• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

4E [Adventure]: The Missing Professor (DM: H.M.Gimlord, Looking for a Judge)

H.M.Gimlord

Villager
The Missing Professor!
Adventure for Levels 6 - 9
Characters:


  • Gloom (Velmont): Male Longtooth Shifter Paladin, Level 6
  • Sir Draglin of Draconia (Luinnar): Male Dragonborn Fighter, Level 8
  • Dante (Iron Sky): Male Human Ranger, Level 9
  • Max (dimsdale): Male Human Bravura Warlord, Level 9
  • Auntie Mab (pacdidj): Female Human Rogue, Level 8

I made these rules a long time ago. I'm older and wiser now, but I still think they're good rules ;)
[sblock=Rules and other fine print]

OK. Sit back, get out your legal dictionary and settle in for a good cure to insomnia.... No. Seriously.

:-S:-S:-S:-S:-S:-S:-S:-S:-S:-S:-S:-S:-S:-S:-S:-S:-S

Player Info:
I encourage you to include mini stat blocks in your posts, or at least a link to your character sheet in your signature. Mini-stat blocks allow you to keep track of your own healing surges, power usages, acquired items, etc... without having to ask the DM all the time (Don't worry. I won't be a jerk if you forget).


[sblock=Example mini-stats]
Arkavas - deva artivicer 4

Initiative: +2, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15

Defenses:
AC: 21, For: 16, Ref: 18, Will: 17

Vitality:
HP: 41, Surges: 4 AP: 1

Languages:
Common, Goblin, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Supernal

Basic Attacks:
Melee: +11 vs AC, 1d12+6
Ranged: +4 vs AC, 1d8

Powers:
Thundering Armor, Magic Weapon
Scouring Weapon, Force Infusion
Caustic Rampart

Weapons:
Staff of Ruin +1, Vengefull Fullblate +1, Repeating Crossbow, Amulet of Protection +1

Healing Infusions 2:
Choose From:
Curative Admixture,
Resistive Formula,

[/sblock]

Passive checks: I will roll passive checks from time to time.

If these checks result in information (i.e.: there are arrow holes in the walls of this corridor, that dragon has one eye open, etc...), I will reveal the information in a spoiler specifically addressed to one or more characters. If you are not one of the intended characters, please do not read these spoilers. The character, however, is welcome to, in character, reveal the contents of the spoiler to the others. I'm not going to police this or anything, but the story goes more like a story, when it's done this way. Please feel free to get into your character with the information you have (or don’t have).

If the passive check results in a turn of events (i.e.: a trap springing, a monster gaining surprise, failure to realize that the guy was lying all the time) the passive roll will be posted at the time that the event happens.

Combat: Malenkirk Rules! I’m taking on too much already to worry about keeping track of initiative and who got hit when. I’ll post monster stats from either the Compendium or the Adventure Tools offered by D&D Insider. Some of the bad guys have been customized for this adventure.

DM Posts during combat will include:

Status of all players, monsters, NPCs etc... indicating Name, Location, HP/MaxHP, State, Healing Surges Left, Action Points left (i.e.:: Arkavas I6 -1/41 Dying HS 0 AP 1)

Map in the form of a grid with Battleship style coordinates

Enemy Mini Stat Blocks
including HP, AC, Fort, Refl, Will, Immunities, Resistance, and Basic Attack. If there are more specialized powers, I will post them at the time of their use.


Time's Up!: I will give players 48 hours to post, at the end of which time I reserve the right to RP the player's character on his behalf. I will use the most appropriate actions and At-Will powers only.

(this is rule created by Velmont, strict adherence to which ensures a good game pace)

Exceptions: If you will be out for a long time and unable to post, please let the party know and assign responsibility to either myself or another, willing player for RPing your character, or I can write in a scenario that takes you out of the picture until your return (The former is preferred).

OK, so I'm a hypocrite, I've been pretty delinquent lately, so I've no moral right to enforce this, but just saying that if, after two days, I do end up moving on, just be assured that I'm going to do so out of fairness for the others, not out of spite toward any individual.

[sblock= What are Malenkirk Rules?]

Named after their inventor Mal Malenkirk

In a nutshell:


  • Players roll initiative individually, bad guys roll on initiative roll
  • Players with higher init than bad guys go before bad guys
  • Bad guys go, good guys go, bad guys, good guys, etc...
  • Good guy turns happen in first post - first acted order.
  • Illegal post-overs will be resolved in that round
  • Legal post-overs stand even if each didn't know the other was posting.
[/sblock]


Treasure: I would love for this to be divided up on a finder’s-keepers basis, or by the good will of the party, but doing this can get unfair. I guess we’ll just have to see how this works out. If you don’t have one already, keep a wish list on your character sheet up to date with what you would like, and I’ll try to accommodate within reason.

Die Rolling: Roll your dice on Invisible Castle. If invisible castle is down (and it is down a lot), try Dice Room using your character name and the name of this adventure (title above, punctuation and everything) as the room name. In either case highlight the die roll in your post and use the 'Insert Link' button to post a link to your die rolls.

Out of Character Content:
Post out of character content (i.e.: complaints, tactics, mechanics, etc...) in a spoiler with the letters 'OOC' in the title.

:confused:*Whew!*:confused:

I'm sure I missed something, but we'll handle that as it comes up.

[/sblock] The gulls are crying in the cool of early morning, as Jahred makes preparations to sail back to Avenroc. The gangplank is lowered welcomingly, in hopes that his recruitment efforts last night were not in vain.

One of the deckhands approaches the nervous guard-captain, "Sir, we're ready to cast of on your orders," he leans in a little closer, "You think they're coming?"

"One can only hope Bwarin. One can only hope."
Jahred raises his voice to the first-mate on forecastle, "Hoist the colors and bar the capstans! Soon as we have our men, we'll push off!"
 
Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Villager
OOC: Two things that I'm peculiar about:


  • I'm a big top-down map buff, so I would prefer that you submit to me a top-down token. If you don't, I reserve the right to exercise my novice DAZ3D skills and create one for you ;).
  • Also, I'm partial to play-acting and role-playing, so you're going to have to forgive me if I get too wordy. Many of my rants are actually my way of hiding interesting gems of info that may give you a mechanical advantage later on in the game.

The important stuff, I will keep track of in a spoiler at the end of my updates.
 

Luinnar

Villager
Wait! Don't leave without us!Draglin shouts, leaping onto the deck.

Where is everyone?! Don't they know it is morning?! We can't leave without them! If we did they would miss out on the EPIC quest!

But if we can't leave without them that means we have to wait. Draglin mumbles, wringing his hands. He was up all night in anticipation. He hated waiting. True heroes never waited. Either adventure found them, or they found adventure! Or something like that. The tales of old never did say what heroes did when not on adventurers.


[sblock=Draglin Stat Block]
Draglin, Dragonborn Fighter 8
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 14
AC 25, Fort 22, Reflex 21, Will 15
HP 68/68 Bloodied 34 Surge Value 17, Surges 9/9
Speed 6, Initiative +8
Action Points: 1

Basic Attack Short Sword; +16, 1d6+13(+14 w/ CA) creature is marked hit or miss, if used because of an OA from movement the creature stops moving (but may take another action to move again).

Combat Challenge: At Will Immediate Interrupt Melee
Trigger: When a marked enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Sir Draglin.
Effect: Sir Draglin makes a melee basic attack against that enemy

Footwork Lure
Dual Strike

Combat Challenge

Distracting Spate
Battle Fury Stance
Rain of Blows
Kirre's Roar
Dragon Breath
Feral Hide Armor +2
Amulet of Life +1

Bravo
Second Wind

Tempest Dance
Rain of Steel
Quick Short Sword +2


Current Effects:
[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]
Thanks for the adventure! :)

I won't not know the first place to look for a top-down two weapon icy blue dragonborn.
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Iron Sky

Adventurer
Dante walks up to the ship and sizes it up as Virgil huffs and puffs to catch up. When the lizard finally gets there, it arches its back and hacks out clouds of oily black smoke for several seconds.

"This one hopes no giant tentacle-fish attack this ship," Dante says, half to himself, half to Virgil.

With that he walks onto the ship, Virgil ambling up behind him.

[sblock=Statblocks]Dante, Male Human Ranger 9
Passive Perception:22, Passive Insight:17
AC:23, Fort:24, Reflex:23, Will:21 -- Speed:6
HP:62/62, Bloodied:31, Surge Value:16, Surges left:6/6
Initiative +7, Action Points:1
Powers: Twin Strike, Throw and Stab, Marauder's Rush, Off-Hand Strike, Disruptive Strike, Ruffling Sting, Heroic Effort, Invigorating Stride, Second Wind, Jaws of the Wolf, Snarling Wolf Stance, Attacks on the Run Healing LoreItems: Boots of the Fencing Master, Ruby Scabbard, Vanous' Combined Awareness, Casque of Tactics, Power Jewel
MBA
: +15 vs. AC, 2d4+11 damage (Crit 2d6+19)
RBA: 5/10 +15 vs. AC, 2d4+9 damage(Crit 2d6+17)
Notes: *OA on any enemy melee attacking Virgil if enemy is n reach 2 of Dante or Virgil adjacent to Dante. *+1 damage with CA. *+2 damage vs bloodied. *+1 AC/Ref on shift. *Draw spiked chain as part of attack. *First enemy hitting Dante takes 5 ongoing damage(save ends). *Gain 5 THP on AP. *Virgil gains 5 THP on Second Wind.

Virgil, Beast Companion(Lizard) 9
Passive Perception:14, Passive Insight:14
AC:23, Fort:20, Reflex:20, Will:18 -- Speed:6
HP:86/86, Bloodied:43, Surge Value:20(25), Surges left:2/2
MBA: +12(+14 if OA) vs. AC, 1d8+4 damage.
Note: Virgil's OA uses Dante's Immediate Reaction.[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Velmont

Villager
Gloom walks to the ship. "You said that task may be too grim and dangerous. That is meant for me." He then walk abord the ship.

[SBLOCK=OOC]I am quite sure [MENTION=834]Mal Malenkirk[/MENTION] will be happy to know you use Malenkirk Rules! (And not Malenkirk's Rules)

Also, I've decided to use my DM credit to raise my character to lvl 8, so I'll be in line with the remaining of the team. I'll update Gloom this week.

Also, please note about this thread. Theme will be probably allowed by tomorrow, so I'll include a theme in Gloom too.[/SBLOCK]
 

Velmont

Villager
[SBLOCK=OOC]I just found out I have enough DM Credit to raise Gloom to level 10... As it is my favorite character and you were thinking to allow even lvl 10 character, would you mind if I raise it up to 10?[/SBLOCK]
 

pacdidj

Villager
As Auntie Mab toddles up the gangplank, a brown rat thrashes furiously in her hand, trying to get away while staring at the ship in sheer terror.

"Oh come now Tristram!," the old woman admonishes. "A bit of seasickness is nothing to put up such a fuss about. And, it's not like we're haring off to savage lands hunting bazzlebaums this time. We're just going to look for a professor. Now you just sit tight and be a good boy," she says, stuffing the rodent in her cloak pocket and buttoning the flap down on it.

"Good morning dearies. What a nice day for sailing!," she pipes favoring all assembled with a saccharine smile, and breathing in the sea air as Tristram continues to thrash about in her pocket.

[sblock=statblock]Auntie Mab - Human Rogue 8
PC:Auntie Mab (pacdidj) - L4W Wiki
Conditions: none
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 20, Init: +9
AC: 23, Fort: 18, Reflex: 24, Will: 21 Speed: 6
HP: 60/60, Bloodied: 30, Surge Value: 15, Surges left: 7/7
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Rebounding Accurate Dagger +16 vs AC, 1d4+4 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Throw Dagger +16 vs AC, 1d4+7 dmg, Range 5/10 (Rebounding) or 10/20 (Distance)
Powers-
Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish, Fast Hands, Chameleon
Heroic Effort, Eyebite, Evil Eye of the Vistani, King's Castle, Fleeting Spirit Strike, Snap Shot
Blinding Barrage, Bloodbath
Prison of Salzacas, Steadfast Amulet, Rebounding Accurate Dagger
Combat notes: +1 to all defenses vs. traps, +2d8 sneak attack damage 1/round w/ CA, +1 dmg on light blade weapon attacks w/ CA, make basic attack as an immediate reaction when first bloodied 1/encounter, scores critical hits against demons on a roll of 19-20

Tristram - Rat Familiar
HP:
1/1; AC: 23, Fort: 18, Ref: 24, Will: 21
Skills:
+18 Thievery (+20 vs. Locks, +21 vs. Traps), +26 Stealth
Status: Passive Mode[/sblock]
 

H.M.Gimlord

Villager
Jahred scrambles down the stairs from the poop deck and bounds over to the gangplank, "Gentlemen, and my lady," he bows his head politely to Auntie Mab, "Thank you for agreeing to come with me back to Rioc Alair." He nods his head toward the ship, "This is The Beacon. She's not too heavily armed, but since we are trying to make time, her design for speed and strength meets the need." Raising an eyebrow, he makes a half-turn, "Now if you'll follow me, I'll show you to your cabins. I can only spare two, so unless you want to hammock with the crew below, Miss Mab will have one cabin, and the men will be sharing the other. Feel free to meet the crew."

Jahred pulls out a silver whistle and blows it in the direction of the forecastle. It's tone is acknowledged by a handsome-looking, blonde-haired fellow on the forecastle (the only one with his shirt on), and Jahred motions for the fellow to join them at the gangplank, "This is Alberent. He's my Ship's Mate and my lieutenant in The Night Watch back at Rioc Alair. He'll be happy to answer any needs you may have while we are at sea." His eye catches something the ship hands are doing, that seems to indicate that they are struggling with one of their tasks, "Now, begging your pardon, I need to get back to making sure we can cast off right away." He bounds back toward the poop deck where the deck hands are struggling with the capstan bars.

"'Sa pleasure."
Alberent continues, "The trip's going to be about seven days." he laughs, "Took us a little longer than that to get here, but we're quick learners," he winks, "We'll make a quicker return, for sure."
OOC: Feel free to ask Alberent anything about the city of Rioc Alair, it's people, it's history, it's politics, or the assignment at hand.
 

Velmont

Villager
"A week... bah. As long as you bring it to destination safely. It is not a worthy death to get drown on the sea." replies Gloom to the captain. "So, do you that professor we are seeking... I don't even remember the name."

[SBLOCK=Gloom's Stats]Gloom
Longtooth Shifter Paladin 10
Initiative +5
Passive Insight 27; Passive Perception 22; Senses Low-Light
HP 81/81; THP 0; Bloodied 40; Surge Value 20; Surges Per-Day 11
AC 26; Fortitude 23; Reflex 18; Will 23
Speed 5
Action Points: 1

Current Effects: None

Basic Attack: Blood Fury Fullblade +16 vs AC 1d12+10 damage

[ ]Ardent Strike
[ ]Holy Strike
[ ]Divine Challenge
[ ]Iron Wolf Warrior

[ ]Longtooth Shifting
[ ]Iron Wolf Charge
[ ]Channel Divinity (Divine Mettle or Divine Strength)
[ ]Heedless Fury
[ ]Fortune Spurred Smite
[ ]Crescent Moon
[ ]Benediction

[5]Ardent Vow
[ ]Blood of the Mighty
[ ]Frenzying Smite
[ ]Death Angel
[ ]Aspect of Ferocity

[ ]Blood Fury Fullblade [E]
[ ]Lauto's Shroud (The Raven Queen's Shroud) [E]
[ ]Verve Layered Plate Armor [D]
[ ]Frost Gauntlet [D]
[ ]Lauto's Shroud (The Raven Queen's Shroud) [D]
[ ]Belt of Lauto Righteousness (Belt of Sonnlinor Righteousness) [D][/SBLOCK]
 

Luinnar

Villager
Wow a boat! I haven't been on a boat since... he trails off mid sentence, he did not like to think about those days.

[sblock=ooc]
Added mercenary theme to Draglin :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Updated Draglin Stat Block]
Draglin, Dragonborn Fighter 8
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 14
AC 25, Fort 22, Reflex 21, Will 15
HP 68/68 Bloodied 34 Surge Value 17, Surges 9/9
Speed 6, Initiative +8
Action Points: 1

Basic Attack Short Sword; +16, 1d6+13(+14 w/ CA) creature is marked hit or miss, if used because of an OA from movement the creature stops moving (but may take another action to move again).

Combat Challenge: At Will Immediate Interrupt Melee
Trigger: When a marked enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Sir Draglin.
Effect: Sir Draglin makes a melee basic attack against that enemy

Footwork Lure
Dual Strike

Combat Challenge

Distracting Spate
Battle Fury Stance
Rain of Blows
Kirre's Roar
Dragon Breath
Feral Hide Armor +2
Amulet of Life +1

Bravo
Takedown Strike
Second Wind

Tempest Dance
Rain of Steel
Quick Short Sword +2


Special: Draglin gains +1 to hot and +2 to damage when bloodied.

Current Effects:
[/sblock]
 

Iron Sky

Adventurer
Dante listens as he scouts around the ship, preferring to know his battlefield should he have to fight on it.

OOC: Dante will have the Mercenary theme as well. I tried to apply it to Dante, but there was an SQL error so... he'll have it later.
 

dimsdale

Villager
Max adjusts some of the scales on his new suit of armor. Satisfied, he turns to Alberent. Once we get there I'm sure that we'll have to ask around for information vital to our mission. How does one...gain...information in this city?
 

H.M.Gimlord

Villager
"So, do you know that professor we are seeking... I don't even remember the name."
"Who, Professor Aramista?" Alberent's eyes shoot wide, "Of course, we all know him. He's the headmaster of the Uni. He's been there for longer than most people can remember. Some of'em joke that he's as old as the city." Albarent points to himself with his thumb, "Taught me History when I was in school. Really smart fellow that one."
How does one...gain...information in this city?
"Well," the First Mate shrugs, "Until a few weeks ago, I'd point you to old Blagarm at the Crystal Mug. That's the pub on the harbor. Blagarm Barblacken knows, or rather knew, everything that goes on in Rioc Alair, but he's the one they found housing the ruffians. Now his son runs the place, under close Night Watch supervision. People aren't as loose with their conversation any more, but you might get some information there." He pauses, "You might be able to talk to old Blagarm in his dungeon cell. Might not be too cooperative, but it's worth a try." Still concentrating, Alberent offers, "You might try looking through Professor Aramista's office. We tried, but I can't say we made the best go of it before we gave up." A high whistle blows, and Alberent's head jerks up, "Gotta go. We're shoving off." He politely excuses himself and returns to the poop deck.

The conversations with the crew wear on as the journey continues. The party learns that they might find information at the Crystal Mug. They also learn that a not-so-secret-any-more room in the cellar of the Crystal Mug used to be the den from which the recently busted thieving ring used to conduct their work.

In addition to this, they learn that Professor Aramista's office was not thoroughly searched because of the interruption this would pose to those trying to continue University work without the professor. Sessions, however, ended only recently after Jahred and his men left for Daunton, so the search can resume when the party arrives.

On the fourth day at sea, having set a southwesterly course, The Beacon turns its sails into some rough-looking weather, "Wall cloud to the west!" comes the call from the crows nest.

As the heralded storm approaches, it becomes clear that this is no ordinary gale. The temperature and humidity quickly increase to oppressive levels, and the sea goes unnaturally calm. Just before the cloud-gloom shadows the ship, the sails go slack, and she coasts to a dead stop in the water.

"Eyes open!" Jahred's voice is heard from poop deck, "They could come from anywhere!"

True to the captain's words, as if materialized from the darkness itself, small vessels drift into view. The occupants of these small craft do not appear as if they are wanting conversation or charity. Their faces are emaciated. Their entrails are visible, hugged tight by malnurished skin. Their eyes are sunken and devoid of hope, yet they approach with iron determination.

"Give'em hell boys!" Jahred, and the crew charge to the rail readying for the attack.[sblock=Wide View Map]
[/sblock][sblock=Battle Map]
[/sblock]
GM: I'll be needing tokens from you (top-down preferred). You may pick any starting position on the large ship. If your initiative is higher than that posted for the Bad Guys (below), then you do not need to wait for my signal to post an action.

Deck Gun: There is a single deck gun on The Beacon. It goes off once every round.

Swimming is per the PHB.

Fighting in the small boats:
Anyone fighting in the small boats must make a DC 15 Athletics check (no action required) to stay upright. Failure means that you fall prone in the boat. Failure by more than 5 (or a natural 1) means that you fall into the water.

I will reveal enemy stats when it is their turn.

Enemy Initiative: 1d20+5 = 17
 

Velmont

Villager
Gloom unsheat his fullblade and look at the creature. "It seems they have escaped Lauto's reach until now. I'll correct that problem." Gloom's eyes seems suddenly filled with rage.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Initiative (1d20+5=20)

For a top down token, I don't have any. I don't even have one, DM usually give one. I can give you one if you wish, but it will be the portrait style token.

Starting position will be O-3

Edit:
Minor: Blood Fury Fullblade => Gloom is considered Bloodied UEoNT
Minor: Longtooth shifting => +2 damage until the end of the encounter, Regen 2 while bloodied until the end of the encounter
Standard: Ready action => Ardent Strike on the first creature that come into melee reach.[/SBLOCK]
 
Last edited:

Luinnar

Villager
We're under attack! Draglin shouts. Looks like Greebles, what do you think Ms. Mab? he says pointing.

[sblock=ooc]
Init=17

Edit: Draglin will start at p -2
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

dimsdale

Villager
OOC: Please choose an icon for Max. Thanks.

initiative roll: 21
I'll post an action later on tonight as well as a statblock


That didn't take long Max states as he grabs his shield and moves to a place where he can launch it at an attack, which he does.

[sblock=action]
minor: equip shield
movement: move to p2
attack: throwing shield 1d20+9 vs enemy L1 AC
[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblocks]
Max, Male Human Bravura Warlord 9

Passive Perception:17, Passive Insight:16
AC:25, Fort:23, Reflex:22, Will:21 -- Speed: 5
HP:67/67, Bloodied:33, Surge Value:17, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +5, Action Points:1
Powers:
*At Will Powers:
**Commander's Strike
**Brash Assault
*Encounter Powers:
**Heroic Effort
**Inspriing Word 2
**Battefront Shift
**Vengence is Mine
**Grit and Spittle
**Second Wind
**Walk it Off
**Warlord's Strike
**Lion's Roar
**Armor power
*Daily Powers:
**Concentrated Attack
**Stand the Fallen
**Denying Mark
**Davros Elden's Hasty resurgence
**Shield Power
**Boot Power
**Sword Power

MBA: +15 vs. AC, 1d8+9 damage (Crit +2d8)
[sblock=Notes]*Action Surge Feat: +3 bonus to attack rolls when spending an AP
*Leand Meat Feat +1 bonus to ally attack rolls for any power granted by a warlord power
*Armored Warlord Feat: +1 to amount of healing surges
*Improved Bravura Feat: When an ally uses Max Bravura Presence, that ally gains either a +1 bonus to the attack roll or a +1 bonus to speed for the move action (ally's choice)
*Stubborn Survivor Feat: +2 bonus to all saving throws when Max has no AP.
*Belt of Vigor: +1 bonus to healing surge value
*Bracers of Mighty Strike: +2 Damage bonus when using a basic melee attack
*Circlet of Indomitability: +1 to Will
*Badge of the Berserker: When Max charges he doesn't provoke OA's
[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Spending an AP in the Presence of Max: Please Read]

Battlefront Leader Power

Any ally within three squares of max can shift 1/2 movement speed as a free action.

Bravura Presence

When an ally Max sees spends an action point to take another action to use it as an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll.

If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, then the ally can choose to do the following after the AP action:
* make a basic attack +1 to hit (due to feat: improved bravura)
or
* make a move action as a free action +1 added to ally's speed for movement (due to feat: improved bravura)

If the AP attack misses, the ally grants CA to all enemies TENT.

Clearly worth the risk :)

[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Villager
OOC: For a top down token, I don't have any. I don't even have one, DM usually give one. I can give you one if you wish, but it will be the portrait style token.
OOC: Please choose an icon for Max. Thanks.
OOC: Daz3D it is then. [sblock=*EDIT* Found some armor for Gloom]I couldn't find a free plate mail model, but as soon as I do, I'll outfit him with the correct armor. For now, I'm lucky I found a fullblade. How's it look Velmont?




[/sblock]Max is next.
 
Last edited:

Iron Sky

Adventurer
Dante reacts instantly, detaching a kama and burying it deep in on of their foes with a flick of the wrist, as he drops the other to the deck, fumbling for it as the first returns to him.

OOC: Wasn't expecting to have electricity, much less internets!

Dante in Q -1, Virgil in Q -2.

Also no top-down image. If you can find one of a ninja, that'll probably work.


[sblock=Actions]Initiative: Using Vanous' Combined Awareness: 2d20(highest)+8=23
Minor: Hunter's Quarry on L1.
Standard: Twin Strike:
*Free: Draw Spiked Chain
*Attack 1: 1d20+13=CRIT vs L1, 2d6+16=22 damage(includes Hunter's Quarry and Ruby Scabbard). +1 damage if their swimming grants CA(don't have rules with me).
*Attack 2: 1d20+13=NAT1 vs L1, to balance it out.
Move: Shift to R -1, gain +1 AC/Ref TenT (Boots of the Fencing Master)

Immediate Actions: Attacks on Virgil Draw OAs. First attack from enemy within 2 on Dante draws Disruptive Strike as an interrupt: 1d20+15 vs AC, 2d4+11 damage and -6 to the attack.
No Action: The first enemy to hit Dante takes 5 ongoing damage(save ends) from Counterstrike Armor.

Status Effects: +1 AC/Ref

[sblock=Statblocks]Dante, Male Human Ranger 9
Passive Perception:22, Passive Insight:17
AC:23, Fort:24, Reflex:23, Will:21 -- Speed:6
HP:62/62, Bloodied:31, Surge Value:16, Surges left:6/6
Initiative +7, Action Points:1
Powers: Twin Strike, Throw and Stab, Marauder's Rush, Off-Hand Strike, Disruptive Strike, Ruffling Sting, Takedown Strike, Heroic Effort, Invigorating Stride, Second Wind, Jaws of the Wolf, Snarling Wolf Stance, Attacks on the Run Healing Lore
Items: Boots of the Fencing Master, Ruby Scabbard, Vanous' Combined Awareness, Casque of Tactics, Power Jewel
MBA
: +15 vs. AC, 2d4+11 damage (Crit 2d6+19)
RBA: 5/10 +15 vs. AC, 2d4+9 damage(Crit 2d6+17)
Notes: *OA on any enemy melee attacking Virgil if enemy is in reach 2 of Dante or Virgil adjacent to Dante. *+1 damage with CA. *+2 damage vs bloodied. *+1 AC/Ref on shift. *Draw spiked chain as part of attack. *First enemy hitting Dante takes 5 ongoing damage(save ends). *Gain 5 THP on AP. *Virgil gains 5 THP on Second Wind. *+1 defenses bloodied.

Virgil, Beast Companion(Lizard) 9
Passive Perception:14, Passive Insight:14
AC:23, Fort:20, Reflex:20, Will:18 -- Speed:6
HP:86/86, Bloodied:43, Surge Value:20(25), Surges left:2/2
MBA: +12(+14 if OA) vs. AC, 1d8+4 damage.
Note: Virgil's OA uses Dante's Immediate Reaction.[/sblock][/sblock]
 

Advertisement

Top