(Adventure) Pest removal at unusual height and depth

Knight Otu

First Post
As the group climbs up into the temple site, Shilo being hoisted up by Loskrad and a few priests, they are given the chance to tidy up their appearance a bit until Leonard returns. Lothé stares into the world with a gaping mouth and happy eyes, unable to say anything. The construction work has made a few visible steps forward while you were down in the sewers.

Somewhat refreshed, and tidied up, the group with the exception of Lothé gathers by the canopy where they first talked to Leonard, and he soon appears.
"Again, I thank you for your work. As I said, I would like to hear what you found, and who your new friend is. Speaking of him, he is still being tended to. The time he must have been caught in the closed sewers were not too kind on his mind, but he is recovering from that."
Leonard also pulls out a large pouch, which apparently contains your reward money, and lays it on the table in front of him.

Pbartender

First Post
Jack shrewdly eyes the sack of money.* Suddenly, he remembers the book he found. "You might want this," he mentions to Leonard, as he pulls the book from his vest and tosses it one the table. "I found it in the secret compartment of a broken table down there. I couldn't make heads or tails out of it."

*OOC: How much was that supposed to be again?
Oh... And I'll be out of town this weekend.

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
Leonard takes the book with a thank you, and frowns as he flips through it.

"Abyssal, the language of demons. I'd say it belonged to an alchemist... 'Experimented on the elf...' I guess that refers to your friend Lothé, but the book is in pretty bad shape, so I cannot say for sure. I hope you do not mind us safekeeping this book. Did you notice anything strange on Lothé?"

(The reward was supposed to be 5000 gp total, divided among the adventurers.)

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Leonard takes the book with a thank you, and frowns as he flips through it.

"Abyssal, the language of demons. I'd say it belonged to an alchemist... 'Experimented on the elf...' I guess that refers to your friend Lothé, but the book is in pretty bad shape, so I cannot say for sure. I hope you do not mind us safekeeping this book. Did you notice anything strange on Lothé?"

(The reward was supposed to be 5000 gp total, divided among the adventurers.)

OOC - Yes, Shadowlyn meant Lothe, not Loskard...my bad...

Hearing of the experiments on Lothe, Shadowlyn looks to the pouch and sighs. "He had a necklace, glowing some light from it. That's how we found him. You might want to investigate the necklace. Is there anything else you would be needing of us at this time?"

Knight Otu

First Post
"No, for now I don't need more. Well see what we can do for Lothé. And about the wand you used to seal the tunnels... One of the workers has some minor ability to use it, and it would certainly aid us in completing the temple..." His Grace leaves the request unasked, but it is clear that he wants you to return that wand.

Other rewards:
You get to keep the wand of reduce person (40 charges left, selling value 300 gp) and a wand of stone shape (48 charges left). I cannot really let you keep the wand of stone shape now that I think of it - it would be quite potent, and have a good sales value as well.

Gold Rewards:
1000 gp each, assuming an even split, for a total of 5000 gp. Due to the wand, you might want to choose to split the reward differently.

XP Rewards:
Combat XP - 320 XP each
Problem XP - 150 XP each
Time XP - 750 XP each

Total - 1220 XP each.

Other Guy

First Post
“I am a student at the academy in Andora, a city to the south a ways,” Loskrad says. “I came here to prove myself to my superiors, so that they would allow me to begin my study of the magical arts early, and what I really desire is some proof of what happened here.

“I took some flakes of mold before I came up and perhaps the wand of reduce person would serve as a nice offering to my school, but someone else can keep it if they’d like. Also,” He looks at Leonard, “if you could simply write a brief description of what happened here and sign it for me I would be very appreciative.”

When Leonard eventually leaves, Loskrad says to the rest of the group. “I don’t really care all that much about the money. 200 gold would be more than enough to get me back home, and once I get back I’ll probably just stay there and study for some time, so you guys can keep the other 800. That’d make an extra 200 for each of you.

“Mintrik, if you’re ever in the area you should visit my city. It’s a beautiful land and I’m sure the academy would have no problem allowing you into the library, though our particular style of magic may not be what you’d be interested in. Perhaps the next time we meet I’ll be casting my own spells. I’d also be happy to take any of you as my guests at some point if you wished.”

(OOC)
Andora is not an official site in Living EN world, just a part of Loskrad’s background and mentioned here for flavor-text. Perhaps some time I’ll flesh it out some more and propose it as an official location, but probably not, ;-)
(/OOC)

Pbartender

First Post
Knight Otu said:
"I hope you do not mind us safekeeping this book."

"Oh, I don't know," Jack replies with raised eyebrow and a faint grin. "I'm sure I could find an alchemist, an antique collector or a book dealer who'd be willing to pay top dollar for a curiosity like that. In fact, I heard about this fellow who goes by the name of Rupert. I hear he's always ready to buy up old papers full of gibberish like this. I'll wager he'd love to take a gander at it..."

Jack reaches out as if to take back the book.

Knight Otu

First Post
With a soft smile, Leonard responds to Jack:
"Indeed, you might find an alchemist without scruples, an antique collector ignorant of the abyssal language, or a book dealer quickly forgetting it. And from there, the book might fall into the wrong hands. To someone who might replicate the darker applications found herein. Yes, I suppose you could sell it for ... 75 gold pieces and a bad conciousness. Or would you rather have that and a good conciousness?"

To Loskrad's query, while a bit surprised, Leonard does indeed write a short account, signs it, and adds a seal denoting an official of the church of Hyrag.

Remove ads