• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

4E [Adventure] The Jade Ring (DM: Dimsdale)

dimsdale

Villager
Very good then. It's settled...on to Mr. Blue. The cleric folds up his papers and puts them back in the pocket in his cloak. I'd like to travel with you. Normally I do not partake in quests such as these. However, I've never had the chance to explore a possible true dragon horde. I will not be a burden and I do have healing capabilities if they are needed.

GM:

NPC Brother Navio: Take him or not? Role play your response

[sblock=Navio information]
1. Brother Navio will not fight in any encounter.

2. Brother Navio will be run by the me.

3. Skill checks in History +11, Heal +11, Diplomacy +8 and Arcana +8

4. Healing capabilities (per encounter)
***2 Healing Words: 2d6+7 + HS
***1 Healer's Mercy: Bloodied characters with in brust zone gain HS + 5

5. No penalty for XP or Gold earned
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

jbear

Villager
Leather grunts at Brother Navio's request. "Healing sounds good. Just stay behind me when things start to get messy."
 

dimsdale

Villager
Leather grunts at Brother Navio's request. "Healing sounds good. Just stay behind me when things start to get messy."
Oh...you can count on that. Navio smiles. With that everyone gathers there gear and heads out the tavern

As the party heads west through town they pass beautiful homes of those with power and money. Brother Navio points out the house of Lord Weinfurter, the father of the Lerrick, the one the dragon Bosch had originally marked for sacrifice. As the road veers to the left the group can see open markets. The party moves there way throw the hustle and bustle of citizens bartering for good buys and shop owners trying to squeezes their customers out of money down to the last copper piece. Up ahead the road turns to the right. The group pauses here for a moment as Brother Navio states that he has to purchase some supplies. He disappears into the crowd before anyone can ask what he needs.

GM: Last call to buy gear!

Also, perception checks from everyone please
 

Son of Meepo

Villager
Fhrangrim climbs into the driver's seat of his circus wagon. His two girls, miniature owlbears from the Isle of Laughing Gallows, lounge lazily in the back, haven given up on the idea of finding a meal nearby. The spirit of a male owlbear sits with them, keeping guard. Four draft lizards strain on their bindings as the gnoll takes the reins and urges them to move forward.

With nothing to buy, Fhangrim elects to remain in his wagon, keeping an eye on the crowd from his vantage point.

Perception (1d20+14=33)

OOC: One additional note. The cage isn't there to contain the owlbears, but to keep calm the average person in town. Fhangrim rigs it so that the girls can just push the door open. I can make a Thievery check if needed to see how obvious it is.
 
Last edited:

Goldhammer

Villager
Torqua takes a moment to browse the local market, searching for ingredients to use her potions. She suddenly distracted by Fhrangrim's wagon. "I could one of those. It would be the perfect as a mobile alchemy store." The massive alchemist thinks as she inspects the carriage. "Something large and flashy to draw the customer's eye."

"Nice circus wagon, Fhrangrim."
Torqua says to the Gnoll. "Where did you get it from?"

OOC: Perception: 1d20+5=11


OOC: My Alchemy background says that I'm able to make one alchemy item for free per short rest, with a limit of one item per formula. Am I able to make one item for each formula I have before we set off?
 
Last edited:

jbear

Villager
Leather looks around the market with disinterest, eyes alert for any light finger rogues that might try and sidle up too close and lift his purse.

Perception 15
 

Son of Meepo

Villager
"Well, my mountainous madam of magical mayhem. I just acquired this beauty recently. I've been doing the odd job here and there to earn enough money to start my own circus. This wagon here is just the first step."

Fhangrim gives the wagon a pat with his furry hand.

"Some day it will be followed by a train of carriages that dwarf this one. But me and my girls will always be center stage."

One of the owlbears yawns lazily in its cage.

OOC: The wagon, cage, and lizards were all purchased with money earned by adventuring.
 

WEContact

Villager
Haaku, having done spent the bulk of his wages already, sits on top of the cage in Fhangrim's wagon, sharpening his bone-wrought short sword and eyeing the crowd for one-eared men.

Perception: 30
 

dimsdale

Villager
[sblock=Torqua]
The wide variety of potion supplies from multiple venders keeps your mind occupied, which in one sense is good for you as you stock up on supplies, but bad that it distracts you from you ability to focus on what's going on around you. You do see at the last second a you lad dress in rags attempting to snatch you coin pouch.
[/sblock]

[Sblock=Phrangrim]
Your view from your wagon gives you an excellent vantage point to scan the crow in all directions. Your first scan finds nothing of interest. How every, the second time around you notice two people talking, looking over at you and the others many times during their conversation. One of them, the shorter one is one that you recognize as he was one that was sitting at a table not too far from where you and your newly formed party were talking about the mysterious ring. Observing them more you noticed that the taller motions the shorter one to go down the side street near them. You could swear that the taller one said They're here. You watch the smaller one move down the street and then enter a building through a door.
[/Sblock]

[sblock=Leather]
You notice a young girl talking to one of the customers at a vender selling bags. She makes the customer laugh with something she said, but you find out quickly that girls is only talking to the customer as a distraction. Behind the customer is a young man, you guess in his early teens, successfully snatch something out of a cart the customer has behind her. It looks like food.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Haaku]
You scan takes you immediately to two humans talking near a side street. You are not far from them, which allows you not only to see them, but also hear bits and pieces of their conversation. Near them is a vender selling belts and leather straps. Brother Navio is currently in conversation with the store owner negotiating a the price for the items he wishes to purchase. As you observe this you hear the taller one mention something about a ring. As you look back at the two people you notice that there gaze is directly at the cleric. Moments later you hear the taller one say something to the shorter one, then the shorter one move down the side street. The other one continues to look at brother Navio every few minutes, as well as some others in your party, including yourself.
[/sblock]
 

jbear

Villager
Leather, unconcerned by the pilfering of food by a pair of street urchins, turns away and focuses his attention elsewhere. As long as they weren't trying to rob him they wouldn't have any trouble on his part.
 

Goldhammer

Villager
"Impressive. I'm planning on starting my own alchemy store myself, but I'm sure I had my own circus act, I'll be quite the hit." Torqua declares, causing a small shower of harmless sparks to appear out of her glove.

Suddenly Torqua notices a young lad in rags attempting to steal her gold. Realizing he's been noticed he makes a break for it. "Get back here, you little sneak!" The massive mage cries as she attempts to chase down the thief.

Althletics 1d20+9=12
 

Son of Meepo

Villager
Fhangrim observes the scene beyond the crowd and turns to the rest of the group, speaking in a quiet voice to reduce the risk of being overheard.

"You see that fellow over there, he was taking a keen interest in our conversation at the tavern. Looks like they might be planning some trouble. How about I create a diversion while Leather and Haaku try to sneak up and get a closer look. Madam Torqua, would you do the honor of covering us from a reasonable distance?"

OOC: Was in training at work all last week. Just starting to catch up now.
 

WEContact

Villager
Haaku nods at Fhangrim, and slips into the crowd, circling around to the other end of the side street in which the two scullions skulked. He does his best to cut off their retreat without being noticed.

 

Son of Meepo

Villager
Fhangrim whips his lizards forward and they slowly inch their way into the crowd.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Make way folks! Make way for the most marvelous, magnificent, mysterious, and magical, menagerie of mythic monsters! Make way for Fhangrim's Marvelous Menagerie!"

The gnoll takes a cane from the seat next to him and prods the door to the owlbear cage open. On cue, his girls leap out on the street, clearing a swath through the plaza. Fhrangrim leaps from his own seat in between his girls and begins to sing...

♫ Come on out and you will see
Fhangrim's Marvelous Menagerie.
With the most exotic beasts that there can be
It's Fhangrim's Marvelous Menagerie.
From sky or land
From cave or wood
From the depths or from the shallows
Come on all to see the show from the Isle of Laughing Gallows! ♫


(Fhangrim begins tap dancing in the streets. His pair of pygmy owlbears pirouette gracefully to either side of him.)


♫ Everyone start clapping when they hear this song.
And when the animals start dancing they want to dance along
So come on up and watch show
Take it right from me
You'll never see anything quite like it...
The fantanstic, fabulous, majestic, miraculous...
Fhangrim's Marvelous Menagerie. ♫
 

dimsdale

Villager
Fhangrim's plan springs into action. Everyone around him, including the tall one, stop and stare in wonder as Fhangrim and his two owlbears dance in unison. This allows Hakuu to move through the crowd by passing by undetected. He makes his way down the ally to the point where the smaller one disappeared into the building. The taller one, observes Fhangrim's dance a little longer, then moves down the street, making his way to where road bends around the corner.

[sblock=Haaku]
You are sure that it was this spot where the smaller one entered the building, however there is no door.
[/sblock]
 

Son of Meepo

Villager
Fhangrim takes a bow and waves to the crowd before hopping back into the driver's seat of his wagon. He drives it slowly down the street, his owlbears following beside it. He heads toward the place where Haaku went.
 

dimsdale

Villager
OOC: Need to move on


Fhangrim comes forward and stands next to Haaku, who tells him about about the situation. The other two make there way forward. Somewhere there is an entrance along this wall...but where?

[sblock=Perception check 20]
You notice that there is a slight indentation along the wall in the form of a rectangle three feet wide and 5 feet tall.

[sblock=Perception check 25]
In the middle of the hidden door is a pressure plate. However, you suspect that the plate maybe trapped. There is a small hole right below the plate. Perhaps someone with the ability to disarm a trap could be of assistance here

[sblock=thievery 15]
You have the knowledge to disarm the trap
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

jbear

Villager
Leather had not followed Haaku, he had headed straight for the big lug that Fhangrim had pointed out, seeing that he was distracted by the gnoll's spectacular distraction. If he could get a grip on him with his brawny hands, then whoever he was, he wasn't going to get far in a hurry. And Leather was more than disposed to beating what he was so interested in out of him.

[sblock=OOC] Sorry for my late reply. My connection at home has been on and off lately, which has been frustrating.

Leather will try and grab the other thug checking us out, who you described as being distracted by Fhangrim's show.

Leather has an at will attack that grabs on a hit. [/sblock]
 

Advertisement

Top