• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

4E [Adventure] The Jade Ring (DM: Dimsdale)

dimsdale

Villager
Brother Navio comes back to the location where everyone was before he left to get some supplies. Upon his return he sees that no one is there. After scanning the area he notices the sorcerer barreling through the crowd in pursuit of something or someone. Not able to see the other he heads in the direction of Torqua, easily making his way throught the people scattered about on the ground as a result of being pushed out of the way.

[sblock=Torqua]
You finally catch up to the boy, now with his back against a wall with eyes showing that he's is terrified.

Please miss...don't hurt me...I don't steal by choice...please don't hurt me

[/sblock]

With the crowd attention drawn to the fat woman chancing after the boy Leather makes his move against the larger of the two thugs.

GM: @jbear Roll your attack


Meanwhile, Fhangrin, with his two owlbears dancers, makes his way to Haaku, who is currently studying the wall in front of him.

GM: @WEContact @Son of Meepo: Go ahead and make your skill checks as describe here

[sblock=Perception check 20]
You notice that there is a slight indentation along the wall in the form of a rectangle three feet wide and 5 feet tall.

[sblock=Perception check 25]
In the middle of the hidden door is a pressure plate. However, you suspect that the plate maybe trapped. There is a small hole right below the plate. Perhaps someone with the ability to disarm a trap could be of assistance here

[sblock=thievery 15]
You have the knowledge to disarm the trap
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[/sblock]




OOC: I realize that I haven't given any rules for combat. When it comes I plan on using the combat as shown in the adventure that MadAzolin is currently running here (scan through the adventure thread and look at the combat map to get the idea).
 
Last edited:

jbear

Villager
Leather reaches out with his brawny hand towards the distracted thug with resolute determination. The thug flinches away but Leather's grip is iron like. He thumps the butt of his axe against the thugs head. "What are you looking at us for? Speak up or your day is going to get worse and worse!" he growls in a low voice.

[sblock=OOC]
Grappling Strike vs Thug 15 vs AC Inevitable Strike second Atk Roll: 23 vs AC
Likely Hits for 11 non lethal dmg and is Grabbed and Marked TENT [/sblock]
 

Son of Meepo

Villager
Perception (1d20+14=25)

Fhangrim examines the wall carefully, looking for signs of a hidden door. His ears perk up as he notices something.

"Well, well what have we here gents... I think we can just open th... uh oh. This thing is rigged to blow if we are careless. Hey Max, have a look at this. Whattaya think?"

Fhangrim removes a set of tools from his pack and with the help of Ursa Maximus carefully disarms the trap.

"I think that oughtta do it."

Fhangrim uses Speak with Spirits
Thievery (1d20+9+2+4=17)
 

dimsdale

Villager
"I think that oughtta do it."

Thievery (1d20+9+2+4=17)
[sblock=Fhangrim]
The trap is disarmed. After further analysis of the trap you realized that it wasn't designed to cause damage, but rather it was designed to be warning device. The door opens to a torch lit hallway leading to some steps going down. You hear voices that echo throughout the hallway. You can't understand the conversation, nor can you determine how far away the source. You can tell that there are more than one people talking, one of which sounds like possibly in a state of duress.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Leather]
tge thug winces in pain, turns to look at his attacker, then looks away, talking back in a strained whisper. Uggghh! Hey!...Easy Mac!...Lighten the grip...the boss wants me to keep an eye on you guys! We report back to him every so often...some'thn about a ring you guys have!
[/sblock]



Your grab is successful.
 
Last edited:

WEContact

Villager
OOC: Sorry, my internet has been out at home. I should be able to post much more by next week.


Haaku eyes Leather's captive coldly. "Who's the boss?"

OOC: tony danza's the boss
 

Goldhammer

Villager
[sblock=Torqua]
You finally catch up to the boy, now with his back against a wall with eyes showing that he's is terrified.

Please miss...don't hurt me...I don't steal by choice...please don't hurt me

[/sblock]
The anger fads from Torqua. "Well I suppose I'll forgive you. In fact, I'm almost impressed from me, the super-sized sorceress, the massive mage, Torqua Debu! You're lucky I'm so compassionate, else I would been forced unleash my magical might against you" She says, summoning a tiny fireball on her fingertip. Torqua then kneels down to she's at eye level with the little thief.

"Now tell me, who put you up to such a task?"

OOC:
OOC: Diplomacy Check: 1d20+10=20

 

dimsdale

Villager
[sblock=Torqua]
The boy pauses for a moment. You can tell the fear in his eyes is starting to subside. I...I used to work for Mr. Blue, but now I work for Mr. Sams. He told me he kill my brother and sister if I didn't work for him. Mr. Blue was nice. He give me some of the money I take from people...like yourself...for doing good job. He smiles for a moment, but then frowns. Mr...Mr. Sams give nothing and hits me when I don't get what he wants.
[/sblock]

GM: @WEContact Sorry to hear about the internet problems. We'll keep ya posted. One correction: Haaku is not by Leather. He is currently by Fhangrim inspecting a secret door. (See Map).



GM:
Everyone: Please check out the map below. There iw currently no encounter taking place, but something may take place soon based on the character interactions with the npcs. Please add your stats on the character stats portion of the map


map

GM: Note: You are in investigation mode.
*Leather is working on a thug.
*Both Fhangrim and Haaku are inspecting a secret door which Fhangrim successfully
disarmed the trap.
*Torqua has befriended a young thief.
 

Goldhammer

Villager
[sblock=Torqua]
The boy pauses for a moment. You can tell the fear in his eyes is starting to subside. I...I used to work for Mr. Blue, but now I work for Mr. Sams. He told me he kill my brother and sister if I didn't work for him. Mr. Blue was nice. He give me some of the money I take from people...like yourself...for doing good job. He smiles for a moment, but then frowns. Mr...Mr. Sams give nothing and hits me when I don't get what he wants.
[/sblock]
"Well if this 'Mr. Sams' thinks he can get away with hitting kids and making them do his dirty work, he's bitten off more than he can chew, namely me!" Torqua says, putting her hands on her hips and sticking out her chest like the egotistic heroine she is. "Any idea where he is?"

"Listen kid, once I deal with this Mr Sams, I might be able to get you a real job."
 

WEContact

Villager
Haaku stares down the corridor, nonplussed. He turns back to Fhangrim and says, "We should probably look into this. Let's gather the others; send your girls for Torqua and I'll go see if Leather's done haranguing the second of our pair of snoops."

Haaku shoulders his way through the crowd over to Leather.
 

dimsdale

Villager
OOC: Is this map where the crowd was or is this somewhere else? Just wondering where Fhangrim's wagon would be.
GM: Cart is placed on map. If it is too big then modify it :)




"Well if this 'Mr. Sams' thinks he can get away with hitting kids and making them do his dirty work, he's bitten off more than he can chew, namely me!" Torqua says, putting her hands on her hips and sticking out her chest like the egotistic heroine she is. "Any idea where he is?"

"Listen kid, once I deal with this Mr Sams, I might be able to get you a real job."
[sblock=Torqua]
The little one nervously shifts his eyes left and right. Yeah...I can show you. He's points to a large Thug to Torqua's left. He's...he's not alone. He then quickly points out other members of Mr. Sam's gang. (see map) You (Torqua) notice that Mr. Sam and his two henchmen are keeping a close eye on Leather and what he's doing to one of Mr. Sam's thugs. They have not attempted to move, but their hands are one their weapons.
[/sblock]

GM: Note: The map has been updated. The only member of the party who knows about the positions of the thugs is Torqua.

 

Son of Meepo

Villager
"I'm not one to enter a domicile uninvited Mister Haaku..."

"But I could have sworn that I just heard him ask us in for tea."


With the door no longer rigged to alarm, Fhangrim gives it a nudge, testing whether the way is unbarred.

OOC: I also added the 4 large draft lizards pulling the cart. :p I wasn't sure which way Fhangrim was driving the cart, I just put it in a direction that caused less clutter. I can swap if necessary.
 

Goldhammer

Villager

[sblock=Torqua]
The little one nervously shifts his eyes left and right. Yeah...I can show you. He's points to a large Thug to Torqua's left. He's...he's not alone. He then quickly points out other members of Mr. Sam's gang. (see map) You (Torqua) notice that Mr. Sam and his two henchmen are keeping a close eye on Leather and what he's doing to one of Mr. Sam's thugs. They have not attempted to move, but their hands are one their weapons.
[/sblock]

GM: Note: The map has been updated. The only member of the party who knows about the positions of the thugs is Torqua.

Torqua looks over to Mr Sams and his two henchmen, eying Leather and going for their weapons. "Stay here kid." She says, patting him on his shoulders. "I'll take care of Mr Sams."

The sorceress goes up to Brother Navio and points out the gang members. "I think we might have trouble. See that man over there. He's Mr Sams. I believe he's replaced Mr Blue. Look after the kid while I'll go deal with Sams."

"Good to see Leather making new friends."

She marches right up the gang leader. "Hey, Sams!" The massive mage calls out, cracking her knuckles. "I heard you like to beat kids and threaten their families! You and your boys better get out of town before I show you why I'm called Torqua Debu, the great sorceress!"

OOC:
Moving up to o11

Intimidate check: 1d20+8=9
 
Last edited:

dimsdale

Villager
As you approach the group of thugs including Mr. Sams they are initially shocked by the woman's strong advance. But then the break down in uncontrollable laughter. Be gone wench or I'll put a foot of steel in ya!...although you probably wouldn't feeling it ah haaaaa ha aha ha!!! Mr. Sams can barely stand as he laughs at his own joke. The others laugh as well, but then quickly move back go back to the task at hand. Boys...I think it is time to pay the one of there a visit. They pull their weapons out <daggers> as they make their way towards Leather.

[sblock=Torqua]
Your threat didn't work. Perhaps it was a blessing though as they pay no attention to you at all as they make their way over to Leather. Shoppers flee the seen they know something is going to happen.
[/sblock]

[Sblock=Leather]
You see three thugs, one quiet larger than the other two make their way towards you with weapons drawn. The crowd of shoppers move away quickly. The one you are holding looks at you with a smirk. . Uh oh laddy...the boss is com'n for ya...ya don't want to mess with the boss.
[/Sblock]

[sblock=Haaku]
Just as you turn to move towards Leather you notice three thugs moving towards him.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Fhangrim]
The door opens easily at your touch. It opens to a 20' touch-lit hallway to a set of stairs going down. You hear voices but can't make out what they are saying. Suddenly you hear you two dancers hooting frantically. It is clear to you that they sense trouble not too far away. You can't see what is going on though from where you are.
[/sblock]

Brother Navio moves close to the sorcerer and reaches for something in his top pocket of his cloak. This doesn't look good Torqua. Be carefull.

GM:
@Goldhammer @WEContact Both of you have your characters performing movements according to your last posts. Please move your icons up to 8 squares form your previous spot. I'll then make a movement with the three thugs, then Leather and everyone else can interact as see fit

Athletics DC 12 to climb over lizards
 
Last edited:

Son of Meepo

Villager
Fhangrim hears the trouble going on in the plaza behind him. He raises his staff and keeps an eye open for any sudden moves.

"Well girls, sound likes someone may want to get in on our act. I think you know how to handle this!"
 

jbear

Villager
"I'm no laddy" growls Leather aiming to smash the thug in the face with the butt of his axe once more, but only managing tow swipe empty air as the thug ducks out of the way and slipping from Leather's grip, though not getting far. Leather turns to see where the thug was indicating, spotting the fast approaching rapscallions. "Hold there or I buckle your boy, good and proper!" warns Leather in a loud voice.

OOC: Grappling Strike on thug again 15 vs AC
Will get up mini stats when I get time
 

dimsdale

Villager
Mr. Sam's and his two thugs have seen enough and start to advance towards Leather. No one ruffs up one of my guys, especially here. This is MY territory! Normally I'd let you go with a warning and maybe a few broken bones, but not today. Your group has something I want. Give it up or die. The choice is yours.

[sblock=Leather] Your actions will decide what comes next. Reason your way out or fight. [/sblock]

map
 
Last edited:

jbear

Villager
To Leather there is no choice. Leather aint the type to mince words, much less use any type of reason with someone who had threatened to break his bones, much less kill him. Hit hard, hit first, talk only if necessary. He doesn't even bother to reply to Mr Sam. Instead he smashes the thug beside him with his axe and flicks the hand axe from his belt at Mr Sam without hesitation. He catches it when it returns and stuffs the hand axe back into his belt, slashing his axe back and forth in front of him, obviously taking the threat very seriously. Whoever came at him was going to have a very bad day.

[sblock=Actions]Cleave vs Thug 1 25 vs AC=Hit for 11 dmg Deft Hurler: Forgo extra dmg to make RBA (doesn't provoke OAtks) vs Sam 17 vs AC (probably a miss); If it hits 10 dmg; Both are marked TENT
Minor Action: Sheath hand axe when it returns
Minor Action: Activate Rain of Steel Stance: Any enemy that starts its turn adjacent to Leather takes 1d10+3 dmg [/sblock]
 

Advertisement

Top