[Adventure] The Jade Ring (DM: Dimsdale)

dimsdale

First Post
GM:
Map is up. Please fix your hp. No use of dailies spent in encounter 1

Choose 1 of the following: Perception, Insight, religion or history in order to gain knowledge on what is taking place in the other room. As of now it appears that they people in the other room have know knowledge of your presence.

Please place your icons anywhere from N11 to R13

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Fhangrim]
As you scan the area you notice the priests, the guards or the one performing the ritual, but your interest in them doesn't last long as you notice a small rat moving in a zig-zag pattern as if it is searching for food. As it moves closer to the priests, the attempts to scurry between them. It moves quickly, then is stopped in its tracks, then staggers back falling onto its side as if dazed. It then regains its bearings and races off in the direction it first came. It was as if the rat ran into a wall...but there was no wall to be seen...hmmmm
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Leather didn't see much of anything special, he was too focused on planning the shortest, most effective route to start smashing heads.

[sblock=OOC] +3 Perception or Insight is my highest modifier. Insight 16 [/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Leather]
You do notice that the priests are in a comatose state, 100% focussed on the ritual, oblivious to their surroundings. The guards have weapons drawn. There eyes scan the room every so often. It is clear to you that there roll is to make sure that the ritual continues until it is complete without any interruptions. The look like they are well trained in the arts of melee combat.
[/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
Haaku moves quietly to the door and takes in every detail of the scene at a glance. Other men might look at this tableau and see little, but Haaku has spent years in the wild as both predator and prey, and when he looks, he sees.

[sblock=Actions]Perception: 29[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Haaku - Male Human Ranger|Fighter 5
Initiative: +6, Passive perception: 26, Passive Insight: 16
AC:21 Fort:19 Ref:20 Will:16
HP: 45/45 Bloodied: 22 Surge value: 11 Surges/day: 7/8
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +12 vs AC, 1d8+11 (off-hand)
Equipment: +1 Rhythm Blade Short Sword, Chatkcha, Javelins(2), Potions of Healing (2), Adventurer's Kit
Notes: +3 damage vs bloodied targets

Powers:Twin Strike, Footwork Lure, Hunter's Quarry, Heroic Effort[], Sohei Flurry[], Off-hand Strike[], Rain of Blows[], Invigorating Stride[], Jaws of the Wolf[X], Rain of Steel[][/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Haaku]
You keen vision detects the faint glow of "nearly" invisible barrier which surrounds the slab that contains Mr. Blue. It's outer boundary follows a hexagon pattern where the priests are at the location of the vertexes of the polygon. The barrier seems to be more intense at the location of the priest. Furthermore, your see that the gaze of all of the priest are not fixed on Mr. Blue, but the strange glowing silver mist above Mr. Blue which is currently in the shape of sphere with a diameter of around a half of a meter.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Torqua]
As you move from one face to another you can tell the following

1. The guards are there to make sure the ritual is not disturbed
2. The priest are locked in a comatose state oblivious to their surrounding
3. The head priest, based on the rapid shift from the text he reads to the mystic orb
floating above Mr. Blue, looks as if he's preparing for the final part of the ritual.
[/sblock]

GM: feel free to game plan (in character) what you'd like to game plan a strategy of what you'd like
to do. I wont give you the specifics of the AC, Fort, Reflex, Will or HP until you actually hit one of them with spell or melee weapon...if of course engaging them is your plan of action.

You guys can go first with your attacks...Note, if you spent your AP and some dailies in the previous encounter they are not recharged.

as

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
There is some magical wall protecting the ritual circle. Torqua, I think your knowledge of magic might best deal with that. My girls and I can try to take care of the guards near the opposite door, Leather can take the ones at the near door. Haaku, I need you to work your bloody talents against the head priest as quickly as possible. Torqua, can you fly him closer?

OOC: Leather still needs to be placed on the map.

Last edited:

Remove ads