(Adventure) The Haunted Halls of Stonepike

Aranel

First Post
Aranel was examinging the walls again, not looking at the body unless she coud help it, moving quietly over to Thurgan and Telerin she mumbled a "Nothing odd about the ceiling or walls...didn't climb in and it doesn't look to have walked through anything..not that I'm an expert mind you." she added.

After a pause she scratched her head. "Telerin...what cycle is the moon at?"

((assuming he'd know, being a druid and all ^^; ))

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Keia said:
Thurgan wanders a bit while talking looking for any blood nearby for a trail. [Search +6, Spot +5]

Thurgan nots that a tiny trail of blood seems to head back down the passage away from the lord's chamber. After fifty feet or so, it disappears entirely.

OoC:Assuming thast everyone is going to bed after this?
I'll have a big post (with Map) tomorrow. I need to run off to work,emergency fill-in for someone else.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thurgan wanders a bit following the blood trail - but trying to stay in sight of the others. "Seems ta head, this way . . . Any ideas what's this way . . . the trails puttered out . . . "

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Sir Ishmael asked about the destination of the passageway to the any of the Stonepike dwarves around (if there are any).

OOC: Ish is pretty tired and wants sleep badly. But he'll continue his nightly investigation as much as he can since the trail might still be "hot".

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
((OOC: Couldn't Telerin use Survival to figure the cycle of the moon? If possible...could he look for Tracks with it? I'm not sure of the second one.))
OoC:Firstly, sorry for not updating today in a 'real' manner. My mom is down visiting, and we are taking her around to the hospital regularly for gall bladder problems. I''l post as soon as possible.

1:Sure, if not, a Druid would have Seasonal/Cyclic info under Knw-Wilderness or Nature.
2:Survival will let you follow tracks that are not too difficult. There isn't a trail after the blood ends. It's like the Fiend of Stonepike* just disappeared.

IC

Ishmael and Thurgan continue to look fr signs of the Fiend, but the monster seems to have vanished.
Reluctantly, it looks as if the Companions will be going to bed without solving this one on the first night...

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"Ah, so much for an easy answer . . ." Thurgan mumbled as he stretched. "I guess we best get some sleep an' start fresh t'morrow. 'Spose we need watches at the inn?"

nimisgod

LEW Judge
"A wise suggestion, Thurgan" Sir Ishmael nodded. "However, the validity of the tactic shall depend on whether we all sleep in the same quarters. I wonder though if I shall get any sleep knowing that a murderous horror lurks in the shadows of Stonepike"

The halfling continued the conversation as they walked back to the inn. He glanced back at the "cleaner" dwarves, focusing his evil detection gaze for but a moment so he could make certain of their immediate safety.

[OOC: Just one round's worth of detect evil (absence or presence)]

Last edited:

Guilt Puppy

First Post
"Go'n sleep, wake up, go'n sleep... Whate'er this thing is, let's make sure'n kill it t'morrow, so we'll all be restin' a real night's rest fer once..."

Sturm begins his long, contemptuous walk back to the inn... He'll take watch if he's asked, but he's personally unconcerned about who sleeps in what room and when, so long as he's one of the ones sleeping some time...

Aranel

First Post
While Aranel waited for Telerin to come up with the answer (she guessed he needed to be outside or something odd) she made herself comfortable by the side of a short suit of armour.

Aranel was starting to quite like Sturm, he was predictable in a special way. It was sort of comforting. Thurgan she got along with as they had well there was something they had in common.

Dwarves didn't seem so bad...Underground wasn't either...if she closed her eyes for a moment it became a bit more like a city with very tall walls on a cloudy night.

She'd be glad when this was over...

Seeing everyone start to leave she glanced down the dark corridor, back towards the way they'd come and then gave the ceiling a thoughtful stare. "If there's to be a watch I can take all but two two hour slots." she needed a little rest..."Meaning more sleep for the rest of you." she added pointedly.

Remove ads