(Adventure) The bastards of XXXXXX Bluerun

Kahuna Burger

First Post
GPEKO said:
He asks Redarn or the first person he meets, "You ! Where be count soul man Therik ? Me tell him, me no problem."

Gath finds Redarn readying his wagon again outside the building while a small group stands impatiently by. When he sees the half orc approach, he smiles exspansivly and tells an older woman in the crowd "And this is one of the brave warriors I was telling you about, maam! Safe as houses with him around... But if you still want to take a vacation, I'm happy as always to drive you." Nodding at gaths abrupt statment, he says "I'll be giving Therick my passenger list before I leave here, I can pass the message on for you then if you want. Are you feeling better, by the by? I'm taking some folks up north to Andren, and I was hoping you and your fellows would be willing to go part of the way out of town with us before starting your investigations. The bandits have largly ignored people leaving Bluerun, but its better to be safe..."

GPEKO

First Post
Gath

"Redarn. Me fine, me be still hurting but be fine. Me want to say Therick, me be applying no changes on capture ones. Oh ! and we be coming with you, of course ! We be working for you remember ? We follow orders."

Sparky

Rainca backs off further as the others stand forward with their own questions... she listens closely, hawk's gaze skewering anyone who speaks - comrade and captured alike. She steps in again, with a menacing clank of weapons. She snorts.

"A warrior's birth matters little, a warrior's spear or bow matter much." She squints at the loquacious captive, "How might we meet with this Hiznibs?"

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Sparky said:
Rainca backs off further as the others stand forward with their own questions... she listens closely, hawk's gaze skewering anyone who speaks - comrade and captured alike. She steps in again, with a menacing clank of weapons. She snorts.

"A warrior's birth matters little, a warrior's spear or bow matter much." She squints at the loquacious captive, "How might we meet with this Hiznibs?"

Joseph nods affirmatively towards Rainca. Backing away from his fruitless efforts, Darmaryon's stern glances find their way to the captives. Before he begins speaking, he removes the cloak bearing his family crestwork.

"While I agree with Rainca, I believe a degree of subterfuge is needed on this occasion. You" Joseph points to a random captive."will be my messenger. Apparently an accident has befallen your captors in the course your escape. I trust you know how to spread news that needs to be spread. No need to fret; I will be right behind you the whole time."

After his brief speach, Joseph uses his hunting knife to make a surface cut on his forearm. He then applies the resultant blood to his cloak, and stabs a whole into the back of the cloak.

Hof

Explorer
After standing back for most of the interrogation, Dioran finally steps in. He places himself before Rainca and Joseph, giving them each a knowing look while he does so, before adressing the 'spokesprisoner'.
"Please desist this badgering behaviour" Dioran says to Rainca and Joseph in a slightly too merry tone, "Surely these people cannot be held fully accountable." He places a friendly arm around the shouders of the prisoner, before speaking to amiciably to him.
"You yourself said the Nibs had a witch, so chances are you all have been enchanted. Please tell us all you know of her, and we might be able to convince the townfolk to treat you with the compassion you deserve."
Dioran then looks at his new 'friend' both expectantly and encouragingly.

ooc: Can you say "Good cop, Bad cop" ?

Kahuna Burger

First Post
The prisoner, looking from one interogator to another, begins to panic. "Please, good folk, you are not listening to me! I was never accepted into the gang, I have never been to their camp, I don't know where it is! I can't contact His Nibs, he doesn't want me, shouldn't that be obvious by now? I'm a failure even as an outlaw!" He sobs a moment in terror and confusion, then focuses on the questions about the witch. "His witch, I only know the rumors, but they say she was a whore in Arden and kiled a client with her powers. They say anyway. She has an owl which keeps watch for His Nibs, and she can cure the wounds his men take in battle - she doesn't go into battle herself, so its all just rumors."

(ooc: this poor guy's being interrogated by 4 people without a sense motive rank amoung them. I'm starting to feel sorry for him. :eek: )

As the prisoner cowers, Gath drops in, having been asked to confirm his enthusiasm to help with the others while Redarn does the rest of his preparation and passes Gath's message on to his brother...

buzzard

First Post
"What you mean not accountable? He help almost kill Gath. Then again Gath amost help kill Gath so who counts?" Responds Lupic to a situation which is pretty clearly past this depth.

buzzard

Sparky

Rainca pulls Joseph Dar'maryon aside and speaks quietly. "What do you try to accomplish, Joseph Dar'maryon? These men are not loyal to you. Nor do they know where this Hiznibs hides. We cannot trust them to do what you ask of them." She gestures at the men, "Look at them, Joseph Dar'maryon, they are scared. Tired."

She lowers her voice even further so that only Joseph Dar'maryon can hear, "Hiznibs' men outnumber us by four to one. We have no Healers. We cannot hope to fight them." She takes on the tone of someone reciting and her eyes grow distant, "'Some struggles are best fought with words and will than blood and blades.'" She pauses thoughtfully eyes down, when she looks back up at Joseph Dar'maryon her eyes are bright and hard, "Rainca wishes to learn from this Hiznibs what he wants. If it is gold he seeks, then perhaps we can buy the safety of Bluerun with our earnings. If it is more, we must learn what he requires."

She stops and her eyes grow softer, her gaze less harsh, "As we have journeyed Rainca has thought upon this much. Rainca thinks that these captives and others like them are mistreated by the people of Bluerun. She can understand Hiznib's anger. Council Man Therick may believe he is better than these, but he is not. We should do all we can to see that Bluerun is safe and that the Hoarsuns are treated fairly. To Rainca this means that we must approach Hiznibs with open hands and open faces, not with closed fists and lies on our tongues. Rainca thinks the man is smart enough to listen to what we have to say."

OOC: She's not trying to keep anything from the party and will share this idea with the others (or they can listen in if they like) she's only trying to keep it from the captives.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Sparky said:
Rainca pulls Joseph Dar'maryon aside and speaks quietly. "What do you try to accomplish, Joseph Dar'maryon? These men are not loyal to you. Nor do they know where this Hiznibs hides. We cannot trust them to do what you ask of them." She gestures at the men, "Look at them, Joseph Dar'maryon, they are scared. Tired."

Fierce intent laid upon his eyes, Joseph Dar`maryon speaks in whispers."I am not out for blood, just yet. I hope to draw Hiznibs to Bluerun under pressure so that I may have words with him." Glancing towards Rainca once again, Joseph seems a bit rankled. "As far as my trust in these men goes, you can be at ease... I would give my ancestrel blade to my traitorous sister before I would trust these men with my life. My mistrust of these men is at the heart of what I do, and if they are terrified that is a boon to my efforts. This Hiznibs must be prodded into coming here, or we will waste away waiting."

She lowers her voice even further so that only Joseph Dar'maryon can hear, "Hiznibs' men outnumber us by four to one. We have no Healers. We cannot hope to fight them." She takes on the tone of someone reciting and her eyes grow distant, "'Some struggles are best fought with words and will than blood and blades.'" She pauses thoughtfully eyes down, when she looks back up at Joseph Dar'maryon her eyes are bright and hard, "Rainca wishes to learn from this Hiznibs what he wants. If it is gold he seeks, then perhaps we can buy the safety of Bluerun with our earnings. If it is more, we must learn what he requires."

"I am in full agreement with you Rainca. Our chances do look dire, and I am also intrigued by this Hiznibs." Joseph pauses in thought and then continues. "In order to learn more about this Hiznibs, I seek to disrupt his cautiousness. My show of blood and blade in this regaurd is akin to a gambit in the true battle of will and words. With the resources at hand this is the best I can hope for. We cannot rely on the support of Therick. If the councilor cows to us, he cows to all men."

She stops and her eyes grow softer, her gaze less harsh, "As we have journeyed Rainca has thought upon this much. Rainca thinks that these captives and others like them are mistreated by the people of Bluerun. She can understand Hiznib's anger. Council Man Therick may believe he is better than these, but he is not. We should do all we can to see that Bluerun is safe and that the Hoarsuns are treated fairly. To Rainca this means that we must approach Hiznibs with open hands and open faces, not with closed fists and lies on our tongues. Rainca thinks the man is smart enough to listen to what we have to say."

Joseph also responds ina moment of softness. "I understand what you say, and I agree whole heartedly with your impressions, but I need to know what kind of a man Hiznibs truly is. I have doubts that he is as genuine as he may seem to others. While I'd like to divert conflict in this matter, it may come to pass that Hiznibs represents genuine sovreignty in this area, but I will not suffer a tyrant to take the council's place. That is why this man must be weighed and measured."

OOC: Although it may not be apparent, joseph is listening and softening his views to a certain extent. He remains espicially quiet in his last interaction with Rainca. Please let me know if I'm monoplizing too much of the show here.

Last edited:

Sparky

Rainca shakes her head, beads rattling, "Rainca cannot see the wisdom of trying to decieve this Hiznibs. Nor does she think that Hiznibs will be lured into Bluerun by the deception. She will not stop Joseph Dar'maryon from doing this, but Rainca believes that it will poison any good will that might be found in truth."

She shrugs eloquently, her voice clear and without judgment or rancor, "If Joseph Dar'maryon insists that this is right, then Rainca will not cripple our certain triumph with bickering and conflict, but she must voice her very strong objections. And Rainca insists that if Joseph Dar'maryon's deception does not bear fruit, that Joseph Dar'maryon consider the wisdom of others more deeply."

She turns back to the interrogation, "Dioran Uthelem, Joseph Dar'maryon, Warrior Gath Stonefist, Lupic - we must leave these men. These men cannot help us. It is Rainca's thought that restless Brother Owl is the key. Let us go together to make our plan."

She turns to the captive, "Rainca thanks you for your openness." She bows deeply, "And she apologizes if her questioning caused any discomfort. Please, take the wine brought by Joseph Dar'maryon and enjoy, always, the blessing of the Blood Father."

Remove ads