(Adventure) Tracking Down Sullivan (Knight Otu Judging)

Vargo

First Post
After making arrangements to meet with the rest of the party, Vargo and his wolf meet up with the rest of the group at the eastern gate at dusk.

As a means of introduction, Vargo gives the group a brief overview of his skills. "I am a negotiator, a tracker, a finder of ways. My body may be frail, but my eyes are sharp for any ambush that may find us. I am a friend of nature, who can twist the very plants themselves to bind our foes, or our prey. I hope my skills will prove useful to you. So that I may know how we may best fit together, please, tell me of yourselves and your own abilities..."

"Also, any information about this Sullivan character we are tracking - where is he headed, has he been wounded in a leg, what kind of shoes he is wearing, any companions he might have, is he mounted - that kind of thing."

With that, Vargo waits for the others to speak.

DarkMaster

First Post
"I am a simple man looking for actions, not very skilled with words but dangerous with my chain, I live for fighting and hope I can help you with that"

Swift listen carefully at Vargo's question and the answers the group will provide.

Dungannon

First Post
After arriving at the East Gate, and introducing the newcomers to Gur, Devlin tries his best to provide satisfactory information to Vargo and Swift.

"Hopefully your wilderness skills won't be necessary, Vargo. We hope to catch Sullivan while he is still in Orussus.

He is an older man, not very physically imposing. But he does seem to have access to money which he has shown a willingness to use to purchase thugs and mercenaries to do his dirty work.

I haven't heard either of you bring it up, but it seems only fair to discuss your compensation. If we are able to find Sullivan and collect the money owed to us, we would be willing to give you..."
Devlin gives a sideways glance to Silvercat, "500 gold crowns. Plus a share of any incidental treasure we acquire, of course." This last is said with a friendly smile on Devlin's face that almost reaches his eyes.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Listening to the introductions and explainations of the skills and abilities of the two men, Silvercat nods satisfactorily. After Devlin has mentioned a price, the elf adds 'The fee to be paid only if we collect from Sullivan, as we are a bit short of funds at the moment, seeing as that villain stiffed us of our fee. I find the offer acceptable, however, and do gladly bind my word to it. Gentlemen, do we have a bargain?'

Silvercat holds his hand forth in expectation of exchanging grips as the humans seem wont to do. Back in Rivenblight it would be an exchange of written Contracts, but things were different here.

Creamsteak

Explorer
"You city folk and your coins... if it wasn't so necessary, I wouldn't bother with the stuff." The tight faced leathery (and now nearly bearded) youngster looks at the two new followers...

"I'm a woodsman. Trained to do so by my uncles since the day I was born. No... before that! They were teaching me about the woods when I was still in my mother. Originally, we were going to investigate some aweful ruins deep in the earth. I've got mixed feelings about that place, but the mechanations we encountered were not meant for regular men like us! Sullivan was screwin around down there, and our friend Gregorian who's gone missing called him on it. I'm not sure where that flap-top went, but he has some of the better bits of Sullivan's stuff. What I'm afraid of is what the hell could be so important to stiff us and kill us over it..."

Gur pauses again, thinking about what's ahead.

--- DM Voice: It's not supposed to happen that you end up DMNPCing your own character in LEW, but Gur's been caught in this mess since the whole thing started. Eventually I hope to get him under a new DM, but it seems that he has no reason to leave yet. I think he's basically been grandfathered in, and trust me when I say that I won't pull punches. This group nearly was wiped out a while back. ---

"So, are we prepared then? I bought a few 'extra' rations just in case the lands dim for food as it likely is this time of year. Are we taking the main road, or do we need to take a less traveled path?"

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Gur looks at Devlin with a squint in his face.....

"Quickest? Um... quickest..."

He ponders for five minutes or so, mumbling the word and rolling it with his tongue...

"Alright, you two. Vargo. Swift. There might be people looking for us on the main road. But they don't know you all... maybe you two could be our faces if anyone tries to confront us on the road? If your willing I mean... and just at first. I'm worried that maybe someone will spot us if we take the main road, but it's definitely faster as long as we don't get jumped..."

Remove ads