[Adventure] The Jade Ring (DM: Dimsdale)

dimsdale

First Post
Very good then. It's settled...on to Mr. Blue. The cleric folds up his papers and puts them back in the pocket in his cloak. I'd like to travel with you. Normally I do not partake in quests such as these. However, I've never had the chance to explore a possible true dragon horde. I will not be a burden and I do have healing capabilities if they are needed.

GM:

NPC Brother Navio: Take him or not? Role play your response

[sblock=Navio information]
1. Brother Navio will not fight in any encounter.

2. Brother Navio will be run by the me.

3. Skill checks in History +11, Heal +11, Diplomacy +8 and Arcana +8

4. Healing capabilities (per encounter)
***2 Healing Words: 2d6+7 + HS
***1 Healer's Mercy: Bloodied characters with in brust zone gain HS + 5

5. No penalty for XP or Gold earned
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Leather grunts at Brother Navio's request. "Healing sounds good. Just stay behind me when things start to get messy."

dimsdale

First Post
Leather grunts at Brother Navio's request. "Healing sounds good. Just stay behind me when things start to get messy."

Oh...you can count on that. Navio smiles. With that everyone gathers there gear and heads out the tavern

As the party heads west through town they pass beautiful homes of those with power and money. Brother Navio points out the house of Lord Weinfurter, the father of the Lerrick, the one the dragon Bosch had originally marked for sacrifice. As the road veers to the left the group can see open markets. The party moves there way throw the hustle and bustle of citizens bartering for good buys and shop owners trying to squeezes their customers out of money down to the last copper piece. Up ahead the road turns to the right. The group pauses here for a moment as Brother Navio states that he has to purchase some supplies. He disappears into the crowd before anyone can ask what he needs.

GM: Last call to buy gear!

Also, perception checks from everyone please

Son of Meepo

First Post
Fhrangrim climbs into the driver's seat of his circus wagon. His two girls, miniature owlbears from the Isle of Laughing Gallows, lounge lazily in the back, haven given up on the idea of finding a meal nearby. The spirit of a male owlbear sits with them, keeping guard. Four draft lizards strain on their bindings as the gnoll takes the reins and urges them to move forward.

With nothing to buy, Fhangrim elects to remain in his wagon, keeping an eye on the crowd from his vantage point.

Perception (1d20+14=33)

OOC: One additional note. The cage isn't there to contain the owlbears, but to keep calm the average person in town. Fhangrim rigs it so that the girls can just push the door open. I can make a Thievery check if needed to see how obvious it is.

Last edited:

Goldhammer

First Post
Torqua takes a moment to browse the local market, searching for ingredients to use her potions. She suddenly distracted by Fhrangrim's wagon. "I could one of those. It would be the perfect as a mobile alchemy store." The massive alchemist thinks as she inspects the carriage. "Something large and flashy to draw the customer's eye."

"Nice circus wagon, Fhrangrim."
Torqua says to the Gnoll. "Where did you get it from?"

OOC: Perception: 1d20+5=11

OOC: My Alchemy background says that I'm able to make one alchemy item for free per short rest, with a limit of one item per formula. Am I able to make one item for each formula I have before we set off?

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
"Well, my mountainous madam of magical mayhem. I just acquired this beauty recently. I've been doing the odd job here and there to earn enough money to start my own circus. This wagon here is just the first step."

Fhangrim gives the wagon a pat with his furry hand.

"Some day it will be followed by a train of carriages that dwarf this one. But me and my girls will always be center stage."

One of the owlbears yawns lazily in its cage.

OOC: The wagon, cage, and lizards were all purchased with money earned by adventuring.

WEContact

First Post
Haaku, having done spent the bulk of his wages already, sits on top of the cage in Fhangrim's wagon, sharpening his bone-wrought short sword and eyeing the crowd for one-eared men.

Perception: 30

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Torqua]
The wide variety of potion supplies from multiple venders keeps your mind occupied, which in one sense is good for you as you stock up on supplies, but bad that it distracts you from you ability to focus on what's going on around you. You do see at the last second a you lad dress in rags attempting to snatch you coin pouch.
[/sblock]

[Sblock=Phrangrim]
Your view from your wagon gives you an excellent vantage point to scan the crow in all directions. Your first scan finds nothing of interest. How every, the second time around you notice two people talking, looking over at you and the others many times during their conversation. One of them, the shorter one is one that you recognize as he was one that was sitting at a table not too far from where you and your newly formed party were talking about the mysterious ring. Observing them more you noticed that the taller motions the shorter one to go down the side street near them. You could swear that the taller one said They're here. You watch the smaller one move down the street and then enter a building through a door.
[/Sblock]

[sblock=Leather]
You notice a young girl talking to one of the customers at a vender selling bags. She makes the customer laugh with something she said, but you find out quickly that girls is only talking to the customer as a distraction. Behind the customer is a young man, you guess in his early teens, successfully snatch something out of a cart the customer has behind her. It looks like food.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Haaku]
You scan takes you immediately to two humans talking near a side street. You are not far from them, which allows you not only to see them, but also hear bits and pieces of their conversation. Near them is a vender selling belts and leather straps. Brother Navio is currently in conversation with the store owner negotiating a the price for the items he wishes to purchase. As you observe this you hear the taller one mention something about a ring. As you look back at the two people you notice that there gaze is directly at the cleric. Moments later you hear the taller one say something to the shorter one, then the shorter one move down the side street. The other one continues to look at brother Navio every few minutes, as well as some others in your party, including yourself.
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Leather, unconcerned by the pilfering of food by a pair of street urchins, turns away and focuses his attention elsewhere. As long as they weren't trying to rob him they wouldn't have any trouble on his part.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases