Adventure: Protection (Mal Malenkirk)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Actualy, these are hobgoblins. Bugbears the Dwarf becomes a Bugbear are brutish creatures, who like to bully smaller creatures. Hobgoblins now into a hobgoblin are not as strong, so group up to hide there weakness. they also like to gang up on people, like now. He then becomes an Eladrin. Just thought I'd point that out.
"Yes." Mikara replies, "But hobgoblins don't drink tea either, and even if they did, they wouldn't bother using bags." Mikara blushes, "I know what a bugbear looks like. You turned into one a while ago. I just thought were looking at the one standing next to the hobgoblin. I guess he was one of the spectators. He's gone now."[sblock=OOC to Fyrm]Might want to edit your post. It says "bugbears" ;).[/sblock]

kristoaster

First Post
Dante raises his eyebrows slightly and remarks dryly, "Bugbears or hobgoblins, our antagonists' race is a moot point. The tea was actually meant for my consumption."

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: Starting prep for the encounter. You can see the passive stat blocks below.

I am almost done but I just remembered that friday night I am playing at a charity poker tournament organized by my bank. I'll be home late. If not too tired, I hope to be able to kick this off.

OOC: We'll be using Invisiblecastle.

It is important to me that you log in invisible castle and always use the same character name. I had issues with this before and it's a pet peeve of mine. Using a character name allows me to review roll history, which I sometime do. I don't like discovering irregularities... Using no names automatically makes me wonder if you don't keep re-rolling until you like the result since I have no way to verify. I don't tolerate that very long.

For the same reason, always use the same character name. If I were to post under: ''Mal, Mall, Mal Malenkirk, Malenkirk etc.'' I am sure you would wonder what I am up to because the only things this accomplish is make roll history hard to verify. Well, I always roll under Mal Malenkirk so you can review my whole roll history. Check if you want; I don't fudge. I expect the same from everyone.

Also, put details in the roll. Minimally, include the power you are using and the target. That way you are not tempted to make a roll, see a natural 1 and decide this was an at-will instead of your daily after all. Or to roll a 17 against an AC of 18 and decide that in fact you were targeting the nearby goon who has an AC of 16. And even more importantly, your fellow players are not tempted to think you might have done that.

In resumé; Always use (the same) name, identify power and target.

Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch VS Thug in chief (1d20+89=100, 5d17+23=59)

This is simple and unequivocal.

OOC: Initiative of the bad guys will be 17 and there won't be any surprise round. Go ahead and roll initiative while I am putting the finishing touches. Anyone who hasn't rolled by the time I am ready, I will roll for them.

It should look like that or I am making you re-roll! ;)

Initiative (1d20+7=9)

[sblock=S&S]
Gang Leader (Sinruth, Hobgoblin)
HP 185; Bloodied 92
AC 22 (24 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 16, Reflex 16, Will 12
OA: Chain Trip (standard; requires spiked chain, at-will) Weapon
reach 2; +6 vs Reflex; 1d6+4 damage, and the target is knocked prone.
Phalanx Soldier
Sinruth gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Vicious Dogs
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 16; Fortitude 14, Reflex 14, Will 13
OA: Bite (standard, at-will)
+7 vs AC; 4 damage (5 damage against a prone target). If the dog has combat advantage against the target, the target falls prone.

Pet Wyrmling
HP 96; Bloodied 48
AC 18; Fortitude 17, Reflex 17, Will 16
Resist 5 lightning
OA: Claw (standard, at-will)
+10 vs AC; 1d4+5 damage.

Hobgoblin toadies
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 17 (19 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+6 vs AC; 5 damage.
Phalanx Soldier:
The hobgoblin grunt gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Thug Archers
HP 32; Bloodied 16
AC 15; Fortitude 11, Reflex 13, Will 12
OA: Short Sword (if drawn)
+5 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.

Lesser Fire Elemental
HP 27; Bloodied 13 Initiative +6
AC 14, Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 13
Frozen in Place
Whenever the lesser fire elemental takes cold damage, it cannot shift until the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam (Fire)
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: Ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).

Lesser Water Elemental
HP 29; Bloodied 14 Initiative +2
AC 15, Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 12
Sensitive to Cold
Whenever the lesser water elemental takes cold damage, it gains vulnerable 5against the next attack that hits it before the end of its next turn.
OA: Slam
Attack: Melee 1 (one creature); +4 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 damage, and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).

Thugs
HP 40; Bloodied 20
AC 18; Fortitude 18, Reflex 14, Will 14
OA: Short sword
+7 vs AC; 1d6+5 damage. Effect: The watchman marks the target until the end of the watchman’s next turn.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Rolling under Character Name: Mikara Li Mesadh

Initiative (1d20+9=24)

To be transparent, I've looked back at my history and, in many cases while posting RP, placed a double 'ss' in Mikara's last name (e.g.: "Messadh"). So far, I've only done this blunder twice on IC (search and check me on this), and this was for the two rolls I made for the stupid stab at PvP just a few days ago.

I will be careful to use a single 's' from here out (my CS and CB info has a single s). For any confusion, I apologize.

Last edited:

Fyrm

First Post

[SBlock=Quick Stats]Mercurial- Changeling Artificer
Initiative:+0 Passive Perception:17Passive Insight:12
AC:16 Fort:12 Ref:14 Will:14 HP:24/24 Bloodied:12 Surge Value:6 Surges:7/7 Speed:6 Action Points:1
Powers Used: None
Powers Unused: Changeling Trick, Healing Infusion, Healing Infusion, Shielding Cube, Obedient Servant
[/SBlock]

Aidan Reed

First Post
OOC: Initiative (1d20+4=7)
I'll be using "Aedan" both as player and character name.

[sblock=Quick Stats]
Aedan - Human Rogue 1
Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 16, For: 13, Ref: 17, Will: 11
HP: 27/27, Bloodied: 13, Surge value: 6, Surges/day: 8/8 Speed: 6 squares.
Languages: Allarian, Hzakan
AP: 1, Second Wind: 1
Powers: Deft Strike, Gloaming Cut, Preparatory Shot,
King's Castle, Scattering Shot.

[/sblock]

OOC: Initiative (1d20+5=9) ronakshah2000 / Yishim. Guess I'm not firing off sleep and grasping shadows before the baddies go...

Strange, is it just me or are followed hyperlinks showing up in a completely unreadable color when overlayed on an OOC box? I'm using Chrome, stable build.

[sblock=Yishim Stat Block]Yishim- Male Human Wizard 3
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 17
AC:18, Fort:13, Reflex:18, Will:17, Resist 10 Force -- Speed:6
HP:29/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:6/6
Initiative +5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Scorching Burst, Chilling Cloud, Phantom Bolt, Shield, Grasping Shadows, Maze of Mirrors, Orb of Deception, Sleep, Orb of Unintended Consequences, Brooch of Shielding[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases