[Adventure] New Cyre Borderlands (Judge: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luinnar

First Post
"Hmmm. The fog is pretty thick. I'd just as soon have a clearer lay of the land instead of us bumbling into a bunch of Hobgoblins unaware. What does everyone think of sending out a scout or two to get the lay of the land? If they get in trouble, they just run back straight to us where we can set up an ambush. Actually Mythra, I was thinking of sending out an invisible Imp instead of a visible Cat. No need to advertise our presence by accident."
As you wish; I doubt they would be intelligent enough to spot a real cat from a summoned one however. With a wave of his hand and a whispered word Mythra stops the cat before she moves more than a few feet away.
[Sblock=Wow, I'm slow: Edit]Did it really take me that long to type this all out? She'd wait then while ninja familiars do their thing.[/Sblock]

Well, looks like we are here, whispers Ryda, nocking an arrow in her bow. I’m going to try and creep up an take a listen near those tents. If I’m not back in 2 minutes, worry. With that said, Ryda whirls in place, and with a wave of her mottled grey cloak, vanishes into the mists, heading toward a fallen log... but comes to her senses and returns to the group while those much stealthier press forward

[sblock=Rolls]1d20+11=12 1d20+9=25 Hotness, two 1’s in a row! Making up for all the love I got in R1's game I guess. Someone stop her before she gets too close![/sblock]
Did you not hear us? Stop and let his familiar go first. Mythra hisses, obviously annoyed at Ryda's sudden action.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
As you wish; I doubt they would be intelligent enough to spot a real cat from a summoned one however. With a wave of his hand and a whispered word Mythra stops the cat before she moves more than a few feet away.

"No doubt. But a smart one might wonder what a cat is doing so far out in the wilderness. I'm hoping that if they hear Keke, they'll just think that it is an owl that they just didn't see in this fog. Course, it's so thick that Keke will need to get close to everything it tries to see."

[sblock=Rolls]
Keke Stealth 22

Keke Perception 18

If anyone hears Keke, they would need to Perception 32 to actually pinpoint its square.

PS. Not trying to get anyone to not use their abilities here. Just roleplaying Grys (since he is not aware that the cat is fairly stealthy).
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=Rolls]
PS. Not trying to get anyone to not use their abilities here. Just roleplaying Grys (since he is not aware that the cat is fairly stealthy).
[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]
No worries, Keke is a better idea, though it might not be bad to have two eyes out there. :)
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
No worries, Keke is a better idea, though it might not be bad to have two eyes out there. :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Yup. Up to you. The cat does have much better range.
[/sblock]

"Let's get prepared for combat, just in case." Grys whispers.

[sblock=Rick]
Could we get an updated map with our approximate location on it?
[/sblock]

RickRoll

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Arrggghhhh I just went to go and open Maptools to get the campaign file I had spent a good part of yesterday night setting up and now the site is down. Sorry guys. I'll check again a bit later [/sblock]

RickRoll

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Here's the map. KarinsDad, I can't find you character sheet. Can you point me in the right direction?

So you are sending Keke out right?
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Cyre.jpg
    Cyre.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 95

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Keke's range is to just beyond the tents, so he should be able to see this side of the tower as well, but not too far into it.

[sblock=OOC]
Cool map btw. I especially like the giant skeleton in the lower left. I wish my crappy maps were like this.
[/sblock]

RickRoll

First Post
[sblock=KeKe/Grys]
Keke floats invisibly through the area, the rain hitting the imp, but its inborn stealth is enough to keep anyone from noticing.

It flies around the tents, noting that there are 4 hobgoblins milling about, their faces are painted with yellow skulls, although the rain is streaking the paint. Inside one of the tents (the eastern one) is a haggard looking dwarf, his hands bound behind his back. [/sblock]

RickRoll

First Post
[sblock=Terrain Features]
The tower is 20' high, rain-slicked walls. You see a large hole where the entrance used to be, the wooden doorways lying on the ground.

The bushes (the green ones) are Difficult Terrain. The wagon can provide cover, a DC 15 athletics to climb over it (DT also). The fire is going, but is sputtering from the rain. If someone is pushed in it, you take 1d4 fire damage if you start or enter that square.

Hmmm...my coordinates didn't show up. Sorry about that, I was zoomed and it cut them off I guess.

[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads