[Adventure] The Paper Chase, Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
I will be riding in first class and he will be paying for it. I'm not going to be risking my life for someone who won't acknowledge the value of my abilities. Grys and the dwarf can sleep in the baggage car to save on the price if they wish. Mythra says.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
After Mythra heads off to the first class car, Grys turns to Muzdum and says "Mythra is so easy. When the Professor finds out that he was the only one to fork over the Professor's money for first class, Mythra won't be getting any more new magical doohickies from the Professor. I almost feel sorry setting him up like that again, but it's just so darn funny." Grys laughs.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Alexia winces at Grys's comments, "Actually, the novelty of sleeping in miserable conditions has worn pretty thin for me. I'd much rather spend the night in a bed than on a plank. If there's going to be trouble waiting for us, I'd rather face it well-rested. Besides, Farrow gave us access to his account. Judging by your previous interaction with him, I doubt he really expects constraint."

[sblock=Antithetist]At the risk of derailing the inevitable train encounter, how much do the standard and first-class tickets cost?

Oh, and pun intended.[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
OOC: Thankfully WotC rethought the original mind-boggling lightning rail fares when they released the setting for 4E. ;)

Standard fares won't break the bank - it's 5gp per stop, and Hatheril is only 2 stops (despite apparently being more than a thousand miles away; whatever). So that's 20gp each for a return ticket. Steerage will be 8gp each. First class on the other hand comes with serious extras, and will come to 150g per person.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Alexia winces at Grys's comments, "Actually, the novelty of sleeping in miserable conditions has worn pretty thin for me. I'd much rather spend the night in a bed than on a plank. If there's going to be trouble waiting for us, I'd rather face it well-rested. Besides, Farrow gave us access to his account. Judging by your previous interaction with him, I doubt he really expects constraint."

"Oh, we are definitely all going to do standard class at a minimum on the Professor's silver piece. I only said steerage to Mythra to watch him go off in a huff towards first class and get him in hot water with the Professor if I could. Orisk is limited to first class or steerage, but I'm not going to decide which. I'll let Orsik do that. If you want to go into first class, go ahead. I don't need first class though. My nose doesn't touch the clouds." Grys replies.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Hah! Goo'one elf. Now we are gettin' 'er magical thingies" nudges Muzdum with his elbow.
The dwarf gives Alexia a wink "When yer drunk ye not usually care 'bout where ye fall asleep. I'll go wit Orsik to the steerage if ye want big guy." he pats the giant.

"I'll go in steerage. I'd rather have some money for study and equipment then personal comforts. I don't need a babysitter, Muzdum, but if you want to come, you're welcome. Don't feel like you have to on my behalf. I doubt anyone would dare touch me in there."

OOC: It seems it pays to have two or even four seats of standard for Orsik over first class :)

Antithetist

First Post
The group purchase their tickets, the professor's seal being accepted without any trouble, and make their way down the platform to where the lightning rail is already waiting, spitting the occasional spark, and taking on passengers in readiness for its departure in a quarter of an hour or so.

Mythra chooses splendid isolation in first class, and is greeted by a pretty young blonde girl in the livery of House Orien who welcomes him brightly, checking his ticket briefly and then inviting him to step on board and allow her to show him to his cabin. Grys, Alexia and kal'Tarron, meanwhile, are left to find their own way to one of the standard class coaches and seat themselves, whilst Orsik and Muzdum join the queue of people waiting to cram on board the steerage cars. kal'Tarron, looking down the platform to where they wait, finds unpleasant memories being stirred once again.

[sblock=Alexia, Grys, kal'Tarron, Mythra]As you are preparing to board the rail coach, all of you notice a man in a long coat who seems to be doing a bit of a poor job of blending into the crowd as he steals frequent glances in your direction, seeming discomfited as the group splits up. Eventually he is stopped by one of the House Orien porters, and after a brief exchange of words during which he looks anxiously in your direction, the man allows himself to be led onto one of the standard class cars.[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
If Alexia or kal'Tarron are heading to standard class, Grys will accompany. If both are heading to either of the other two classes, Grys will hang out with Muzdum and Orsik in steerage.

"Kal. See that man in the long coat. He sure seems interested in us. If he continues to express such an interest when we get to our destination, we might just have to do something about it. I'm not too keen on people who stick their noses into my business."

rb780nm

First Post
"It looks like this guy wants to keep track of all of us. At last, Mythra's attitudes have done something useful! Should we just grab him now, or do you want to wait until we reach our stop? We may loose track of him in the station, or he may loose track of us... What is better for us?"

kal'Tarron takes his seat, trying to angle himself so that he can watch their "friend" without being too obvious about it.

OOC: We can grab him if he tries to use the bathroom or something, unless everyone is ok with making a scene on the train. kal'Tarron is for making a scene.

Remove ads