(Adventure) The Burning Tower (Knight Otu Judging) [Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
"Yes, I am Rilithorne. Thank you for your service here! When I bought this tower, I was told that it had defences, but quite a bit was omitted. Something went wrong while I was crafting an enchanted item, and before I could tell exactly what had happened, I found myself shunted onto the Ethereal Plane. I didn't have the means to bring myself back, so if you hadn't destroyed whatever was in that smoke, I might have been stuck there forever. I'm still wondering how exactly my enchantment went so badly wrong, but I was able to see a creature that maay have been responsible while I was ethereal. What was that thing in the smoke, anyway? I couldn't see through the smoke to study it."

Knight Otu

First Post
[sblock]Time spent adventuring was 50 days, a bit more than 1 1/2 months. Time XP should be 150 XP. That will put some characters to second level. I'm fine with the rewards. Go ahead and post the final rewards in XP, Gold, and other bits.[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

Persephone rises and straightens her hair. "Oh. Did you guys destroy that thing then? Sorry I wasn't much help."

She approaches Rilithorn. "Hi. I'm Persephone. We came here to help. I'm glad you're OK. This is Fant, Gorefoot, Rodimus, Morulus, Nars, and Ishmael." She points to each in turn. "Can you tell us what happened?"

SlagMortar

First Post
"Great work!"

"I, ah, don't know what the, er, creature was. It seemed ... um ... unintelligent almost. Just, nasty. I'm just, ah, glad the defenses died with it. Must say, my papa's chastisement of the arcane, seems, ah, well placed. Oh, and ah, sorry about your doors and, er, ... servants." Nars says the last words to his feet.

OOC: Great adventure Patlin! Interesting opponents throughout. Good thing we had Gorefoot. Thankyou.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
"What happened? Well, everything seemed to be going fine during the enchantment. I was trying to create a sphere that when thrown would explode in a dense cloud of smoke. I was finishing up the enchantment when it exploded in front of me. I was somehow pushed to the ethereal plane, presumably by the safeguards built in to the tower... If I understand correctly, the original owner was something of an authority on summoning Demons, so he must have put the safeguards in place in case a Demon got loose inside the tower."

"Once I was ethereal, I looked around to try to find the source of my trouble. You can see into the normal world from the ethereal plane, though not very well. I discovered a small fey creature with an enormous scythe and wearing some sort of hat had broken into my neighbors shop next door. He had taken some sort of necklace, though he left the other items untouched. The necklace was glowing, though I don't know if it was doing so on its own or if the malicious looking creature had made it glow somehow."

"I checked, and it was highly magical. I think it must have been giving off some sort of energy which mixed badly with the enchantment I was crafting. Strange thing is, the lab is supposed to be shielded against that sort of problem. That might mean that the energies involved were very strong."

"You know, come to think of it, I was probably the only witness to the theft. If you spoke to the jeweler, he might offer a reward for the recovery of that item. Oh! That reminds me! I really should offer you some sort of reward. I saw you pick up a few trivial items from my tower, and you can certainly keep those... a small price for saving me from that realm of ghosts! I think I should give you something else, as well, though. Problem is, most of my funds are tied up with a variety of projects. Let me think..."

Patlin

Explorer
Rilithorne nods in response to Nars' comment.

"I'll certainly have to study that creature. Maybe it left enough of a resdue for me to learn something about it. Many enchanted creatures cannot be easilly wounded except with enchanted weapons, I noticed that was a problem for you when you faced those air elementals. Hey! That gives me an idea for your reward! I have a colleague to the north of here that crafts magic weaponry. He owes me a favor that I think I could cash in for two mildly enchanted weapons. It's in the same general direction as the Fey Woods, so if you do decide to investigate that theft, you could pick up the weapons at the same time. I can send a message ahead indicating what you would like."

ooc: Thank you for the compliment, Slag!

Zweischneid

First Post
'Demons.. Feyfolk.. and scythewielding thiefs?'
Morulas frowns highly sceptical.

'But I guess we can have a word with the goldsmith next door if you so choose.'

OoC:
Yah, nice adventure. Hope I didn't spoil to much of it with my moral bickering.

Patlin

Explorer
Rewards

XP: 1,053 xp each -- Welcome to 2nd level, to all those who weren't at least that before.

Items (these can be kept or sold for 1/2 value)
Masterwork Halberd: 310 gp value (currently Morulas has this.)
Scrolls, 2 level 3 (CL 5) and 1 level 1 (CL 3): 825 gp value
Potions, 3 level 2 spells: 900 gp (a fourth one was consumed)
Two +1 magic weapons of your choice

Cash (at full value)
Owed from city watch: 200 gp
Vault in Study: 46.3 gp
Material Components: 350 gp
Total: 596.3 gp

Please determine who will keep which item, how you are going to divide up the gold. Also, let me know if you are interested in investigating the theft. That will be a seperate adventure, to be entitled "The Faerie Woods."

IcyCool

First Post
Gorefoot - Gnome Barbarian 1

Gorefoot stomps on the remains of the living spell for the duration of his rage, and then steps back, his breath coming in heavy gulps. He slowly calms down as the others begin to speak to Rilithorne.

Patlin said:
He owes me a favor that I think I could cash in for two mildly enchanted weapons. It's in the same general direction as the Fey Woods, so if you do decide to investigate that theft, you could pick up the weapons at the same time. I can send a message ahead indicating what you would like.

"I could use a better sword. I think mine might be dull." He glances around to the others. "If anyone wants to check out this theif, I'll go with you."

OOC: Yay! Gorefoot lives, and makes it to level 2! Great adventure Patlin, I had a fantastic time! I'll be delighted to check out your new adventure.

Does anyone know how we are supposed to do hitpoints for new levels?

Last edited:

Remove ads