(Adventure) The Burning Tower (Knight Otu Judging) [Concluded]

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Persephone rises and straightens her hair. "Oh. Did you guys destroy that thing then? Sorry I wasn't much help."

Ishmael was relieved that Persephone was unharmed and his oath to safeguard her was unbroken. "Methinks that thine safety was enough, milady. After all, thine aid was invaluable in the levels below."

When the Halfling saw the burns upon Fant, Nars and whomever else was splashed by the oil, he apologized to them profusely. He offered to use his curing power on their wounds.

To Rilthorne: "Thou art welcome, Master Rilthorne. My heart is glad to know that there was no threat to Orussus. Ummm... Since thou art a magick-user of great power, thou can sate my curiosity upon a subject."

Ishmael glanced briefly at Persephone then returned his gaze to the old man, questions brimming in his mind. "Have thee any lore concerning dragons?"

ooc1: just working up my knowledge (arcana)

ooc2: I liked the adventure as well, though it certainly made me rue my lack of magick and/or two-handed weaponry. One thing I also enjoyed was the quick pacing. Often times, some adventures just slow down. However, it was a blast to be in this one. Great job, Patlin!

Patlin

Explorer
Rilithorne ponders Ishmaels question, and after a series of questions of his own in order to find out what exactly the little halfling is looking for he launches into a fairly lengthy conversation on the subject of Dragons. Ooc: I refer you all to Zweischneid's signature for some of the more interesting details. :)

OOC:
Thank you, everyone, I'm very glad you had a good time.

Does anyone know how we are supposed to do hitpoints for new levels?

Now THERE is a good question. I've been meaning to ask that myself! Nimisgod?

Zweischneid, I very much enjoyed the characterization you put into Morulas. I'm sure it's tough for an Elven Ranger to be stuck inside a building for an entire adventure, but hopefully I can make that up to you if you play in the next one. As you can tell from the title, it's got an outdoor theme.

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars accepts Ishmael's apology. "We won the day Sir Ishmael and we can all walk away. That is what matters."

Turning back to Rilthorne, "I think I could, ah, help find this thief."

Nars asks appropriate questions to determine values of things and starts doing math in the soot on the floor. Mumbling to himself, "if we sold everything, the total would be 3913.8 (assuming 2300 gp per magic weapon), 652.3 each. It'd be a waste to sell useful things so useful items could be taken and applied at sale value to the taker's share. Even still, the magic weapon's are about a double share though." Nars taps his soot covered finger to his lip. Still mumbling, "Hmm. Ishmael used several charges from his wand so he deserves some extra, and Gorefoot would certainly put a magic weapon to good use. Perhaps those two deserve the weapons." Nars scratches some more on the soot.
"That would leave 1613.8, 403.45 each for the rest."

OOC: I started doing the above out of character, but its very Nars-like so I thought I'd do it IC instead. Hopefully no one minds that Nars have no appraise skill. Feel free to propose another solution.

OOC2: Morulas's point was quite valid. It made me think twice which is always good.

Last edited:

Zweischneid

First Post
'Hmm, I think your counting may be a bit off Nars' Morulas mumbles.

'596.3 gp for the valuables, 2025 gp for the items (half if sold) and 4600 for the enchanted weapons would be well over 7.000 gp!' the elf whistles impressed.

'More than twice of what you've counted...' Morulas mocks the dwarf with a sly expression.

Ooc:
Well, Morulas is neither interested in the halbeard or the Potion of Fox Cunning he still holds... but you can charge me for the other two potions I drank if you want.

As per the post above, I'd be very happy to join the next adventure. I have to announce though, that I'll be off for a week of snowboarding shortly after the holidays. I hope thats not a hindrance.

SlagMortar

First Post
"Well, for my calculation I, ah, assumed that everything would be sold. A small magic greatsword is worth 2300 gp to Gorefoot, but only 1150 gp to anyone else in the group so a fair value would be 1150 when dividing it."

OOC: No need to charge for consumed items. It was consumed to benefit the group.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Zweischneid said:
Ooc:
Well, Morulas is neither interested in the halbeard or the Potion of Fox Cunning he still holds... but you can charge me for the other two potions I drank if you want.

As per the post above, I'd be very happy to join the next adventure. I have to announce though, that I'll be off for a week of snowboarding shortly after the holidays. I hope thats not a hindrance.

I know you drank the Bulls Strength, which other one did you drink? Maybe the potion of Blur? I can't recall. Just out of curiousity, I'm trying to stay out of the divvying.

As to being busy over the holidays, that is likely to be a widespread problem. I'll be travelling to see my Father-In-Law in a couple of weeks myself, though I *hope* to have internet access while there. We'll work around the snowboarding! Out here in Colorado, we apreciate the fine arts of falling down snow covered mountains. :)

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

"Thanks for the kind words, Ishmael. You're a real sweetie." Persephone bends over and delivers a firm kiss on the halfling's forehead.

"Personally, I don't need any magic weapons. I really could use some cash though. Perhaps I'm the best one to take the scrolls too. I have some ideas on figuring out how to read them.":

"I'm interested in the jewel theif as well. I would just hate it if someone stole my jewlry. It would be cool to visit some elves, too. We don't have many of those where I come from."

"Mr. Rilithorn. Very pleased to meet you. If you're ever in a bind again, look us up. You've been very good natured with us. Some wizards are just so grumpy. Even if we saved their lives, they'd still be carrying on about how we broke their armor and mucked around in their desks." Persephone proceeds to give Rilithorn a hug.

OOC: Great job Paitlin. The pace was outstanding, and I loved the use of puzzels and unusual enemies for the combat.

Zweischneid

First Post
I know you drank the Bulls Strength, which other one did you drink? Maybe the potion of Blur? I can't recall. Just out of curiousity, I'm trying to stay out of the divvying.

I drank the potion of Cat's Grace in the combat with the Monster-Monkey to counter my lack of a Precise Shot feat somewhat.
Morulas still holds on to the Fox Cunning,.. no Idea who has the Blur Potion.

Remove ads