[Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)

Gameforged

First Post
Dalzim enters the room, and his eyes grow considerably with amaze. He hops to grab some of the old tomes Incarnation puts down, once he picked one, the gnome walks to the nearest chair to sit down, not without difficulties.
The hat fly up to let the gnome scratch his head, revealing once again, the yellow shiny orb.

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I'm back. How can we integrate Amicus with a minimum of trouble?

Also, how does Amicus know Riardon? Just as another Eladrin he met at the Imperium Outpost?[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Rurdev

Rurdev from his place in the room, looks curiously at the gnome. "W-W-What is under y-your h-h-h-hat?"

Seeing Incarnation looking over the tomes, he asks quietly, "W-W-What seems to b-b-be our hosts area o-o-of knowledge?"

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=OOC: One possibility]Amicus traveled to the island about two weeks ago... and promptly got fleased for every gold he had with him.

He's now staying at a small temple to Mireva near Astrepius' two story property (abode?), he works there as a sort of night guard in exchange for lodging, then trances during the mid-morning and spends the day wandering the city with his armor and shield.

Astrepius may have met him already and been impressed by him (Cha 17 + diplomacy trained probably means he's fairly likeable) or simply heard about him and come by the temple to ask him to visit.

Thought I'd try to be proactive...[/sblock]

Gameforged

First Post
"Oh you mean this?" The gnomes hat fly over his head agan, but this time turns to a side, and fell to the gnomes hands, revealing an orb of shiny yellow crystal "It's my magical orb. I keep it under my hat to avoid unwanted attention over it. I lost one in a, lets say unfourtunate encounter. Since they are rather expensive I'll like to keep this one longer thent it's precesor." the gnome replies to the shifter. "But we are all buddies now aint we? I can trust a fellow forest neibour." Dalzim winks

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=OOC]@Graf&Erekose: If Amicus has any special knowledges or abilities, that would proof obviously that he would be useful, just post them and Riardon will mention them.[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
Further proof that you should never say to me "tell me about your character"

[sblock=Amicus' characteristics ]Amicus is a bit reticent to discuss the details but you know that he is a young paladin of the family of exceptionally good standing (though he doesn't seem to have the servants associated with it). He was apparently due to join the questos immediately after returning to isolate prime.

[sblock=questos]Are independent enforcers a bit like inquisitors (except more crusading and less torturing people); they are usually tasked by a senator to perform specific missions and are answerable only to that senator (or the senate itself).

In DnD terms they're basically bands of roving adventurers. They lean heavily toward the divine classes, include at least one wizards, and are usually lead by high class Eladrin.[/sblock]

As you'd expect for a younger questos he seems to be of modest demeanor, but quite a canny judge of situations and people (insight & perception +7) and excellent at mediating disputes (diplomacy +10); when he was at the outpost he successfully arranged for a redistribution of some of the living quarters to be more equitable toward the laborers and citizens of lower standing who were trapped when the portal closed.

He was a bit eccentric though; carrying a common legionnaire's spear instead of a longsword (a more typical weapon for his station); avoiding drink and companionship with others in favor of exploring the dwarven town and so forth.

He refused an offer of a permanent position from the governor Consensco and traveled to the main island a few weeks ago.
[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: Apologies for the delay, apparently I broke my own rules in the first week... With a con this weekend and as a vendor things have been rough getting ready.

As the party gets comfortable or at least puts up with the heavy air, the old sage slowly trundles off towards the back of the small house. Looking around the sitting room, Incarnation realizes that many of the top books are historical in nature. In particular there are some scholarly treatises on the early history of the Imperium. Other books in neat piles bear names such as "The Exophysiology of Slivers" or "Distortions and Hallucinations, a study on the Deep". Which for the most part do not ring a bell with Incarnation.

[sblock=Graf & WD]I had been thinking that your two characters would be friends or at least acquaintances. When Riardon is faced with this mystery he would offer to seek out his friend Amicus who would have an interest in the strange occurrences. We need to speed that up a bit so that Graf can get in here earlier. How about running a seperate sblocked conversation about what Amicus is up to now? And linking that in.[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
[sblock=Ere13, WD]Perhaps Amicus sought out Riardon to hear why he left the military and shared with him (some) of his concerns about serving the Imperium directly.

Riardon talked about his own experiences, a bit, and they bonded! (keep it simple right?)

Amicus sent him a letter a week or so ago saying he was staying at the Temple of Open Hands, Eyes and Minds; which is a temple that adheres to heretical (if harmless) religious sect connected with Palladys.

Amicus mentioned the strange temple building, dominated by an unusual statue and Riardon noted the same building on his way here. Sure enough his friend was just coming back from a walk (what a coincidence!) and Amicus, joined the group.

Too much of a stretch?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Graf & WD]Simple and straightforward with minimal retconning. I like it. Lets get that in there right now.[/sblock]

Tiniest bit of retconning:

As the party enters the old sage's house Riardon hears his name being called from down the street. The old man has already extended his invitation to the others to sit for a moment and Riardon is the last in line to move into the house. Down the street he sees Amicus whom he had met a few weeks earlier.

Amicus makes his entrance here but has yet to be introduced to Astrepius who is off making tea.

Remove ads