[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]So: the door then? It'd be a shame to come all this way and not open it. :) Assuming we saw no other passageways, this looks to be the best bet. Doesn't rule out the possibility of traps on the other side, though.

Any way to protect ourselves from heat before we do? Or just kick it open?[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Harressh has one potion of Fire Resistance... any particular reason for him to give it up to someone else?[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Nope, no reason to give it up... But wait, didn't we just get those potions? A HINT perhaps? :)

Maybe we should at least get them out - whoever has one - and have 'em ready.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc]If we distribute items, I would like to get the Lyrandar Bag of Holding that was part of my wishlist... It is good if a healer is able to 'quickdraw' his healing potion.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Varis uses weapon and shield. I still hope someone gives him the back, because he cannot ask fo it IC. With it, the potion is only a minor action away.[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I have no idea who you're talking about WD, but if somehow I'm the one blocking your loot distribution then my character gives you the bag. If it's someone else, then I'm sure it's cool if they give you the bag as well. If anyone has any objections, just say something, but otherwise I think you can go ahead and assume you have it and any potions you have are in it and at the ready.[/sblock]
Gark kicks open the door.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=WD]
I am pretty certain Varis picked it up way back in the storage room and nobody had any issue with it then. For the sake of PbP speed let's go with that. [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The door is kicked in a wave of heat slams into the party as the hallway opens onto a steel catwalk, which narrows to a 10-foot-wide bridge as it crosses to the other side. Thirty feet below, molten metal churns. A fine mesh is stretched across the room about 10 feet above the chasm, and on it rests charred humanoid remains.

On the far side of the catwalk is a pair of winged drakes made of steel. Their luminous eyes flair at your arrival. An apparition stands with the creatures. It is a translucent human male dressed in the finery of House Cannith. At his
heart burns a spectral blue flame. His eyes, mouth, and hair share a similar fire. The ghost looks surprised to see you, a scowl crosses his face.

[sblock=OOC]
Surprise Round.
This is a reposting of Haestus' description for Gark, the rest of you encountered him right before he animated the traps and undead previously.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Features of Area]

Illumination: Bright light from the molten metal.

Rails: The catwalk and balconies have rails, which give any creature forced over an edge a +2 bonus to the saving throw to avoid falling.

Safety Mesh: The safety mesh is inches above a sea of molten metal. A creature that starts its turn on the mesh takes 5 fire damage. [/sblock]

Attachments

• Cannith.jpg
    Cannith.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 75

Remove ads