Adventure: Protection (Mal Malenkirk)

Aidan Reed

First Post
Aedan pops up, takes a quick aim and fires at the southern Archer. He then tumbles back into cover.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Deft Strike at the Archer on V25. Move Action: Move to T20 and make a Stealth Check to become hidden again.[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Mal: From your post, it looks like SoS took 13 damage and Mikara took 7. If that's the case, Mikara should be at 9 (not 3), and SoS should be unconscious (-1). I'm not sure, whether or not I want to demand a retcon though, because, at least this way, we have two combatants standing. I just wanted to point out your generosity toward SoS :).
"Hey! That hurt!" Mikara shouts up at the archer as fresh blood seeps from the deep arrow wound to mingle with dried blood from her previous death. Directing her attention back to the wyrmling, she looses an arrow that hits dead on target, drilling a hole right between the dragon's eyes, emerging cleanly from the back of it's skull, to fly across the street, piercing a poster:
Wanted!
for
Murder & Extortion!

Atreus D'torian,
Tristan Moonblade,
Woe Chinua,
Hacker Brass,
Kathalia,
Mikara Li Mesadh.

Virtue is its own
Reward!
The poster tears loose from the wall and floats off down the street, catching fire as it brushes against Lenard's flaming sphere, and finally disappearing in a puff of ash.

The dragon wyrmling falls dead to the ground, next to the unconscious Owen.

Mikara never notices any of this, though. Instead, she quickly redirects her bow to the archer on the roof and lets and ill fated arrow fly in his general direction. I won't tell him that wasn't supposed to be a warning shot.

Only now, does she take time to notice that a second, and likely more permanent death is coming on. She falls back, disappearing around a corner and into the shadows.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Twin Strike
Target1: Wyrmling
Attack1: 1d20+11=31 What a waste of a crit! 22 damage
(Wish I could have had that one against the archer. Won't even roll targeting bow crit dmg :p).
Target2: Archer at I22
Attack2: 1d20+11=12 And this is just insult to injury (2 nat 1's in a row right after critting the creature with 6hp)!

Move: to E30
Stealth: 1d20+15=30 Maybe she should multiclass as a rogue....
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]Mikara Li Mesadh
Passive Insight 15
Passive Perception 22
Senses Low-Light Vision

HP 3/39 Bloodied; Surges Per-Day 7; AP 0
AC 20; FORT 14; REF 18 WIL 15
Speed 7 (Wildstep)

Str 10 (+0) Dex 21 (+5) Wis 17 (+3)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 10 (+0)

Powers:
Dagger
:bmelee: +5 vs AC 1d4 damage
Longbow
:branged:+11 vs AC 1d12 + 7 damage
Nimble Strike
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 1d12+7 damage
Twin Strike
:melee: +5 vs. AC 1d4 damage per attack
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 1d12+2 damage per attack
Agile Recovery
Minor: Stand Up

Elven Accuracy
Free: Re-roll Attack
Evasive Strike
:melee:+5 vs. AC 2d4 damage
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 2d12+7 damage
Cut & Run
:melee:+5 vs. AC 1d4 damage per attack
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 1d12+7 damage per attack

Hunter's Bear Trap
:melee: +5 vs. AC 1d4 damage per attack
:ranged: +11 vs. AC 1d12+7 damage per attack

[/sblock]

Fyrm

First Post
Mercurial reels at the loss of his construct, but then decides that it was a nessesary loss. he takes a step twoards Owen, administers some first aid, and pulls out his dagger.
OOC: Wow. that dragon died faster than i thought. anyway, actions:
move: shift to L23
standard: first aid to allow owen to use his second wing
minor: draw dagger

Antithetist

First Post
Halcyon wonders if he might have cause to regret having disposed of his cloak, as the fire elemental's flames somehow manage to take hold and start working their way up his legs. Happily, he manages to brush them out promptly enough before they can do too much damage.
Steeling himself to keep fighting despite the many wounds he's taken, he aims another slash at the fire elemental, knowing with certainty that he can finish it off - and once more he swings wide, with a low growl of frustrated disbelief.

[sblock=OOC]5 fire damage taken at the start of Halcyon's turn.

Minor: Warforged Resolve. +3 hp, +3 thp, free save vs ongoing damage (with +2 thanks to Warforged Resilience): 1d20+2=16, pass

Standard: Holy Strike on Fire Elemental O22: 1d20+7+2=13, miss... by 1... vs AC. Srsly :hmm:[/sblock]

[sblock=Halcyon Quick Stats]Halcyon, Warforged Paladin 1
Initiative: -1, Senses: Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13

AC 18, Fort 15, Ref 11, Will 15
HP 6/29 +3 thp, Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 10/12
Saving Throws +2 against ongoing damage, can take roll or 10 on death saves
Speed 5

Action Points 0

Powers
Warforged Resolve
Divine Pursuit
Channel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength)
Blazing Brand
Ardent Vow x3 x2

Daily Item Powers 1
-

Consumables
2 gp

Conditions
- [/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=Antithesist] The fire elemental at O-22 is already dead. Dekana killed it with Lenard's Beguiling Strands... Dekana beat me to it!! [/sblock]

Last edited:

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: Mal, is Sound of Stone unconscious? If so, i'll wait and see if anyone manages to give me some first aid before I retcon my move

LogicsFate

First Post
Queen's form blurs as the forged rolls away from the fight. Standing up as a humanoid construct most of the shielding drones have been absorbed back into Queen's frame but are quickly released in a nagging attack against the boss, which seems to only hinder the goblin in a slight sort of way(CA). Taking a step back the construct starts to climb intent on affecting the fight in a measurable way, and probably fails miserably at that too. It is a continuing commentary on Queens combat usefulness in general...

[sblock=OOC]

Queen wishes to shift to M19 (Wildshape),
then Swarming Locusts the boss man
and move to K19 start to climb as a construct. Queen's braced climb at K19 (1d20+5=8)
If I read right the +5 comes from being able to brace between the two walls, if i misinterpreted please consider my roll a 3. /sigh

[sblock=attacks]Swarming Locusts
Attack: Swarming Locusts on the big bad. (1d20+4=9,1d8+4=6)
Effect: The blast creates a zone of swarming locusts that lasts until the end of your next turn. While within the zone, enemies grant combat advantage.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
"Way to go Owen, knock that dragon down a notch! Oh, that look like it hurt..."

"Ha! Nice shot Mikara! A new decoration for the Hanged Man! ...oh crap where did she go? First the mage, now the ranger..."

"Owen! You feeling better? Nice job Mercurial. Owen, can you come put Mikara's boyfriend in his place?" Indicating the fire elemental behind him.

[sblock=ooc] The elemental triggered the Darkspiral Aura, so should take: 1d6 → [1] = (1) Roll Lookup. Aura now at 0.
Waiting to take my turn to see how things go. Am I correct that if Owen stands up as his move action, he could still charge as his attack? [/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
OOC: Doh. Thanks for catching that guys. Unsure what to do; I guess I can redo the turn, hopefully, but would you like me to keep the same attack/damage rolls if I change my target, Mal? Or make new ones?

Remove ads