• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)

"Do you know the names of the missing group? Also, where is Khyber Gate?"
Orsik waves away that last question
"Forget I asked, we'll ask coachers if none of us knows. What about the names?"

Antithetist

First Post
Farrow shakes his head. "No names. We must hope that your investigations of the temple will turn up evidence of their fate - if not, I see no way to track them."

[sblock=OOC]It seems like we're about done here, unless someone has pressing questions that they haven't had the chance to ask yet. I'll move things along tonight unless somebody says otherwise.[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Well, 100 gold pieces sounds good to me. Plus, Khyber's Gate has several good places to eat and establishments with different types of entertainment. This sounds a lot more enjoyable than my last mission of weeks of traveling to the back end of the world for thirty seconds of clean up fighting. To be honest, I am far from a scholar, so I will need to rely on Mythra and others here to determine our actual destination, but I do like the idea of going to the Cogs and watching the Goblins there pretend to be beligerent and tough. It's not the nicest part of town, but it's probably the most entertaining part of town. This mission sounds like great fun to me." Grys says with a big grin.

[sblock=OOC]
Once we wrap up here and the group leaves, Grys will direct them to a spot a short distance away and give Keke 10 minutes or so to spy on the professor. Grys will keep Keke invisible this entire time. Then, we can leave and Keke will auto-teleport to Grys and report on anything that the professor did or said or anyone he met with after we left.
[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
"Excellent, it is settled then. I shall return my attention to more pressing matters, and hope to be seeing you again before long." He rises from his chair for the first time since the meeting began in order to open the door and usher the party out. "Good luck, farewell, and so on..."

The group assemble a little way down the street in order to await Keke's report, which proves sigularly unenlightening. The professor remained alone, and after a brief pause to pour himself a glass of some sort of amber-coloured liqueur, he returned to his desk and settled to his books and papers.

[sblock=OOC]In the interests of keeping the pace up, I've moved things along. If somebody had an important question that they didn't get to ask the Professor, post it in an sblock and we can retcon it.

Meanwhile, you face the task of locating the temple. Farrow has grantd you access to the university's library, but naturally you're also free to pursue other means of enquiry (the less scholarly among you, especially, might prefer to try a different approach). The floor's yours.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Blasted fool does not know the difference between cantrip and catnip. Mythra mutters.

Since I am probably the only one here who can read, you will find me researching at the library. If you will excuse me gentlemen. Mythra says heading down the halls.

[sblock=History=17]
Roll

Not sure if that is the correct skill to find the temple, but Mythra is going some research.[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Too bad we need Mythra to help find where we are going." Grys muses after Mythra heads off to do some research. "Otherwise, we could drop him into a brothel in Khyber's Gate and collect his share of the loot. Probably be the first time he was ever in a brothel and he'd get distracted in there for days. Might come out a changed man."

raion

First Post
"I'm going to see what i can find out about the last group.. Meet down at the bar in Khybers Gate?"

[sblock=ooc]If we don't set up a meeting place, then we're going to have to take turns being useful. Willing to use a different meeting place if there are any objections. Also willing OOC to assume Mythra hears the meeting place, though IC thoughts may differ ;) [/sblock]

[sblock=Investigation]Looking for information and rumors about missing adventurers and ruins in the area we're looking to head. Likely to find lots of information, less likely to find useful info.. so we'll see.
Streetwise (1d20+12=32)[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
You hear faintly a voice coming down from the passageway leading to the library. I heard that, you over-hormonal disgrace to our species! Mythra says to Grys.
[sblock=ooc]
Mythra has a billion intelligence, so I will just assume that he will hypothesis where everyone is meeting :)

Is the bar in Khybers Gate in this town? I'm hazy on Eberron geography.[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Actually, I should probably go help Mythra. He's not as smart as he thinks he is and he might get lost. Let's meet at the ramp down to Khyber's Gate instead of a bar. The bars down there can be a bit rough, so we shouldn't just saunter into one of them one or two at a time." Grys explains and then heads off to go do some research.

When he catches up to Mythra in the library, "Hey look Mythra. I found the same book you did." Grys says all excited.

[sblock=OOC]
History: 17
[/sblock]

OOC: I'm torn on this one. On the one hand, Orsik should be right at home in the library. On the other, fluff and mechanics of the runepriest are not in synch so I really have no skill worth mentioning for the library...therefore:
[sblock=IF PARTY NEEDS PROTECTOR IN KHYBER's GATE]
Orsik looks longingly after two intellectuals, but focuses at the moment on the need to protect these small people that somehow he ended with.

OOC: goes to provide some intimidate factor to rough and tumble neighborhood
no special skill here, aid another maybe?

[/sblock]

[sblock=Default]
Orsik gleefuly follows two smaller scholars and after short orientation period serves as quickener bringing books from high shelves without waiting for ladder to be set. In the meantime he looks for references and reads himself occasionaly sketching few runes on the tables or shelves and then seemingly leaping to conclusions.

Insight (1d20+11=18)
Insight to understand the layout, find intuitively next research topic and generally 'read' librarians, his co-searchers and have intuitive leaps bypassing useless minutiae
[/sblock]

Remove ads