Adventure Time Book For D&D?

I wonder what this is about. https://twitter.com/ChrisPerkinsDnD/status/590711704616620034 I am crazy hoping Wizards is bringing Pendleton in to advise on a new Gamma-Worldish setting.

Harry Dresden

First Post
I'm not a fan of Chris Perkins or his "silliness" style so I'm worried about this "Alice in Wonderland" setting.

D&D doesn't seem to be the best fit for that type of setting. Sounds like Changling would be a better fit. I wonder if he is trying to catch the whole Beetlejuice, American Mcgee Alice, type of game.

I honestly think it makes the MOST sense. Though he could just be consulting on an AP, if you HAVE one of the coolest dudes in cartoons up to your workplace, why would you NOT ask him what it would take for him to make a cartoon about what you work on? :)

I might just be getting myself psyched up for no reason though. :)

There might even be a perfect storm brewing, where Hasbro would LOVE to get Ward on it because of his other successful shows, but also where (if all the D&D references in his shows actually mean anything) Ward himself would jump at the chance to do the official D&D show because he's a longtime fan.

Bah. We're straying into too good to be true territory. Time to un-psych myself up while I still can. :p

(I've actually never seen Adventure Time, though it's been on my list... I love Bravest Warriors, though, so whatever they want Pendleton to do with D&D I am more than excited for.)

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
I hadn't heard of it either, but apparently it's a kids' US cartoon series based in a post-apocalypic world and starring a couple of kids and a magic dog, and is very popular.

Its popular, and even has adult fans. It would be a perfect fit for a more whimsical, light hearted adventure style.

Down with the Ice King!

casterblaster

First Post
I remember Regular Show had an episode where they bought a RPG game and got sucked into the world the game was set in. I always thought that was cool.

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
Don't really care for Adventure Time. Pretty impressed by Bravest Warriors, though.

New D&D cartoon super extra mega go.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Adventure time?

It's worth dredging up an episode. It's on a network here that hates easy distribution with the fiery passion of a million suns, apparently, but this does make it popular in the more...legally grey areas of the intertubes. I dunno if YouTube were you're at might have some clips, and the clips might give you a sense of tone, but absorbing an episode is probably better.

It's whimsical and silly most of the time ("Princess Bubblegum is ruler of the Candy Kingdom in the Land of Oo" sets the tone nicely!), but solid fantasy stuff with hidden depths, and it's really about characters and relationships.

Remove ads

Remove ads