybrid, slight more inclined to the Striker half. Sheet is here: http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:PC:Vex_(pathfinderq1) . I'll put together a summary soon. [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"I'm a melee figther. I tend to focus on a single person, generally I prefer to go for the ones behind the line and isolate them or force them to go to the front line." tells Malehan.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Knoepf relays some more information to the group as he heads toward the Lower Central Plateau and eventually down into Khyber's Gate.

[sblock=OOC]
People can go back and read part 1 and have a general knowledge of what happened before.

It's a long read though, so skipping past the sblocks is probably the way to go if you want to do that.
[/sblock]

Knoepf explains that the party is going to go meet with a goblin named Merrick. Merrick is a criminal rival to Ladoran and runs his business out of the back of the tavern Shamukaar. Knoepf was told that Merrick is into gambling, drugs, whores, weapons, exotics, slaves, and probably other nasty activities.

Shamukaar is a very unusual tavern and the party feels a bit self conscious the moment they walk in the door. Most of the patrons are goblins like the rest of the area in Khyber's Gate, but there are many other races of creatures in here as well, none of them human, dwarven, or elven. Many people here are staring curiously towards the group.

The one entire side of the tavern is a slaughterhouse where workers are currently mopping up piles of gore. Several employees appear to be cutting up meat on that side and there appears to be a butchers counter and a small crowd of people waiting their turn to purchase there. This side of the tavern is very loud as the various monstrous patrons eat, drink, laugh, and generally appear to be having a great time.

It appears that the owners of Shamukaar are doing well as it is lit from the ceiling with everburning torches. It does not have the smell of smoke that most taverns with torches and fireplaces have, rather the smell is that of many monstrous bodies.

Knoepf leads the group to the far back on the opposite side from the butcher area where it is more quiet. The tavern is a lot larger than any other tavern the party has recently seen, it's more like a warehouse and the noise drops down in this direction as there are a lot fewer patrons on this side and the ones that are here are not celebrating, rather they are having low voiced conversations in small groups of twos and threes, separated from their fellow diners. Several of these smaller groups have the most monstrous of individuals that the party has seen: particularly a few giants, some types of elementals, and undead in heavy robes.

As the group approaches one particular set of tables in the corner, two Minotaurs stand up and walk up to the group. Heavily muscled, armored in scale, and with giant axes, these two appear to easily be the equal or better of Vex each. Additionally, there are a half dozen armed and armored Gnolls and Hobgoblins sitting at nearby tables watching the group. Knoepf does not spot Merrick in the back of the tavern.

One of the Minotaur says "What do youse clowns want?"

dimsdale

First Post
"What do youse clowns want?"

Knoepf glares at the two guards. Let's just say that my comrades and I need to speak to your boss about some urgent business in which both of us would want to be resolved quickly as possible. Now off with you!...Hurry!...There is no time to waist!

KarinsDad

Adventurer
The minotaurs look at each other for a moment "The runt wants us to snap to it. Go get the boss. Quick, quick like." the first one says.

It then turn towards Knoepf. "The boss doesn't want to be bothered by the likes of youse. Go away little runt. Your mom must be looking for ya. Ha, ha." the minotaur laughs deeply and loudly.

The other nearby patrons stop their conversations at the minotaur's throaty laugh. In this back part of the tavern, all eyes are on the party, both the half dozen nearby thugs, and another ten or so more monstrous creatures that are huddled discretely apart in small groups. Some look menacing, others are smiling as if they are about to be entertained, one way or another.

dimsdale

First Post
"The boss doesn't want to be bothered by the likes of youse. Go away little runt. Your mom must be looking for ya. Ha, ha." the minotaur laughs deeply and loudly.

Anger surges through his veins. Easy Knoepf, he says to himself. Looking around the room he notices all eyes are on him and his party. One can hear a pin drop before Knoepf speaks again. So be it! Knoepf yells in a strong commanding voice so that everyone can hear him. We will leave this foul place! However, if we fail in our quest to slay Merrick's rival Lodoran, who is currently up to something from which if he succeeds, will make him more powerful than he already is! This will surely upset the balance of power around here, shifting it more towards Lordoran. He pauses for effect, then turns to the guards and other nearby thugs and chuckles, Can you guess who he's going to come after next after taking us down?

With that, the cleric shakes his head and turns towards the door and prepares to leave.

ooc: diplomacy check: 12

Come comrades, if not the coward Merrick, maybe someone smart enough to understand the situation around here might meet us later.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Once they entered the bar, Vex had stepped into place just behind Knoepf's right shoulder- anyone with practical experience would be able to tell she was acting as a bodyguard to the dwarf. Once the nature of the place became clear, her smile widened and her eyes glittered with excitement- almost without noticing it, she began to clench and unclench the fingers on her right hand as if waiting for a sword hilt. She opened her mouth, but Knoepf managed to speak first, averting a bloodbath (at least momentarily). As the dwarf turned towards the door, Vex continued to watch the minotaurs...

[sblock= OOC] Anyone (on either side) who is trained in Insight can probably tell Vex is about a heartbeat away from a fight, but she isn't willing to actually START one herself. [/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Acre's trademark grin remains despite the tense circumstances. Nevertheless, he keeps his right hand close to his greatspear.

[sblock=OOC Bonuses for all allies (including diplomacy)]
Within 10 of acre: +1 to Diplomacy
Within 5 of acre: +4 bonus to opportunity attack damage rolls and +2 (additional) to Diplomacy and Intimidate.
When acre spends a surge, an ally within 5 of acre can either gain 5 tmp hp or make a saving throw.
[/sblock]

Otakkun

Explorer
Garrick sighs as he recognises the dwarf's strategy ... a risky gamble, since it would either get Merrick's attention or it would get them into a fight.

As Knoepf turns around, Garrick quickly steps forward to cover his back, eyes everywhere and a hand at the hilt of his sword.

Remove ads