• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velmont

First Post
Remembering stories of what have happen to many of his ancestor because of the Flame and his hatred of the lycanthrope. How many of his family have been killed, how his parents have exiled themselves to Cyre in hope of a better life. What would have happen if the Flame would have offered them to join them instead of simply killing them. He liked the gnome question, and didn't expect anything else than the priestess reaction, so he decided to stay quiet on that.

renau1g

First Post
"I wonder if you've ever had any dealings with those a follower of Khyber. I can tell you that the Flame has, each time the cultists are different, but they all share a few commonalities. Some wish to help bring about another age of darkness, such as the initial Xoriat incursion*, other wish to battle the Gatekeepers for their role in stopping the daelkyrs, others wish for power, believing that Khyber will grant them control of those around them, and others still wish to join their dark lords in Draaka'tarn. Regardless of their motives, they are sociopathic, mentally unstable, unpredictable and dangerous" Emesha adds

[sblock=History DC 15]
* Thousands of years ago, armies from Xoriat, the plane of madness, poured onto Khorvaire. Iliithids and beholders were led by the daelkyr, who twisted their captives. The hobgoblins became dolgaunts, halflings into chokers, and goblins into dolgrims. If not for the Gatekeeper druids severing the connection to that plane, and subsequent successful battles with the daelkyr, Khorvaire would've likely been overrun.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Arcana DC 15]
Draaka'tarn is a mythical promised land deep below the surface, but it requires the path to be made with blood of innocents
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Perky hears the shock in Emesha's voice, and then silently allows her to finish condescending to him. He stands tall, and finally drops his hood. Looking up so he could attempt eye-contact, he began First, My apologies for the original deception, my true identity is Pok d'Sivis. He watches the reaction in Emesha, gauging his next words carefully. Fortunately my dealings with Khyber cultists, and the Silver Flame, have been limited to this foray. However I've learned this much from study, the Silver Flame wants to bring about an age of light, and the path requires the destruction of evil. Much like Khyber cultists wish to bring about an age of darknes, and the path requires the destruction of good. A difference in the two being, the Khyber cult offers recruitment before killing, and this chapter of the Silver Flame does not... Pok continues, However, The Church of The Silver Flame, has filed the proper paperwork for operation with my house, and these cultists have not. The cultists also did not file an official conflict form, or notification of war, before assaulting the refugee camp. Which I trust has been properly filed? The rhetorical question hangs for a moment, before Pok continues I'll help to retrieve your people, but will not kill anyone. I am no destroyer of good, or evil.
*Something isn't right about these Flamists, their story is clean, and they don't seem to be lying. But I still don't trust them. *

[sblock=OOC]

9 History
18 Arcana
(I put a 7 modifier in the roll instead of a 14 for the arcana check... sorry for any confusion.)

Pok is out of disguise now, but hasn't turned off his I don't trust people sensor.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
"Excellent. One last thing, Our last contact with Jaryn was a sending ritual six months ago that placed him deep in the borderlands at the head of a trail he called the Black March. We have had no further word. We assume that is somewhere in the Shadow Marches" Emesha says, drawing out a rough map of where Jaryn was expected to lead his band. The path follows the river north, to the town of Ringbriar, then south of the Graywall Mountains, and through southern Droaam, wishing to avoid the large settlements of Graywall or the Great Crag. It continued to the Shadow Marches, where Jaryn expected to be able to find out more details about the location of the cult and their leaders.

"Do you require anything else from me?" she asks.

Velmont

First Post
"I don't think so, unless my companions have something in mind that I might not think." replies River.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Ready to move things fowards.[/SBLOCK]

renau1g

First Post
"Oh, I forgot to mention that we'll outfit you with rations for the journey, enough for 1 month of travel, I hope it doesn't take that long, but better to be prepared. " she adds

CaBaNa

First Post
*Ready.* Pok flips his hood back up, and begins backing toward the door, hoping to slip out without having to say any pleasantries.

[sblock=OOC]

FYI when the IC text doesn't specifically describe who Pok is thinking at, he is just thinking in general, and both Val, and Lan, may be able to pick it up. Felt that a bit of explicit permission to peek in Pok's mind was in order.

[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads