(Adventure) The Island of Varras'zul (Manzanita Judging) (Concluded)

rln

Explorer
[sblock]
nimisgod said:
Mona smiled warmly at Ogrin. "I am glad you came, Ogrin. I trust that you kept this meeting a secret from your companions?"

"None of the others have read your note." Ogrin answers truthfully, and switches the subject. "They worry about you, lass. You lock yourself into a room for three days, with a book that already is known to warp minds! They fear we released something on that island, something evil that must not be allowed to prosper. I think they simply find it strange that you should wish to flee -- their interpretation, not mine -- instead of standing and fighting.

"I too, must confess to a certain amount of trepidation, though for another reason; why this clandestine meeting, the two of us under a starlit sky?
Ogrin feigns a disapproving frown before continuing "If you are planning on seducing me, lady of Hyrag," the frown turning into a genuine smile, "then I will succumb to your charms, willingly!"

He steps closer to her, taking her hand and placing it on his heart.
[/sblock]

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Mona drew away from Ogrin. She took a dagger from her belt and threw it to the ground. It was Ogrin's magic dagger, which she took during the spell of confusion.

[sblock] She had meant to give it back to him. Suspicion crept into her voice. It blossomed into the hatred of one deceived. "Your words spin smooth silk and but your voice and eyes betray you, Ogrin.

I just thought... I thought that we..." Tears birthed in her eyes and Mona could not finish the sentence.[/sblock]

The halfling woman fled to her quarters.

rln

Explorer
Ogrin stands dumbfounded for half a minute, then retrieves his dagger. He then heads back towards his quarters after passing by Rillians hiding place, muttering "I'll grow a tail and whiskers before I'll understand women!"

He'll sulk the rest of the journey and refuse to tell the others why.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Two days after Mona gave Ogrin back his dagger, the Winder finally arrived at Orussus, a little earlier than expected. It sailed through the afternoon glare and found a comfortable place amongst the docks, releasing the party into the clutches of dry land.

"Farewell, everyone" she said to each of them except for Razh and Ogrin. To the dwarf and halfling, she spared only a bitter gaze. "By the time you hear of me again, Raven's Bridge will be a happier place!"

She remained on the Winder, her next journey being another seabound one.

oog:

The party has several books in their possession, a magic mace and a magic dagger. There is also the gold given by Mona and the gold found amongst Golgol's things.

1100 XP each PC for the time spent on this adventure.

Ad hoc XP:
100 XP to Scun
40 XP to Razh
80 XP to Nezrak
60 XP to Ogrin
20 XP to Rillian

If you get the books appraised and sold (as art objects): they can be sold for a total of 1355 GP (300 +400 +655) to a local wealthy academic.

if someone pays for the cost of identifying the magic mace it is
[sblock]"Bone-smiter" a +1 Undead Bane Mace[/sblock]

if someone pays for the cost of identifying the magic dagger it is a:
[sblock]+1 Flaming Dagger.
Command word: "Kaerastul" -> Draconic for "Firestar" [/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
As the ship sails off, with Mona on it, Razh spits and says, "Bah! Good riddance! Ah never claimed t'like 'er or 'er stupid ship anyway!" He kicks at the ground a little bit and jumps up and down, enjoying the feel of solid earth beneath his feet once more. "See if Ah ever go on a bloody ship thing ever again! Bah!" He looks at his companions. "Well mates, it looks like we got ourselves some loot to split amongst ourselves. Nah, Ah myself have ne'er been too partial toward books, but Ah guess old 'uns like that could bring a fair amount o' gold yer way, eh? We got ourselves five things 'ere an' five people. Should we sell 'em an' split the gold or what?"

OOC to nimisgod: I updated Razh to Level 3. I assume you're still a character judge, so if you could check and approve him, I'd be very much obliged.

Last edited:

rln

Explorer
The last one to leave the ship, Ogrin looks Mona straight in the eyes. "Farewell, lass. And a safe journey. I..."

Ogrin bites his lip and never finishes the sentence, instead walking away from the ship, kicking a nearby barrel in frustration.

Later, when the party is dividing up the treasure, Ogrin will stake a claim on the dagger, and will spend the money to identify it.

OOC: We also have five precious and semi-precious stones recovered early in the adventure (Golgol?). All gold I believe we have already shared.

OOC2: As this was my first PbP game, I'd like to thank you all. It's been a great time!

Xael

First Post
"Yes, let's get these things sold, and divide the money."

OOC: I'd prefer for both of the magic weapons to be sold, since they're worth 8000 gold. It's a matter of greed :heh: and even split. Nezrak can cast Identify (25 gp cheaper than salesmen?) if he gets the components for the spell (the price should be reduced from the money gained from selling the loot of course...). We should get almost 10k (minus Identify components) + the value of the gems from the loot.

Aargh! 145 Exp short of 3rd level and Craft Wondrous Item! :D Oh well, time to go shopping.

RillianPA

First Post
"Sorry Ogrin but I have to agree with Nez on this one. But I think we should agree to keep a look out for information about Raven's Bridge, I am concerned about what we have done."

ooc: I agree sell and split please. AND OMG 5xp short of 3rd lvl. Is that why I got the smallest ad hoc?? Can we pick up 5xp while we sell the loot? Where is an orc when you need one!?

Brain

First Post
Scun speaks. "Mongrel's way is to use what we find, but If you are agreed on selling things and splitting money, I guess that is okay. It just seems so final. Are we parting ways? I thought we might find more work together, now that we know each other."

oog to Rae ArdGaoth: I think you miscalculated your xp there. You got an extra 1000 in there somehow.

Remove ads