(Adventure) Pest removal at unusual height and depth

Pbartender

First Post
"Well, once we seal the room off--perferrably with us on the outside--we've done our duty. No need to hang about."

Whilst everyone else discusses what to do next, Jack begins to make a thorough search of the room beginning with the fungus creatures, then the broken table, then a quick scan over everthing else...

Search +6. Take 20 on the creatures and the table area, then a normal check for the rest of the room.

Knight Otu

First Post
"I remember His Grace Leonard saying it the other way round, Jack." Reilin tosses in, not reacting to the confused look Lothé gives him.

Jack's search of the fungi turns up nothing. Apparently these creatures were not really capable of using equipment of any kind. The broken table turns out a more rewarding target, in a way. A small hidden drawer that once might have been protected by a trap contains a small journal that still might be legible, even though it has suffered as well. The script used does not look familiar to Jack.

Jack:
[sblock]You can hear a clacking that moves closer. Apparently, the rat skeletons Reilin turned earlier return. Maybe a few more, as well.[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Shadowlyn agrees. "I think it best that we seal up the other tunnel quickly. I am not sure if there are more things in this place that I would rather not find out right about now."

She would help with searching, aiding Jack in his efforts. Other than that, she would be keeping Shilo close, and watching out for anything moving close to them.

silentspace

First Post
"OK, that's one vote to seal it off now. Do we have another?" Mintrik pulls out his wand and stands ready to activate it to close off the tunnel. If another person agrees that they should close off the tunnel now, he'll do so.

Knight Otu

First Post
A Mintrik seals off the other tunnel, catching a glimpse of the approaching skeletons, the curtain of light begins to grow brighter with every second, and finally reaches the full golden shimmer that it was supposed to have from the start.

It takes a while, and you are close to getting worried, until you hear that the workers are indeed breaking through, roughly in the center of the column of light. You step away from the area the debris from the ceiling will likely land, and soon, a hole opens with stone falling down. The debris shortly obscures your vision, and when you can see through it, a rope ladder has been lowered.

His Grace Leonard and a few other priests and workers climb down the ladder, Leonard not quite as graceful as his title would imply. Looking at you, he says "I thank you for your good work. I see you made an... aquaintance down here. I'd like to here a bit of what you found. We should, of course, do this above. There I also will be able to give you the promised reward." He gestures towards the rope ladder, indicating that the group should go first.

The workers start to clear the rubble, while the priests seem to work some minor consecrations, especially at the sealed portions. Some take good looks at the fungus creatures, and the colored mold that has not yet flaked off.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Shadowlyn begins heading towards the rope, but hesitates. She turns to Loskrad, and removes her hooded cloak. "It may not be much, but your eyes have not seen the light in such a time that I would think you would need a little cover. I hope it helps, until you are comfortable again in the light."

She then makes sure her riding dog is hoisted first out of this place before she heads up.

Other Guy

First Post
Loskrad smiles, touched by the simple gesture. "I thank you, Shadowlyn." The young man offers his assistance in helping to hoist her dog up, then follows up after her. after reaching the top of the rope ladder he steps aside and waits for Mintrik.

Remove ads