• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) The old fashioned way...

Knight Otu

First Post
"That's not good. Maybe we should go into the direction where Morn mentioned the orc camp would be? Not into the camp itself, of course, just the general direction. With some luck, we might stumble across the tracks again as well."

Zerth

First Post
"I have no better ideas," Durg replies. "Morn said camp somewhere in mountains. Let's head that way and hope we find more clues."

"Durg not good tracker anyway," the half-orc adds and kicks a loose branch on the ground.

Manzanita

First Post
the pursuit

Durg and Sembian continue to head in the general direction of the mountains, as best as they can discern it through the trees. After a day of rather depressing wandering, it again approaches nightfall. This time they notice something. Not far ahead, in a wooded valley, a thin trail of smoke rises up near a stream.

Zerth

First Post
"Maybe we can. Careful, it might be the orcs. Dark not a big problem for me, but orcs also see in dark. Let's go."

Durg begins to ride in the direction of the smoke, but tries to stay alert for surprises.

Manzanita

First Post
The pair steer their steeds closer. Just over an embankment, they see a rock outcrop that might give them a clear veiw of the fire area. Dismounting, they crawl the the edge and look over. Though they cannot immediatly see anyone, there is a tent set up. It is colorful and doesn't seem of orcish make. They can also see the campfire set in a clearing by the stream, with some logs pulled up to act as benches.

As they discuss their next move, they hear the clip-clops of horse hooves approaching them from behind.

Zerth

First Post
Durg turns to look, who's approaching them. "Someone comes. Be ready," he says shortly to his human companion.

Manzanita

First Post
The rider turns out to be none other than Cailean. He and Rogar split up after their tracks seemed to split. Cailean eventually got completely lost, but headed this direction upon seeing the smoke.

Knight Otu

First Post
Semabin reaches for his scimitars, but relaxes as he sees who is coming.
"Cailean? Are you alone?"
After hearing how Cailean ended up here, he says
"We also had not much luck with the tracks we were following. We thought it might be a good idea to move in the general direction Morn gave us. Then we came to this place."

Steadfast

First Post
"Yes, I come alone. Rogar and Halydin have continued on while I tried to follow what looked like a second set of tracks. If it hadn't been for that smoke ahead, I might have wandered for days." He gestures toward the camp below with his guisarme. "That doesn't look Orcish and it's not drab enough to be a ranger's tent. Who else could be out in these woods with us?"

Remove ads