[Adventure] The Jade Ring (DM: Dimsdale)

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: Is this map where the crowd was or is this somewhere else? Just wondering where Fhangrim's wagon would be.

GM: Cart is placed on map. If it is too big then modify it :)

"Well if this 'Mr. Sams' thinks he can get away with hitting kids and making them do his dirty work, he's bitten off more than he can chew, namely me!" Torqua says, putting her hands on her hips and sticking out her chest like the egotistic heroine she is. "Any idea where he is?"

"Listen kid, once I deal with this Mr Sams, I might be able to get you a real job."

[sblock=Torqua]
The little one nervously shifts his eyes left and right. Yeah...I can show you. He's points to a large Thug to Torqua's left. He's...he's not alone. He then quickly points out other members of Mr. Sam's gang. (see map) You (Torqua) notice that Mr. Sam and his two henchmen are keeping a close eye on Leather and what he's doing to one of Mr. Sam's thugs. They have not attempted to move, but their hands are one their weapons.
[/sblock]

GM: Note: The map has been updated. The only member of the party who knows about the positions of the thugs is Torqua.

Son of Meepo

First Post
"I'm not one to enter a domicile uninvited Mister Haaku..."

"But I could have sworn that I just heard him ask us in for tea."

With the door no longer rigged to alarm, Fhangrim gives it a nudge, testing whether the way is unbarred.

OOC: I also added the 4 large draft lizards pulling the cart. :p I wasn't sure which way Fhangrim was driving the cart, I just put it in a direction that caused less clutter. I can swap if necessary.

Goldhammer

First Post

[sblock=Torqua]
The little one nervously shifts his eyes left and right. Yeah...I can show you. He's points to a large Thug to Torqua's left. He's...he's not alone. He then quickly points out other members of Mr. Sam's gang. (see map) You (Torqua) notice that Mr. Sam and his two henchmen are keeping a close eye on Leather and what he's doing to one of Mr. Sam's thugs. They have not attempted to move, but their hands are one their weapons.
[/sblock]

GM: Note: The map has been updated. The only member of the party who knows about the positions of the thugs is Torqua.

Torqua looks over to Mr Sams and his two henchmen, eying Leather and going for their weapons. "Stay here kid." She says, patting him on his shoulders. "I'll take care of Mr Sams."

The sorceress goes up to Brother Navio and points out the gang members. "I think we might have trouble. See that man over there. He's Mr Sams. I believe he's replaced Mr Blue. Look after the kid while I'll go deal with Sams."

"Good to see Leather making new friends."

She marches right up the gang leader. "Hey, Sams!" The massive mage calls out, cracking her knuckles. "I heard you like to beat kids and threaten their families! You and your boys better get out of town before I show you why I'm called Torqua Debu, the great sorceress!"

OOC:
Moving up to o11

Intimidate check: 1d20+8=9

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
As you approach the group of thugs including Mr. Sams they are initially shocked by the woman's strong advance. But then the break down in uncontrollable laughter. Be gone wench or I'll put a foot of steel in ya!...although you probably wouldn't feeling it ah haaaaa ha aha ha!!! Mr. Sams can barely stand as he laughs at his own joke. The others laugh as well, but then quickly move back go back to the task at hand. Boys...I think it is time to pay the one of there a visit. They pull their weapons out <daggers> as they make their way towards Leather.

[sblock=Torqua]
Your threat didn't work. Perhaps it was a blessing though as they pay no attention to you at all as they make their way over to Leather. Shoppers flee the seen they know something is going to happen.
[/sblock]

[Sblock=Leather]
You see three thugs, one quiet larger than the other two make their way towards you with weapons drawn. The crowd of shoppers move away quickly. The one you are holding looks at you with a smirk. . Uh oh laddy...the boss is com'n for ya...ya don't want to mess with the boss.
[/Sblock]

[sblock=Haaku]
Just as you turn to move towards Leather you notice three thugs moving towards him.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Fhangrim]
The door opens easily at your touch. It opens to a 20' touch-lit hallway to a set of stairs going down. You hear voices but can't make out what they are saying. Suddenly you hear you two dancers hooting frantically. It is clear to you that they sense trouble not too far away. You can't see what is going on though from where you are.
[/sblock]

Brother Navio moves close to the sorcerer and reaches for something in his top pocket of his cloak. This doesn't look good Torqua. Be carefull.

GM:
@Goldhammer @WEContact Both of you have your characters performing movements according to your last posts. Please move your icons up to 8 squares form your previous spot. I'll then make a movement with the three thugs, then Leather and everyone else can interact as see fit

Athletics DC 12 to climb over lizards

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Fhangrim hears the trouble going on in the plaza behind him. He raises his staff and keeps an eye open for any sudden moves.

"Well girls, sound likes someone may want to get in on our act. I think you know how to handle this!"

jbear

First Post
"I'm no laddy" growls Leather aiming to smash the thug in the face with the butt of his axe once more, but only managing tow swipe empty air as the thug ducks out of the way and slipping from Leather's grip, though not getting far. Leather turns to see where the thug was indicating, spotting the fast approaching rapscallions. "Hold there or I buckle your boy, good and proper!" warns Leather in a loud voice.

OOC: Grappling Strike on thug again 15 vs AC
Will get up mini stats when I get time

dimsdale

First Post
Mr. Sam's and his two thugs have seen enough and start to advance towards Leather. No one ruffs up one of my guys, especially here. This is MY territory! Normally I'd let you go with a warning and maybe a few broken bones, but not today. Your group has something I want. Give it up or die. The choice is yours.

[sblock=Leather] Your actions will decide what comes next. Reason your way out or fight. [/sblock]

map

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
To Leather there is no choice. Leather aint the type to mince words, much less use any type of reason with someone who had threatened to break his bones, much less kill him. Hit hard, hit first, talk only if necessary. He doesn't even bother to reply to Mr Sam. Instead he smashes the thug beside him with his axe and flicks the hand axe from his belt at Mr Sam without hesitation. He catches it when it returns and stuffs the hand axe back into his belt, slashing his axe back and forth in front of him, obviously taking the threat very seriously. Whoever came at him was going to have a very bad day.

[sblock=Actions]Cleave vs Thug 1 25 vs AC=Hit for 11 dmg Deft Hurler: Forgo extra dmg to make RBA (doesn't provoke OAtks) vs Sam 17 vs AC (probably a miss); If it hits 10 dmg; Both are marked TENT
Minor Action: Sheath hand axe when it returns
Minor Action: Activate Rain of Steel Stance: Any enemy that starts its turn adjacent to Leather takes 1d10+3 dmg [/sblock]

Remove ads