• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

renau1g

First Post
Valahad looks at the carnage around him, and seeing the defenseless being attacked, the paladin moves forward pulling his blade from it's sheathe. "Attack somebod that can defend themselves!" the kalashtar says in the mind of the mace wielder.

Lanharath sprints as fast as he can toward the ruckus, he comes out of an alleyway between two buildings just to the east of the camp. Bolting past "Perky", Lanharath will try to size up the murderous warriors so that he can look for any who are "important".

[sblock=Lan]
The Staff Man seems to be leading this group
[/sblock]

[sblock=Pok/Lan]
Pok is slower than Lanharath at jumping into the scene, instead taking up a position in the same alleyway that the kalashter just left, his gnomish form barely visible in the shadows.

OOC - you're at N15 on the map. Just need a stealth check from Pok
[/sblock]

The man in the staff looks at the armed men in the area and calls out to his allies, "Teach these heroes what the price of meddling in Khyber's plans are!" as he points his staff at Lanharath and a dark purple arrow flies from the tip and slams into the kalashter's chest.

The halberd wielders move into a defensive position around the staff wielder.

The Mace wielders quickly pull daggers out and fire them at Valahad, the first is easily dodged by the paladin, but the second projectile flies just above his shield and draws a minor wound.

[sblock=OOC]
*Lan & Valahad move into positions (sorry about the coordinates last map.)

Lan is hit for 10 by a missile of force from the staff man.

Valahad is missed by a dagger and hit by one for 7
Vs REf (Lan); dmg (1d20+7=26, 2d4+4=10)
vs ac; damage (1d20+9=11, 1d4+3=5, 1d20+9=24, 1d4+3=7)

Initiative:
Valahad - 21 - 39/46
Lanharath - 20 - 33/43
Pok - 19 - 32/32
Baddies - 13
River - 11 <- you're up - 41/41
Gorlin - 9 - 41/41

Illumination: The staff wielder carries a sunrod (bright light out to 20 squares).
Tents: Tents can be opened from any side. One tent wall provides cover; two provide superior cover.
Fallen Tent: This heap of canvas is difficult terrain.
Buildings: Shops and houses are blocking terrain.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Unable to see his opponents, River decide to regroup and get a better line of sight before he have to enter into combat.

OOC: Move to M11 with 2 Move actions

Leif

Adventurer
Gorlin Harlox

Gorlin moves to K12 and takes in all that is going on, as much as he can. (OOC: Still trying to figure out precisely what's going on...)

[sblock=Stat Block, Gorlin Harlox]
Gorlin Harlox
Dwarf Cleric 4 of The sovereign Host (But evidently he thinks he's a fighter)
HP 41/41
Bloodied: 20, Healing Surge Value: 10
Healing Surges per Day = 9/9
Str 17 (+3)
Con 15 (+1)
Dex 12
Int 10
Wis 17 (+3)
Cha 11
Feats:
Armor Proficiency (Scale) (1st)
Weapon Proficiency (bastard sword)(2nd)
Armor Proficiency (Plate) (4th)

Skills:
Dungeoneering (+3 trained, +2 racial)
Endurance (+3 trained, +2 racial)
Insight (+3 trained)

At Will Powers:
Priest’s Shield 1 (PH 63)
Righteous Brand 1 (PH 63)

Encounter Powers:
Numinous Shield 1 (Divine Power 31)
Light of Arvandor 3 (Divine Power 33)

Daily Powers:
Avenging Flame 1 (PH 64)

Utility Powers:
Cure Light Wounds 2 (PH 64) (Daily)

Gorlin is a member of the Dragonmarked House Kundarak (warding), but he has not manifested a Dragonmark yet.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Pok comes up short, but unfortunately, he notices everyone looking where the kalashtar had just exited. Ducking quickly into the shadows, the little gnome clutches his wand, hoping to surprise anyone who would make themselves enemies of the group.

So far, that included the five with weapons drawn.

[sblock=OOC]

23 Stealth

We reached a milestone after that last encounter, correct?

[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=Renau]With my overhaul, I took toughness instead of durable. See my statblock below. Thanks![/sblock]

Valahad moves around the tent. Seeing one of his enemies before him, he calls out in it's mind, "Fall Khyber worshipper!" The nearby enemies focus on him. Valahad charges forward, swinging his blade towards the mace wielder.

[sblock=Actions]Move to N6. Use Call of Challenge(mace wielder1 and halberd wielder1 are subject to my divine sanction, 7 radiant damage the first time it attacks a target other than me. Last until the end of my next turn.) Charge mace wielder1 with Valorous Strike: valorous strike mw1 (1d20+11=16, 1d8+5=8) On a hit I gain a +2 to saves and the target gains vulnurable 3 to radiant damage.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Valahad
Passive Perception: 16 Passive Insight: 27
HP: 44/51 Surge: 11/11(12)
AC: 23 F: 15 R: 16 W: 18
AP: 1
Valorous Strike
Enfeebling Strike
Ardent Strike****
Valorous Smite
Righteous Smite
Oath of Enmity
Divine Mettle
Bastion of Mental Clarity
Call of Challenge
Acidic Longsword
Majestic Halo
Dwarven Plate
Acidic Longsword
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Just as a note, Lanharath is wearing a brooch of shielding, which gives him resist 10 force. Did the magic missile deal Lanharath 20 damage (thus he took 10) or should the damage have been negated? [/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=ooc to renau1g] I just submitted my character for approval for his overhaul. Do you want me to wait until after this battle to use him as he is after the overhaul, or, since Lanharath has not yet done anything in this battle, is it okay if I use him as he is post-overhaul? Here's a link to his sheet post-overhaul (but without approvals). Lemme know, thanks! Lanharath d'Medani
[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads