[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

renau1g

First Post
As Varak charges across the catwalk, suddenly he has the oddest sensation of falling... then he lands on the hot metal mesh, right next to a charred body of what was likely a hobgoblin.

[sblock=ooc]
Trap! The catwalk falls open on G/H 12/13 and Varak falls the 30' and lands prone, taking 10 damage.

vs ref (1d20+11=22, 2d10=10)

When you start your turn on the mesh, you take 5 fire damage. It's a DC 15 athletics check to climb, so it'd be a double move to climb, provided you make 2 successful checks.

Haltor can adjust his actions if necessary, or at least need an athletics check to jump the now open gap.

P.S. Baby and mama are doing well, I just had to do something quick for work and checked here. I'm going back to the hospital now. Have fun.
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]Updated. With Athletics of +12, he can't fail to make the jump, methinks. Anyway, he slaughtered it. That jump went down like a goliath monk. ;)

Congrats, once again on the wee one.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Varis takes position and waits for the enemies next move.

[sblock=WD]
If you ready an attack please roll the to-hit/damage in the future [/sblock]

Varak moves over the catwalk and charges the spectral figure. "You again, this time you won't escape!"

As Varak charges across the catwalk, suddenly he has the oddest sensation of falling... then he lands on the hot metal mesh, right next to a charred body of what was likely a hobgoblin.

Haltor and White-Eye follow the halfork, barreling down on the apparition. He does not slow down for the pit, White-Eye almost leaping the entire intervening distance to the shade. As Haltor lands, he slams into the apparition, knocking him down, while White-Eye swipes at him. The wounds are less than the halfling expected as the creature doesn't seem fully in this world.

As the warlord attacks, the drakes react with surprising speed, but Haltor easily knocks aside its attack.

Haestus stands up, shaking his head, and conjures a large hammer made of spectral flames and slams it into Haltor, sending the halfling flying. "Ha! You should have stayed on the Plains little one, you will burn for your insolence" he cackles.

The drakes descend on the vulnerable halfling, one tears into Haltor, but the war-chief manages to dodge the other set of jaws.

As Varak rises, a large group of wraiths appear from the molten floor and their touch sends molten metal all across the half-orc.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]
Immediate Reaction to Haltor's attack - Drakes shift 2 closer, Drake 1 ends next to the halfling so it can attack - bite on haltor (1d20+12=17, 2d6+8=15) miss...

Haestus: Move: Stand; Minor: Conjure hammer; Standard: Pain Hammer on Haltor - vs fort; fire/necrotic (1d20+12=25, 2d8+7=15) hits for 15, pushed to G7 and knocked prone (you can choose for White-Eye to go with you I believe)

Drake 1 & 2: move adjacent to Haltor and attack: bite on Haltor with CA (1d20+12+2=17, 2d6+8=14, 1d20+12+2=33, 2d6+8=13) one hit for 13

Wisp Wraiths emerge from the molten metal and attack Varak - vs Fort (varak) (1d20+8=23, 1d20+8=22, 1d20+8=16, 1d20+8=23, 1d20+8=24, 1d20+8=19) 5 hits for 10 total damage + 5 ongoing fire (save ends) (x5) [/sblock]

[sblock=Unlocked Stats]
Haestus: 20 AC; 19/??/?? F/R/W
Drake: ?? AC; ??/??/?? F/R/W
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Haestus: -12hp; insubstantial

Gark: 48/48
Haltor: 14/42; bloodied, prone
Varis: 49/49
Varak: 31/51, 5 ongoing fire (save ends)x5
Harresh: 45/45; 6/7 surges, resist 5 fire until the end of the encounter.

Init:
Heroes up

inits )Gark, varak, haltor, varis, harresh, bad (1d20+4=9, 1d20+6=23, 1d20+6=14, 1d20+2=21, 1d20+2=6, 1d20+7=10) wow, I bet Team Psion wished I rolled this poorly ;)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Features of Area]

Illumination: Bright light from the molten metal.

Rails: The catwalk and balconies have rails, which give any creature forced over an edge a +2 bonus to the saving throw to avoid falling.

Safety Mesh: The safety mesh is inches above a sea of molten metal. A creature that starts its turn on the mesh takes 5 fire damage. When you start your turn on the mesh, you take 5 fire damage. It's a DC 15 athletics check to climb, so it'd be a double move to climb, provided you make 2 successful checks.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Cannith.jpg
    Cannith.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 78

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Evo's saves]Evo is only taking 5 ongoing fire, and only needs to make one save. Identical effects don't stack or layer.[/sblock]Gark, get over here! Harresh, get those things off Varak! The halfling held tight onto White-Eye's reign's, keeping his seat, but grunting through the pain. His face grim behind his fighting mask, he waited for the warden to assist. Haltor then leaned forward with his blade, flicking it across one of the drakes, daring it to attack.[sblock=OOC]White-Eye moves with Haltor; Haltor saves to remain mounted (and not prone). He then delays until after Gark. If Gark makes it adjacent to Haltor, he uses Diabolic Stratagem vs a drake: Ref 17, 15 hp, its marked by Haltor, and if it attacks Haltor, it provokes OA from Haltor and all adjacent allies. If Gark is not adjacent, use Brash Strike instead: AC 17 and 15 hp; it can attack Haltor with a MBA (w/ CA if he missed), but White-Eye gets to attack it afterwards with CA. Use Rub Some Dirt on it for 8 THP and Dwarven Armor to heal for free.[/sblock][sblock=Haltor]Haltor—Male Halfling Warlord 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 14, Will: 16 — Speed: 5
HP: 24+8/42, Bloodied: 21, Surge: 10, Surges left: 7/7
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Brash Assault
Wolf Pact Tactics

Diabolic Stratagem
Flattening Charge

Lead by Example
Stand the Fallen

Inspiring Word x2
Second Chance
Rub Some Dirt On It

Dwarven Chainmail +1

White Eye—Female Clawfoot 3
Initiative: +8, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 19, Fort: 16, Reflex: 16, Will: 13 — Speed: 8
HP: 46/46, Bloodied: 23

Haltor[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
re: ongoing.... really? Didn't know that. My google-fu revealed a different answer.... ah well. That works, but it makes these enemies far less formidable [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post

[sblock=WD]
If you ready an attack please roll the to-hit/damage in the future [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Should I roll my attack now?
Sorry, I preferred DM's to do the roll, so they haven't to pretend not to know if the attack hits or not when they plan the NPC actions.
[/sblock]

Remove ads