• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)

Orsik looks at the ogre, gauging it's interest. Will it back off if it thinks overmatched or false bravado and posturing will prevail?

"We're not a threat to you" he whispers in giant and repeats in common "but if you want trouble, we'll oblige. Just be ready to handle someone your own size for a change." Orsik grins anticipatorily as he remembers ogre slaves kept in giants keep with which he tumbled while he was just a boy.

True in his current form he's not really bigger, but close enough.
"I like this mission more and more."

Insight (1d20+11=28)

OOC: italics are thoughts.

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=Orsik - Insight]The ogre has a distinct proprietary air, like this is his turf. You're guessing that he's known and respected (or feared) by all the locals, so he's not likely to let himself be faced down in front of them all. He sees the group, with their fine equipment and general air of competency, as a possible challenge to his dominance, and it seems like he might well be determined to make an example of them if they continue to stand up to him.[/sblock]

The ogre gives a horrid grin full of craggy teeth. "You are look lost, kids," he slurs in broken common with a thick Droaamish accent. "Let me help to, uh, straighten, with an advice, yes? In here, I am boss. You make nice at me, make respects, and all is being very nice time, okay? Okay. Why not join me, for drink?"

He waves away his cronies, who hurriedly vacate their chairs, and motions the party into the now empty seats with a gesture of exaggerated politeness. The leering grin never leaves his face. "You are buying."

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=OOC - Map Tokens]By the by guys, I forgot to mention this earlier - if you would like to choose your own character portrait for use as a map token, please include a link to an image with your next post and I'll token-ize it no problem. Otherwise I'll just pick a generic image to use for you.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=OOC - Map Tokens]By the by guys, I forgot to mention this earlier - if you would like to choose your own character portrait for use as a map token, please include a link to an image with your next post and I'll token-ize it no problem. Otherwise I'll just pick a generic image to use for you.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]
I would like to use the generic elf wizard in the PHB1 :)[/sblock]

"How can we help you? There is trouble brewing down under, eh?"

OOC: here it is

Attachments

• Orsik pacifist.jpg
    Orsik pacifist.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

rb780nm

First Post
[sblock=ooc] A generic deva or avenger icon is fine with me[/sblock]

kal'Tarron is not sure what the best course of action here is. He waits for someone to make a move.

Antithetist

First Post
"Trouble?" The ogre's enormous, fleshy face contorts into a scowl. "No! We are having no trouble, like I have say, so long as you are making NICE." He slams the table, glaring at the still-empty seats around it. "I am not very patient man. SIT."

"Sure thing. Good that they make chairs sturdy enough to support you. I can sit without fear of breaking it."

Then lowering his voice so only party and the ogier can here, hidden among creaking of the chair and general background noise
"So what ails you, really? We know about the temple and that something's up. We ARE nice as long as you don't feel the need to stop us.."

[sblock=This will remain unsaid as I feel it too verbose]
We don't care about your leadership here and won't challenge you. BUT. We WILL defend ourselves and YOU don't want to be the one starting it
[/sblock]

OOC: Sorry for changing colors, I'm used to darkOrange and it kind of slips occasionaly.

Antithetist

First Post
"Temple?" the ogre asks, staring in slack-jawed consternation which quickly turns to anger. "Why do you say about temples? What temples? Is stupid? This is bar, stupid. Peoples come here for drink, not praying!"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads