[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! Part 2 (Judge: EvolutionKB)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Vex wakes up when Knoepf heals her (1 hit point).

Malehan searches the room, but the only valuables that he finds are on the bodies of his dead companions.

The altar is gone, it vanished when Ladoran died. Except for the desiccated body of Ladoran and the few soldiers and the weapons/armor they were carrying, there isn't anything in this room.

Velmont

First Post
"Knoepf, you gave everything you had. We all have. In the end, we were both at one blow of killing each other. I had my God on my side and that's the reason why some of us survive. Ladoran wanted to use my soul for his ritual." Malehan continue to search the room for any hidden door. "That bastard was strong, no shame to die in battle against such worthy foe."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Is there any other exit that the one we came by? Or secret door (Malehan would search for them).[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
The woman wont respond to my healing Malehan. Perhaps there is something around her that might help out in curing her. Knoepf searches the room for other doors, existing or hidden.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
The three remaining teammates see a set of double doors on the side of the room where Sloane escaped.

OOC: You guys have proven what I've known for a long time. You do not read what I write. :lol:

The following sentence was at the end of every single encounter NPC round post for 19 rounds:

"Note: there is a set of double doors at the south central part of the map which might be not easy to notice right away."

The double doors have also been on 19+ maps. ;)

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: You guys have proven what I've known for a long time. You do not read what I write. :lol:

OOC: Hey, cut Knoepf some slack, he was dying a couple of days ago

Malehan, should we rest a bit? Sloane went through that door. We may have to face her again. before we are done her.

Velmont

First Post
"I am the most fit to met Sloane and she would eat me in one bite. Yeah, we should find a place and rest. Maybe we should go back somewhere else. We could leave and come back another day... honestly, we could never come back and it would be fine too. Ladoran have been killed, the job is done after all."

KarinsDad

Adventurer
With the death of the Dragon, the threat to the city is removed. The team enters through the double doors expecting to find Sloane, but she is nowhere to be found. They do find a small dragon hoard. It looks like it was well organized in neat little piles, but that the symmetry of the piles is disturbed. It's possible that Sloane helped herself to some of the treasure before fleeing.

OOC: Ok, as DM I am stepping in here (in my other PBP game, the PCs have on multiple occasions walked away from the treasure without knowing it as well).

This adventure is over with the death of Ladoran, I was just waiting for the remaining members of the team to walk through the double doors and find Ladoran's treasure vault. I was going to do a little RPing with his servant to tie up a few loose ends, but with the PCs talking about leaving and holing up, it's time to cut to the chase.

I'll be assigning treasure parcels and XP sometime later this week. Acre and Garrick can be raised if their players so desire. The team can take them to a House Jorasco enclave where it costs 500 GP to be raised.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Thanks. OOC talking, I was expecting there was no danger, but IC talking, Malehan might be sometimes reckless but not suicidal. Half the team is dead, the others have difficulty standing on their feet and the job is done.

Let's roleplay it a bit...[/SBLOCK]

"OK, prepare Garrick, Acre and the woman to be carried out of here. I'll just take a quick look of what behind those doors. If Sloane appears, leave everyone behind and run with Vex."

Silently, Malehan slowly move the door. Seeing and dead end without any danger and some treasure, he turns around and tells to Vex and Knoepf "Pay time it seems. Ladoran's hoard is there. Let's hoard it quickly and leave once and for all. Sloane must have fled through the walls. No hope to chase her today and we don't want to be here if she come back quickly. Let's head in the upper level, where we can rest without fearing to have a dagger in you back."

Remove ads