• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Mine-Militia Identity. (DM: horticulture; Judge: covaithe)

Drew tries to ascertain whether this is a trap, an alarm or simple rat caught in the armor. He observes for few heartbeats, checks for trip wires and similar and then tosses the pebble at the offending thing, retreating from it almost back to the party.

OOC: Move back out of blast 3, observe, think and toss...

He waits tensely to see if anything happens and, if not, happily continues on his way. He's careful to stay back from the thing, just in case...

Last edited:

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
The thrown pebble pings off the armor but nothing happens. Drew continues around the corner, finally laying eyes on the source of the odd chanting. A duergar stands before a large hole in the ground, a quick moving stream of water cascading into the darkness below. Another duergar stands on the opposite side of the hole, peering into the depths and unaware of the sneaky monk.

[sblock=Map]
encounter4rnd1.png
[/sblock][sblock=Special Rules and Notes]
  • The armor mentioned in the previous post lays around the dead bodies at the edge of the stream. The bodies are of dwarves, fallen defending their friends and brethren.
  • The crate looking objects near the northern section represent the blocked off and trapped tunnels Coppernight spoke to the group about.
  • The pool of water to the north and southeast are knee deep and considered difficult terrain.
  • The stream leading to the hole is considered challenging terrain. Entering a stream square from dry land requires a DC 8 Athletics check. Failing this check means the character losing their balance and the movement for that action ends immediately. If the result of the check is 4 or lower, the character falls prone.
[/sblock]

OOC: [MENTION=6671055]horticulture[/MENTION], what's are the light conditions near duergar? I cannot believe they are not seeing our light if they are in the dark. If not, can I push that caster into the hole? :devil:

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
OOC: [MENTION=6671055]horticulture[/MENTION], what's are the light conditions near duergar? I cannot believe they are not seeing our light if they are in the dark. If not, can I push that caster into the hole? :devil:

GM: It appears that they haven't noticed the light yet. Maybe they're too entranced by whatever ritual they're attempting to complete to notice.

As for pushing the duergar into the hole, you can always try.

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: MetaVoid, if you're planing to do the Monk Maneuver, aka rushing in ahead of everyone, do some cool damage and then be stomped into the ground, be my guest. Just don't complain your healing surges are getting low after that

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Sharpe has a ritual that that distribute surges (Comrade's Succor). But please be careful :)

Are we in combat now, or are we seeing what Drew does first?

MetaVoid, if you're planing to do the Monk Maneuver, aka rushing in ahead of everyone, do some cool damage and then be stomped into the ground, be my guest. Just don't complain your healing surges are getting low after that

Thank you for your concern, I know better then anyone I'm down to one surge. At least this way I could take someone out before being stomped.

There are only two visible and I'm mobile. I could (probably) get out back to the party without much trouble.

Sharpe has a ritual that that distribute surges (Comrade's Succor). But please be careful :)

Why, oh why didn't you say so earlier!? I would have paid for it, just to have 3 surges instead of 1.

I'll post something after I analyze the actions I could do (including minor action moves and APs) - I guess around launch (GMT time)...

Someone

Adventurer
Thank you for your concern, I know better then anyone I'm down to one surge. At least this way I could take someone out before being stomped.

There are only two visible and I'm mobile. I could (probably) get out back to the party without much trouble.

OOC: Just in case, don't take it personally: I've seen the Monk Maneuver in action several times already with different players and IMO is generally a bad idea. As you say, there's two visible, to you. We are behind the wall, have no idea of what's happening, and if something goes wrong we'll have trouble reaching your position.

I haven't, don't worry. I realize the danger. Does anyone know if I get CA for surprise attack? If this would be surprise round, I could get in and get out before normal rounds start and maybe even win init to move back...

EDIT: Here goes nothing!

Drew waves the others forward, motioning behind the corner and raising two fingers in the air. He then dissapears from the party's sight.

Drew sprints out of the cover and strikes the priest leading the ritual with both fists in the back. The priest yelps and slides toward the hole, windmilling his arms before falling in!

Splashing can be heard, "Kiai!", muffled thump and a scream of the falling cleric.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: N27
Standard: Crane's Wings hits Fort 24, enemy takes 12+4=16 damage and is slid and then pushed into the hole (I rolled both saves, just in case, fails the first one so off he goes :) )
Minor: eh, made a mistake, this one doesn't have minor action move :(

AP: [MENTION=6671055]horticulture[/MENTION], reserved, if it will see any use to return to the group depends on the enemies discovered!
[/sblock]

OOC: three rolls under 10, one above on d20. Luckily, important one hit, but init could be a bit better...

Last edited:

Remove ads