• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) The Burning Tower (Knight Otu Judging) [Concluded]

IcyCool

First Post
Gorefoot - Gnome Barbarian 1

Anger building from smoke-burned eyes and lungs, Gorefoot continues to rain reckless, dangerous blows upon the creature. The irritation of missing or doing little to no damage also begins to increase his ire. It is only a matter of time before the fury building inside of him reaches a crescendo.

OOC: Gorefoot is continuing to power attack for 1, and will probably rage after another two rounds. +4 to hit (+6 for flanking), 1d10+6 damage.

Zweischneid

First Post
Turning towards Half-Orc, Morulas carefully inquires.
'Maybe.. you.. Sir Rodimus. Maybe you could share with me that magic potion. With that, I might be able .. I hope I will be able i mean .. to help the rest of the people inside from their dire straits.'

----------------------------------------------------------​

Thinking furiously, Morulas's attention is drawn to the heavy Masterwork Halberd hanging on his back. Could it be that a weapon of such heft could batter through the creatures protections? Morulas despairs for a moment, knowing his frame to be small for an adventurer, but then he recalls the potion of Bull's Strength that was also found on the first floor. Rodimus, standing next to Morulas, still has it. It would be a desperate gamble, but it might allow Morulas to help.

Ooc:

[edit]

Thanks for the clarification Patlin

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Round 10

Initiative: Fant, Nars, Rodimus, Morulas, Persephone, Ishmael, Gorefoot, Living Spell.

Fant and Nars aid Gorefoot.

(Rodimus can go here. If Dalamar doesn't post before I post round 11, his action is to hand Morulas the potion of Bull's Strength.)

Morulas, considers the strategy that has been used so far. It seems to him that the only significant information about the adversary was gained when Nars tricked it into pressing itself up against the side of the containment field, and the party peppered it with missiles. At that time, the group observed that the opponent was slow and easy to hit, but that it was difficult to damage. Making what Morulas might consider to be a reckless guess, the party apparently concluded only the most solid blows would effect it. From the noises and shouts coming from the smoke, Morulas concludes this guess was correct.

Ishmael strikes at the Living Spell with Violet, hittingit but with great frustration failing to damage it.

Gorefoots attack has the same result.

The living spell misses Fant. If it was more intelligent, it might choose a target more susceptable to its attacks, but it continues to pound on her shield in mindless aggression.

Patlin

Explorer
Round 11

Initiative: Fant, Nars, Rodimus, Morulas, Persephone, Ishmael, Gorefoot, Living Spell.

Fant and Nars try to aid Gorefoot.

Rodimus hands Morulas the potion of Bull's Strength.

(Morulas goes here.)

Ishmael temporarilly loses track of the opponent, missing.

Gorefoots manages a solid hit, doing 1 point of damage.

The living spell continues to pound ineffectually on Fant's shield.

Last edited:

Zweischneid

First Post
Taking the Potion from Rodimus with a nod of acknowledgement, Morulas carefully stores the vial in his bandoleer and takes up the halbeard. Without further hesitation, the elf strides through glimmering barrier into the whirling smoke, hoping against hope that their last desperate plan will succeed.

Trying to find his way in the impenetrable smoke, Morulas carefully gropes his way with the blunt end of the halbeard, keeping the fine weapon held before him incase anything would jump him in the dense smoke.

'Goref..' *cough* 'Gorefoot? Amin sinta thaliolle e dagor'² *cough* 'But I have bring an aid that will help you prevail against this havoc smoke-spell.'

(Fortitude Save)
[sblock]
Fortitude Save +3
[dice]

Total= 14
[/sblock]

²
I know your strength in battle

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Round 12

Previously: Morulas takes the potion of Bulls Strength, secures it, and heads into the smoke.

Fant and Nars aid Gorefoot.

(Rodimus goes here.)

Morulas maneuvers his way through the smoke and towards the battle, taking up a position next to the enemy.

Ishmael hits the opponent for 1 point of damage.

Gorefoot enters a state of frenzy, letting loose a blood curdling battlecry. His rage is intensified as the Ooze evades his first blow due to the blinding smoke.

The living spell misses Fant.

Dalamar

Adventurer
OoC: Sorry I haven't had a chance to reply in a couple of days, the net connection I have at my flat died on Wednesday, so I haven't really had a chance to be online too much, especially with school stuff barging in. Besides, reading "Rodimus stands there, gazing inside the smoke with his frows furrowed" over and over again is kinda boring anyway :)

IC: Rodimus hands over the potion to Morulas with a "hrmph". He has no intention of goin inside the barrier just of yet.

Remove ads