[Adventure] The Jade Ring (DM: Dimsdale)

Son of Meepo

First Post
@Son of Meepo Who is XU, please include its stats? I gave all of your damage to g2 @Son of Meepo @Goldhammer please post your attacks on the map where Leather and Haaku posted there

GM: again...sorry for the late posts. I promise to do better :)

UX = Ursa Maximus, Fhangrim's Spirit Companion. He ignores any attack that does not deal at least 13 damage (which would dismiss him) and ignores area and close attacks. Being a conjuration, he is not subject to conditions, so is neither marked nor prone.

I did put Fhangrim's actions in the sheet, so maybe you meant jbear?

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: I'm confused about the enemy status. Fhangrim and Ursa Major hit G2 for 39 damage last round, which does not appear to be reflected on the map.

Also, I assume the guards don't have a Reflex of 29.

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: I'm confused about the enemy status. Fhangrim and Ursa Major hit G2 for 39 damage last round, which does not appear to be reflected on the map.

Also, I assume the guards don't have a Reflex of 29.

OOC:
Fixed. Thank you. Please mention in future post the enemy you are attacking rather than having me assume.

And, thanks for the clarification about SC.

And finally, yes...I meant Leather and Torqua for action post on map

map

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Haaku's Reflex is 21, not 20- I forgot to update my statblock to reflect the increased NAD bonus from the +2 cloak Haaku got from Mr. Sams. He only got hit twice by the priests, so he's at 29 hp and Necro is at 152. You can check the update history on my sheet, it hasn't been changed since before you posted this last round. Honest mistake on my part.

"Torqua," Haaku chokes, "get the priests!" He pushes through the smoky barrier after the necromancer, lashing out despite the unnatural fatigue dragging at his limbs. His attack lacks the ferocity of his initial ferocity, but it still hurts, and Haaku quickly shakes off the priests' enchantment. In his frenzy even the nearby priest is caught up in his attack, and takes a deep flesh wound.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Rain of Steel
Move Action: Move->G4 via F3
Standard: Twin Strike HIT, HIT Necro AC 23, 21 for 14 damage (29 before weakened reduction)
Result: Necro takes 14 damage, Haaku saves vs weakened, and Necro and P1 take 7 damage from Rain of Steel
[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Haaku - Male Human Ranger|Fighter 5
Initiative: +6, Passive perception: 26, Passive Insight: 16
AC:21 Fort:19 Ref:20 Will:16
HP: 29/45 Bloodied: 22 Surge value: 11 Surges/day: 7/8
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +12 vs AC, 1d8+11 (off-hand)
Equipment: +1 Rhythm Blade Short Sword, Chatkcha, Javelins(2), Potions of Healing (2), Adventurer's Kit
Notes: +3 damage vs bloodied targets

Powers:Twin Strike, Footwork Lure, Hunter's Quarry, Heroic Effort[], Sohei Flurry[], Off-hand Strike[X], Rain of Blows[X], Invigorating Stride[], Jaws of the Wolf[X], Rain of Steel[X][/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Haaku]

Haaku delivers damage to the priests, but learns that although he can move through the fog that he cannot exit from it into the inner circle where the ritual continues. There is a force field that prevents him from doing so.

ooc: I've placed him one spot north, which unfortunately for Haaku, causes 5 damage at the beginning of his next turn due to not being able to go to a square above the fog.

Perhaps there is a way to eliminate the force field...

[sblock=perception 15]
everytime you hit the priests a ripple travelled along the face of the force field
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Although Leather's charge had faltered he was quick to recover and make the guard pay for taking him so lightly when moving into flanking position. He smashes him hard in the face, although the force he is able to generate is weakened by the spell he is under.

[sblock=Immediate Interrupt on G3; Combat Challenge triggered by shift while marked]
MBA on G3 for violating mark: 30 vs AC=Crit! Max dmg=17 Crit dice=6 Total dmg=23 Weakened dmg=11 dmg
[/sblock]

Leather struggles back to his feet a moment later and all he can doe is offer a feeble, off balance attack. Sensing that this is going to be a long and bloody battle, he sucks in air and prepares for more bruising as feeling returns to his limbs, his strength returning.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Stand up
Standard: Cleave vs G3 12 cs AC=miss; Marked TENT
Minor: Activate Boundless Endurance Stance: Regenerate 5 when Bloodied
Endo of turn: Save vs Weakened 14=success

OOC: Sorry, if I had hit with Cleave I could have thrown my hand axe at the guard with 1 hp :( [/sblock]

Goldhammer

First Post
"On it!" Torqua cries, bellowing out another blast of fire at the priests. However due to the thick unholy fire blocking her vision, she's unable to hit any of them.

OOC: Using Burning Spray against P3 and P4 vs Ref

1d20+6=9, 1d20+6=9

Guessing I miss both of them. However the next foe that hits me with a melee attack before the end of my next turn takes 4 fire damage

dimsdale

First Post

With the exception of the attacks of Haaku the rest of the party does little damage against the enemies. Bother Navio, seeing that the battle looks like its going to last awhile, steps out from the storage room and comes to his ally's aid. First he points at one of the fighters already near death. Bright silver flame shoots from his finger tips and blasts into the mid section of the already injured fighter. The power of the blast knocks the fighter back against the wall where he stands for a moment then collapses to the floor. A silver radiance surrounds Leather offering some protection from future attacks. He then turns towards Haaku, barely able to see him through the thick necrotic fog. Mumbling another prayer the cleric gives him much needed healing.

OOC:
Brother Navio's actions...
movement: move to current location
attack; sacred flame vs G2 Hit killing him
minor: Healing word on Haaku healing for HS +14 = 33

The priest continue to hurl blobs. Four of them miss Haaku, Ursa Minor, Leather and Brother Navio respectively. However, Haaku cannot dodge the filth thrown by two other priests, one of which hits the fighter square in the chest. The remaining three guards continue to attack, oblivious of their fallen comrade. The two flanking Leather continue to pound away at him. One misses while the other hits him squarely on the shoulder. The other guard manages to hit one of the owlbears.

[sblock=priest attack]
Mote of Corruption (standard; at-will) ✦ Necrotic
The priest hurls a black glob of necrotic filth.
Ranged
10; +7 vs. Reflex; 1d6 + 4
[/sblock]

priest 1: Attack vs Hakuu reflex 1d20+7 for 2d6+4 necrotic damage and target is weakened (save ends): = miss

priest 2: Attack vs Ursa minor reflex 1d20+7 for 1d6+4 necrotic damage and target is weakened (save ends) miss

priest 3: Attack vs Leather reflex 1d20+7 for 1d6+4 necrotic damage and target is weakened (save ends): miss

priest 4: Attack vs Hakuu reflex 1d20+7 for 1d6+4 necrotic damage and target is weakened (save ends): Crit for 10 damage and weakened (save ends)

priest 5: Attack vs Brother Navio reflex 1d20+7 for 1d6+4 necrotic damage and target is weakened (save ends): miss

priest 6: Attack vs Hakuu reflex 1d20+7 for 1d6+4 necrotic damage and target is weakened (save ends): (Hit 21) for 7

High Priest:
minor: second wind (heals for 10)
action: resume ritual

G1: Powerful Strike vs Ursa Minor AC: 1d20+10 for 1d10+3 damage and target knocked prone: (Hit 22) for 8

recharge power: nope
Ursa Minor is marked by g1

G3: Shift to curent location and attack with Powerful Strike vs Leather AC: 1d20+10+2 for 1d10+3 damage: miss
Leather is marked

recharge attack: nope

G4: Shift to curent location and attack with basic attack 1d20+10+2(CA) vs Leather AC: hit (24) for 12
leather is marked

recharge attack: yep

GM: Stop ritual with in 4 rounds you earn extra XP...good luck

[sblock=High priest hp tracking]
two hits from priest attacks heals necro for 10 hp Now has 167/200
[/sblock]

GM: Note: Haaku takes 5 damage at the beginning of turn due to being in the necrotic fog at the start of his next turn

Last edited:

Remove ads