[Adventure] The Paper Chase, Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

Antithetist

First Post
"Quite. Well, hm, if you're all set...?" The professor seems rather eager to get back to work. "Here, when you get to the lightning rail station, show them this." He hands over a crisply folded piece of paper, stamped with his arcane mark and proclaiming the bearer to be in his employ. "They'll charge the tickets to my expense account."

Some time later, after taking their leave of Professor Farrow making any necessary preparations and purchases before travelling, the group reassembles at the lightning rail station. The next coach to Hatheril leaves in twenty minutes, giving them ample time to make their arrangements. The only question is how far to abuse Professor Farrow's expense account; first class tickets are eye-wateringly expensive, and presumably the service is commensurately luxurious.

[sblock=OOC]
OOC: Sorry, somehow I missed the new thread. Mentions really help!

Check. I'm not in the habit of using them, but I probably should be. Speaking of which, [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION]: Reward Post with Mythra's level 5 parcel for approval when you have a moment.[/sblock]

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: In case I forgot to mention it, kal'Tarron has stopped by the local potionorium and picked up a few potions of healing. Not that I don't trust our new bard, I just feel like a little back up, in case he goes charging off in the wrong direction again.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alexia examines the different prices, "Well, it's not like the pricey ones go faster. And Farrow may be more inclined to give us a useful reward if we don't drain his account on needless expenses. Let's just whatever's standard."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Yeah, although miss up thigh bottom here might want to get to the luxurious train." Muzdum says, side looking at Mythra, and laughs at his own joke. He fastens his backpack, signalling his readiness.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Agreed. Grys replies to Alexia. "We can put Mythra in the livestock car where he can complain to them about his accomodations to his heart's content. Might even save the Professor some more money that way. It might be half fare back there." Grys smiles.

rb780nm

First Post
"I think I rode this railway in a cattle car once... I don't know, so much is hidden..." kal'Tarron rubs his scalp with a scarred hand, shifting his skullcap and exposing a little more of his blue hair. "It was unpleasant, crowded... I don't think anyone wanted to reach our destination though..."

OOC: Way to be a downer, kal'Tarron... (sorry, but he's kind of like this, and has a mind of his own sometimes...)

He straightens his clothing and puts the tiredness behind him. "The sooner we get there, the sooner we can solve this mystery. We should take the fastest rail available."

I will take the seats that can hold me. I doubt little people have accomodation for giants. Or minotaurs for that matter. But I'd be glad to be proven wrong, otherwise I just might go into cattle wagon.

Antithetist

First Post
A few quick queries establish that standard class is not really an option for a passenger of Orsik's size to travel comfortably. First class is much more spacious, and should accomodate him easily; alternatively, steerage class features plain communal wooden benches which would also suit him fine (the clerk at the ticket office seems to be debating whether he should pay a double fare, but decides against pressing the point).

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"I think that steerage will do fine for all of us. It'll save some money for the Professor which will keep us in his good graces for future jobs. Also, you meet more interesting people in steerage. Anyone who sticks their nose up at sitting in steerage and wants to up their fare to standard or first class can do so out of their own pocket. But, I don't think that we should be gouging the Professor. We're adventurers. We usually sleep on a stone floor." Grys says.

[sblock=supplies]
Antithetist. I'll be buying some supplies for Gyrs. Just a few healing potions and a couple of other minor items. I'll get the revised character sheet done this weekend.
[/sblock]

Remove ads