• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: The Power of Knowledge (DM: Fragsie, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Growl takes a moment to recover himself, managing to throw off all the afflictions assaulting him.

The woman shrieks in rage and swings smoky limbs at Andrec and Skalisss, but the two warriors fend off her attacks.

[sblock=Status]
Andrec: 30/37
Skalisss: 27/45
Growl: 25/35+4
Beauty: -70, bloodied, Challenged

Growl is at full hp after Andrec's heal, so the Lay on Hands wasn't expended.

At the start of his turn, Growl takes 10 damage. He'll use Warforged Resolve to gain 4 thp and make a saving throw against the ongoing damage, which he passes. He then shrugs of his other conditions.

Beauty's double attack recharges. There should have been only one roll there, but both were successful, so whatever. She attacks Skalisss and Andrec, missing both, and taking 7 radiant damage.

The desk and statue in D1 grant cover. The broken statue in D7 and E6 is difficult terrain.

Just to confirm, you guys just want to knock her out rather than kill her?[/sblock]

[sblock=Monster Info]
Beauty, stage 2:
AC 18 | Fort 16 | Reflex 14 | Will 17
MBA: +10 vs AC, 1d8+4 damage[/sblock]

Attachments

• Office_r6.jpg
    Office_r6.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 105

JRYoung

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
Yes, let's knock her out. By the way I have Skalisss at 39 hit points +2 temp. He had used healing from his magic armor a few rounds ago. Also note that a given target can only be punnished by the Divine Challenge once, so it has no further effect on the Beauty now.
[/SBLOCK]

Skalisss slaps at the cloud of darkness with the flat of his blade, trying to subdue the Beauty.

"Sssurround her, my friendsss" Skalisss instructs. "We can take her alive."[SBLOCK=Actions]

Move Action: Shift to -A3

Standard Action: Valiant Strike on Beauty

[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Skalisss' Stat Block]
Skalisss- Male Dragonborn Paladin (Natural Humanoid) 4 Character Sheet
L4Wrequest_09.jpg

Initiative: +2 Senses: Normal P-Perception: 14 P-Insight: 19
HP: 39+2 temp/45 SurgeValue: 12 Surges: 11/11
AC:23 Fort:17 Reflex:15 Will:17

Action Points: not used Second Wind: not used
Resist: none Speed:5
Conditions: none
BasicAttack: - "Sunblade", +10 to Hit vs AC, 1d8+6 damage
BasicRangedAttack: - Javelin, +8 to Hit vs AC, 1d6+4 damage, range 10/20

[SBLOCK=Powers]
Valiant Strike
Bolstering Strike
Divine Challenge
Piercing Smite USED
Righteous Smite USED
Dragon Breath
Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle USED
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength USED
Lay on Hands x2
Healing Word
Paladin's Judgement
Sacred Circle
Healing Surge from Dwarven Plate Armor USED
Motes of Light from Sunblade
[/SBLOCK]

[/SBLOCK]

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=JRYoung]Nonlethal combat is actually more simple than that. The person who strikes the killing blow may choose to knock the target unconscious rather than killing them. There are no changes to the die rolls.[/sblock]
[sblock=Error]My character sheet is unavailable. If I still can't load the page tomorrow, I'll try something from memory. [/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
[sblock=JRYoung]Nonlethal combat is actually more simple than that. The person who strikes the killing blow may choose to knock the target unconscious rather than killing them. There are no changes to the die rolls.[/sblock]
[SBLOCK=OOC]Excellent! Since it was a miss I'm not going to update the post, but will get it right next time. Thanks! [/SBLOCK]

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=Access]Character sheet is back, woo![/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]Move to -A,5. Commander's Strike vs. Beauty while flanking.
Skalisss' Melee basic w/ +3 to-hit and +3 damage.[/sblock]

grrr. stupid dice roller

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Divine Challenge]
Also note that a given target can only be punnished by the Divine Challenge once, so it has no further effect on the Beauty now.

A creature can only take damage from Divine Challenge once per round.[/sblock]

Growl lunges forward with his metal claws, tears into the cloud, and drags the woman out from it. She falls to the floor unconscious, and the smoke quickly dissipates. You hear a notable sigh of relief from the ambassador.

[sblock=Status]
Andrec: 30/37
Skalisss: 39/45+2
Growl: 25/35+4
Beauty: -99, Unconscious, Challenged

Growl shifts to his current location and uses Savage Rend, hitting for 13 damage and sliding Beauty to A5. Except that's enough damage to take her out. So, victory is yours! We're no longer tracking initiative.[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
"Praissse Netari!" Skalisss chears as their foe is defeated. "Well done, my friendsss. Now we may get some answersss."

Skalisss turns to the Ambassdor and approaches. "Ambasssador, are you harmed? Let me help you"

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Ambassador Glasston wipes his brow with a handkerchief and smiles, No, I'm fine. Thank you. All they did was threaten me. However, I'd rather not think about what would have happened had you not come along." He folds the cloth into a neat little square and frowns slightly, "Why are you here? Were you following these people? Do you know who they are?" His tone is more of confusion than suspicion.

JRYoung

First Post
"Yesss" Skalisss replies, "we have been sssearching the city for the woman and essspecially her mysssterious Massster. They are the caussse of a number of illnessesss acrosss the city. By sssome dark magic he isss able to sssteal ssstrength, vitality, or even beauty from sssomeone and give it to another. Thisss isss what happened to our friend Mikara, he stole her beauty and gave it to thisss member of his gang."

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
The ambassador furrows his brow in consternation as he looks at the unconscious woman, "I see. I assume that the man you're looking for is this Bruno Allastar she mentioned? The name is familiar, but I can't place it right now." He steadies himself with a hand against his chair, "I'm still a little light-headed from the commotion."

Remove ads