[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Once all victims will be gathered and taken care of, River would start to asks those people what happen exactly, where those cultist came from, why people are refugee, what have brought them there...[/SBLOCK]

renau1g

First Post
As the group is searching around, another group approaches and Valahad notices something on one of the bodies.

[sblock=Valahad]
As you are searching the bodies, one of the men was wearing armbands that are made of iron, you sense that these are special, although you don't comprehend exactly why
[/sblock]

The newcomers are all well-armed, carrying themselves with a military demeanor and wearing symbols of the Silver Flame on their chest. The woman at the front is familiar to Pok, having seen her at the church. They fan out to treat the injured, aided by River, although their distaste towards the shifter is obvious. Once the injured are tended to, the woman approaches the group, her companions eying River warily.

"Well met, and thank you for a timely intervention. We'd heard rumours of these cultists, but didn't think they were this close. If you hadn't aided them we might've arrived too late. I am Emesha, servant of the Silver Flame." she says.

Gorlin speaks up, "I am Gorlin Harlox, follower of Dol Dorn and the Sovereign Host. I've been tracking these butchers for three days now. I was sent by my order to aid the Flamists in this matter. They are cultists of The Dragon Below, as you can probably guess. They have been spreading around this area like a plague. They seek to convert isolated settlements to their twisted beliefs and meting out steel and death for those that don't follow" the dwarf adds angrily

"Well, yes, perhaps we should discuss this eve master dwarf" Emesha replies, then turns to the others "Friends, I would speak with you. It concerns a matter of some importance. " she finishes.

[sblock=OOC]
Can everyone update their wishlist please?
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Listening to Gorlin and Emesha, Lanharath walks over to the bracers that were found and places his hand on on his chest, activating his dragonmark. His eyes gloss over and his vision blurs everything in the material realm, giving focus to anything with an arcane signature. Lanharath's dragonmark burns hotly and everything around him (within 9 squares) reveals its arcane signatures.

[sblock=Arcane Perception] Lanharath scores a very sweet 37 on his perception check to detect each source of magic within 9 squares of him. For all items that I have a:

Success: Lanharath detects each source of magical energy whose DC he meets. He learns the magic's power source, if any. If the source of magical energy is within line of sight, he pinpoints its location. If it is not within line of sight, he knows the direction from which the magical energy emanates, but he doesn't know the distance to it.

Failure: Lanharath either detects nothing, or there was nothing in range to detect. He cannot try again in this area until after an extended rest.

Unfortunately, I do not believe this allows me to determine WHAT an item is (I have never really understood exactly what the extent of this ability is... it just says that I can detect magic like the trained arcana skill, but use perception instead).

[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"We are here to find out what is happening here. The Flamist in shard had news from here, but quite incomplete and feared for there members. So what do you know about the cult activity?"

[SBLOCK=OOC]I suggest to gives the item to Lan for the moment. If the are what I think, it will be him who will most profit form it.

No wish list for my characters. I prefer to go with the judgment of my DM. As long as the items doesn't goes against my character concept (like a Holy Symbol of Battle), I'll be happy. I've found that the items that have come usefull are generally the items I wasn't expecting.

You should have seen what use I have done with a Hat of Disguise and a Rod of Immovability during the career of Rinaldo, my 11th Rogue/Trader LEW character. Two items I never asked for.[/SBLOCK]

renau1g

First Post
Listening to Gorlin and Emesha, Lanharath walks over to the bracers that were found and places his hand on on his chest, activating his dragonmark. His eyes gloss over and his vision blurs everything in the material realm, giving focus to anything with an arcane signature. Lanharath's dragonmark burns hotly and everything around him (within 9 squares) reveals its arcane signatures.

[sblock=Arcane Perception] Lanharath scores a very sweet 37 on his perception check to detect each source of magic within 9 squares of him. For all items that I have a:

Success: Lanharath detects each source of magical energy whose DC he meets. He learns the magic's power source, if any. If the source of magical energy is within line of sight, he pinpoints its location. If it is not within line of sight, he knows the direction from which the magical energy emanates, but he doesn't know the distance to it.

Failure: Lanharath either detects nothing, or there was nothing in range to detect. He cannot try again in this area until after an extended rest.

Unfortunately, I do not believe this allows me to determine WHAT an item is (I have never really understood exactly what the extent of this ability is... it just says that I can detect magic like the trained arcana skill, but use perception instead).

[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Not sure either, but I'll roll with it (saves from having to wait for Pok to post what wouldn't be a value-added roll)

They are Iron Arm Bands of Power (straight from Valahad's Wish list)
[/sblock]

"We are here to find out what is happening here. The Flamist in shard had news from here, but quite incomplete and feared for there members. So what do you know about the cult activity?"

"We cannot discuss these matters out here, please let us adjourn to the church where we might have some privacy." Emesha replies, gesturing to the growing crowd around you.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Those armband are just no brainers to every melee character. A bit broken for my opinion, but as it is an ally who has it, I won't complain ;) [/SBLOCK]

"Ok, let's finish to tend to the wounded and let's go talk to the church." replies River.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Yeah I'm not a huge fan either (but there really isn't much else available at lvl 6 besides the generic main 3 items, i.e. amulet of protection +2), that just means that I can make the future encounters more difficult :devil:
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Lanharath switches his vision back to the normal spectrum having noted all of the magical fields in the area (Were there any others besides the bracers?) and looks over to his companion. Walking over to Valahad, he hands him the bracers and clasps his brethren by the arm.

"We think you would do well to wear these bracers, friend. The magic that imbues these wrist guards will add an extra oomph to your already impressive sword swing. May they serve us well by serving you best."

CaBaNa

First Post
Immediately flipping his hood up, after realizing the battle was over, Perky moved to stand almost underneath Lanharath. *Don't trust them, the Sacred Flame Daunton, hasn't been able to communicate with the Flamists here. These people seem to have no trouble chatting, unless this problem is much more severe than we thought, something is amiss.*

Perky continues to hover below Lanharath, carefully scrutinizing the conveniently late Flamists, and the scene of the battle. The little gnome knew enough about illusion, to understand that the obvious was rarely reality, and reality was rarely visible.
[sblock=OOC]
21 perception
15 insight

Perception, followed by Insight, to assess the battle, and evidence after. Also carefully scrutinizing the conveniently late Flamists.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
Taking in the gnomes words with a scrunched brow, Lanharath confers with Valahad.

"What do your instincts tell you about these Flamists? Does any part of what they have said strike you as untruthful or deceptive? He may be paranoid, but "Perky" here seems to think that their late arrival is a little too coincidental. Could you question them a little?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads