[Adventure]: Stormcrow Tor (Judge: THB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velmont

Visitor
The next week will be mostly some roleplay, to wait for everyone to come back from vacation. Then we will hit the heart of action next week.

Crew:

Erekose13 - Gogmorthak d'Tharashk - Orc Barbarian
Tinwe - Gruff One-Eye - Dwarf Swordmage
drothgery - Narvala ir'Sarhain - Human Invoker
pathfinderq1 - Sweetness - Gnoll rogue
H.M.Gimlord - Arkavas - Deva Artificer
Impact - Radtash - Kalashtar Cleric

Combat:

Initiative: I will roll initiative for everyone, to make things faster. Monsters will all act under the initiative of there leader. Players will acts in order of the post of there action. That means initiative will go like this:

1) Players who beat the initiative of the monsters
2) Monsters
3) Players
4) Monsters
5) Players
ect...

Until the end of next turn: Any effect that affect an allies can affect it only during one of his turn, and the effect last until the end of the next turn. That mean a Leader who boost his friend and act first in a round will not give the bonus again in the next round if the leader act last. At the opposite, the leader who act last and gives a bonus and then act first after the monsters will prevent his allies to use the bonus.

Monster Stats: I'll give you the basic stats of the monster (HP, AC, Fort, Refl, Will, Immunities, Resistance, Basic Attack). That will give you an idea if you hit the creature and how your power have affected it. Yeah, it's make you pretty well informed about the creature, but it also help you to know if the player who just played successfully touch the creature and push it away and you don't necessary need to wait for my input.

Attack of Opportunity: As I will give you the basic attack of the monster, you can also roll for each attack of opportunity you provoke, and thus, knowing if you take damage and have any other effect form the creature.

Interrupt: If you want to use an interrupt power, you can call it forward (example for a Tiefling Wizard: I'll use my shield if he hit me by 4 or less with any non-fire attack). You can also call it during your turn if it doesn't ask too much backward action (so using the shield to prevent damage would usually be fine, trying to move monsters around during the last monsters turn after all others players have already acts since that round might be refused).

Ready Action: If you ready an action to react to an ally action, your turn finish after your ready action. That include any effect on you and save you have to do. If you ready an action to react to a monster action, no change to RAW.

So, even with those limits, that type of combat handling can give you great flexibility if you make some strategy together, so don't hesitate to talk to each other before posting your action.

Combat Turn: I'll generally gives you 48h to post your action. I will give more times if you are talking to each other about strategy for that round. The goal is not to put stick in your legs but to keep the game flowing without too much moment of silence.

If you don't post in the delay, I will NPC your character for that turn, using only At-Will powers, except maybe some exceptional case (like using a healing word on an ally with 1 hp left...). If you know you will be absent, you can always post strategy that I can use. In that case, I will try to follow it as closely as possible, and I will use Encounter or Daily if it is your wish.

If you want to have an idea of how that kind of combat look like, you can look at: 24 4e Style : Day 2

If you have any comment, fear or insult about that, please don't hesitate to post them (except insult) ;)
 
Last edited:

Velmont

Visitor
You have a private lodge in the first class wagon. Gareth is sitting next to the windows and look at the platform as you arrive. Once everyone is there, the wagon start to move.
"I'm please to see everyone have answered the call." he tells. He grabs a small piece of folded paper out of his pocket and gives it to the group. "This is the map to reach the hideout of the Stormcrow. One mercenary who has worked with them had been given the honor to go to the hideout. They have been a few, but that man decided to keep a map to return there sometimes later to loot the place. The man died before he could put his plan into action, but he left the map to a relative who had no interest in it. I have validated the map with a diviner to be sure. The map is accurate enough that you shouldn't have too much trouble finding it.

As you can see, the Tor is two days of walk into the forest south of Wroat. Once you have found it, find me in a farm north of Wroat. I have some business to do there this week, to make sure I have a good supplies of Wool.

Any question before we arrive to Wroat?"
 

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Ah the lightning rail is the way to travel." Arkavas takes the opportunity, perhaps for the last time in a while yet to come, to make himself comfortable. "May I see the map? I'm curious as to exactly where this hideout is."

Arkavas studies the map so that he knows where to find the Stormcorw's nest, as well as to determine, if he can, the authorship and origin of the map itself (beyond what has already been said).

[sblock=Skill Check] Perception: 1d20+10=13
History: 1d20+14 = 31
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Arkavas - deva artivicer 4

Initiative: +2, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15

Defenses:
AC: 21, For: 15, Ref: 17, Will: 16

Vitality:
HP: 41, Bloodied: 20, Surge value: 10, Surges: 8
Speed: 6, AP: 1

Languages:
Common, Goblin, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Supernal

Basic Attacks:
Melee: +11 vs AC, 1d12+6
Ranged: +4 vs AC, 1d8

Powers:
Thundering Armor, Magic Weapon
Scouring Weapon, Force Infusion
Caustic Rampart

Weapons:
Staff of Ruin +1, Vengefull Fullblate +1, Repeating Crossbow
[/sblock]
 

Velmont

Visitor
[SBLOCK=Kisuke_Kurosaki]I was ready to accept up to 6 players, so if you want to join, that will be the final crew. What character do you have?[/SBLOCK]
 

drothgery

Community Supporter
"I have no further questions." Narvala says.

[sblock=min-stats]Narvala ir'—Female Human Invoker 4
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 24
AC: 18, Fort: 16, Reflex: 19, Will: 21; (ranged attacks from >5 sq take a -5 penalty) — Speed: 6
HP: 38/38, Bloodied: 19, Surge: 9, Surges left: 6/6;
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Sun Strike
Grasping Shards
Vanguard's Lightning

Blades of Astral Fire
Divine Call
Chains of Carceri

Purging Flame
Rebuke Undead
Preserver's Rebuke

Potion of Healing (2)

Full character sheet[/sblock]
 

Velmont

Visitor
Arkavas takes the map and takes a close look at it, but doesn't seems to figure anything more than what he has said. He can't even confirm who made the map, but the map seems accurate enough.
 

Impact

Visitor
Excuse me

[sblock=ooc]Sorry to butt in, but if there is room, could I join? I just finished creating Radtash, a Level 4 Kalashtar Cleric. He is submitted, but not approved. Thank you![/sblock]
 

Velmont

Visitor
[SBLOCK=Room for 1 more]Impact, I already have 5 players (team shown in the first post). I was ready to go to 6. Kisuke_Kurosaki have express his interest but haven't post in 4 days. The first character to do an In Character post will be the sixth character.[/SBLOCK]

The wagon starts to slow down. "Perfect. I also have a sixth member for your team. Someone I have recruited here at Wroat before going to Sharn. I asked him to wait for us at the station." Garteh takes his bag and stands up. "Let's go meet him."
 

Tinwe

Visitor
"A sixth, eh? With the lot I've seen so far, another fighter may be of use."

Gruff scowls and climbs down to the platform. "Where's this man of yours?"
 

Impact

Visitor
Unexpectedly, there is a knock on the lodge door. When the door is opened, a tall but skinny human in nondescript clothing is found waiting outside. He is wearing a small triangular crystal on a thong around his neck.

"Hello Gareth. If the rest of your recruits are here, there will be no need to stop for me in Wroat. I apologize for my duplicity, Gareth, but I followed you to Sharn after our meeting. I hope this doesn't offend you greatly, but I wanted to verify your identity before committing myself to your service. In this age many evil forces are at work, but I now believe you are not one of them."

Stepping into the lodge and briefly scanning the room, Radtash continues:

"Let me introduce myself; My name is Radtash, and I am recently from a small farming village in The Eldeen Reaches, where I served as a healer and guardian. If my behavior has not disqualified me, I will be honored to serve alongside you in this quest. Greetings, and may we all walk together in the Light."

[sblock=OOC]Those of you that are perceptive might have noticed Radtash trailing the group as you left Tower's Shard. Those of you that are Insightful might also notice:
[sblock=Passive Insight around 18]Radtash is a Kalashtar, trying to pass for human.[/sblock]I am new to enworld and play-by-post, so please feel free to point out any mistakes I might make! See my sig for a character link.[/sblock]
 

Velmont

Visitor
[SBLOCK=OOC]Impact is in. Sorry Kisuke_Kurosaki (and any other one), the crew is complete. Action will start as soon as pathfinderq1 and Erekose13 (who is in vacation and come back tomorrow) will do there first post in this thread. That will leave me the time to make the map and make the encounter more in line for a 6 men party.[/SBLOCK]
 

drothgery

Community Supporter
[sblock=ooc]
Narvala's passive insight is 24, so she notices the Kalashtar's true nature.
[/sblock]

Narvala arched an eyebrow when Radtash gave his reasons for not joining them openly and immediately. She knew that she should not; the man did not know her, and as much as she might wish otherwise, there were those among the Flame's clergy that were less than trustworthy forces for good.
 

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Arkavas looks up from the map, which, so far, has only convinced him that he should have studied harder in Geography classes instead of playing alchemical pranks on his classmates.

Panning the map to the right with his right hand, he looks up and listens to Radtash as he introduces himself.

"I say. It's good to see a man of the cloth, from the Path of Light. I'm sure that you and Narvala, here," He lifts the map in her direction and nods to her as well, "will have a great deal to talk aobut."

[sblock=OOC]Insight=1d20+5=17. He's clueless[/sblock]

He turns to Gareth. "I do wish I had studied my Geography better. At least it shows the spot." He hands the map back to Gareth.

He leans back, as if to get comfortable, and then realizes that he still has the fullblade strapped to his back. It gives his move the appearance of an old man with rheumatism trying to stretch. He catches himself halfway through the act, and withdraws the inhumanly large weapon from its confines, leaning it against the wall of the lodge next to himself. Then he attempts the maneuver once again, this time with success.

"Ahhh. I imagine this will be the last time, for a while, that we shall travel in comfort."
 
Last edited:
With a clatter, the door of the cabin smacked open, and the gnoll from the tavern peeked inside. "Sweetness is here, yep yep yep," it barked happily, as it pushed through the narrow doorway. The stiff crest of black hair atop its head brushed the ceiling, and it had to work carefully to fit through the cabin door- even a first class cabin simply wasn't built for creatures seven feet tall.

The gnoll hunched forward, eyeing the unfamiliar cleric warily. As he cabin door slid closed, a very worried looking House Orien steward could be seen outside, obviously checking to see that the savage gnoll was, in fact, an expected passenger.

With a huffing exhale, the gnoll threw down a heavy satchel and bedroll, then leaned across the seats to look out the window. In one hand, the creature held a large sack, which appeared to be twitching.

OOC: Passive Insight 12- Sweetness doesn't see through the disguise, and likely doesn't care one way or another. She has seen worse.
 
Last edited:

Impact

Visitor
Radtash instinctively studied everyone in the room, looking for any signs of Quori possession. Noticing his own nervousness, he tried to suppress it with conversation:

"I say. It's good to see a man of the cloth, from the Path of Light. I'm sure that you and Narvala, here," He lifts the map in her direction and nods to her as well, "will have a great deal to talk about."
"Ah, it is refreshing to be among those that respect faith. In the Eldeen reaches it took me many years to earn that same respect. It was given freely to the druids, of course." Addressing himself to Narvala, Radtash continues: "I am sure we could indeed have a long conversation about our respective faiths, but I have found that deep theological discussions can often be tiresome to observers."

"With that said, I have respect for your faith, and I have often meditated on the similarities between the Silver Flame and il-Yannah. I wonder if they are not twins, separated by the gap between this world and Dal Quor? I admit some envy that the Flame is accessible and present in your world today, whereas il-Yannah exists only as a hope for the future."


"Sweetness is here, yep yep yep," it barked happily, as it pushed through the narrow doorway. ... The gnoll hunched forward, eyeing the unfamiliar cleric warily...
"Greetings, Sweetness, my name is Radtash. I am a healer from The Eldeen Reaches, and I have just joined as the sixth man.. err..." awkward "... person, on this quest."
 
Last edited:

drothgery

Community Supporter
"I am sure we could indeed have a long conversation about our respective faiths, but I have found that deep theological discussions can often be tiresome to observers."
"In the main, I have found the same. And as I am of a militiant order, not an evangelical or scholarly one, I have never been especially enamored with trying to explain the fine points of the Church's doctrine." She said.

"With that said, I have respect for your faith, and I have often meditated on the similarities between the Silver Flame and il-Yannah. I wonder if they are not twins, separated by the gap between this world and Dal Quor? I admit some envy that the Flame is accessible and present in your world today, whereas il-Yannah exists only as a hope for the future."
"You see what I mean, then? An evangelical would try to convince you that il-Yannah is but an aspect of the Flame. A more academicly oriented priestess would probably discuss the faith of some tribes of orcs near the demon wastes, and how it intertwines with ours. As a priestess or as an ir'Sarhain, I can hardly claim to be a simple soldier of the Flame, but I've no claim to be a great theologian."
 
The gnoll eyed the two clerics warily. "Not going to talk like this the whole time, Sweetness hopes, yep yep yep..." Then it shook its head slowly and turned to their employer. "Got map to den, right? Any idea about what is _inside_ den?"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

Top