[Adventure]: Turning the Tide (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

dimsdale

First Post
The hound gets pounded again by the the heros. However, those in close burn from the acidic fog emitting from the beast. It's black eyes look in on Ignus. With cat-like reflexes, the beast chomps down hard on the monk, causing Ignus great pain. Strange gurgling sounds deep with inside the beast make everyone away that a breath attack is coming soon if the beast is not taken down this soon.

GM: 1d6 acid damage at the beginning of Merri, Ignus and Graven's turn due to acid aura

[sblock=mechanics]
Heros Turn
Eva: hit hound for 11 and hound is dazed tent
Ignus: takes 6 damage from aura, hits 25 damage
Merri: takes 4 acid damage, hit's hound for 13 and gains 4 thp
Graven: miss and takes 1d6 = 5 (not added in last post

Total Damage to Enemy:
Acid Hound: 49 damage and dazed

Baddies turn:
Acid Hound:
m Bite (standard; at-will)✦ Acid
+10 vs. AC; 1d8 + 2 plus 1d8 acid damage vs Ignus AC: Hit (27) for 13 -5 temp = 8
roll lookup

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Palyers
Eva:
AC:18, Fort:14, Reflex:17, Will:15 -- Speed:7
HP:35/42 THP: 0 Surges left: 8/8 AP: 1

Ignus bloodied
AC: 17, Fort: 14, Reflex: 15, Will: 12
HP:9/33 THP 0 10/10 Action Points: 1

Merri: Bloodied
[/URL]AC 18 For: 15 Ref: 16 Will: 18
HP: 16/34 Temp Surges/day: 2/2 AP: 1

Graven:
AC: 18, For: 15 Ref: 15 Will: 14
+2 saves against ongoing damage
HP: 20/40 THP: 10 Surges 11/11 AP: 1

Enemies
G1: DEAD
G2: DEAD
G3: DEAD
G4: DEAD
G5: DEAD
GC1: DEAD
H1: 21/96 and dazed tent bloodied
[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemies]
Enemies:
Dragonborn Guard (Minions):
HP 1
Attack:
Short sword: 1d20+8 vs AC Damage: 6
Bow: Range 10 1d20+7 vs AC Damage 6

Dragonborn Guard Captain:
HP 63; Bloodied 31; see also dragonborn fury
AC 20; Fortitude 18, Refl ex 16, Will 15
Speed 5
mLongsword (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+10 vs. AC (+11 while bloodied); 1d8 + 3 damage.

C Dragon Breath (minor; encounter) ✦ Cold
Close blast 3; +6 vs. Refl ex (+7 while bloodied); 1d6 + 2 cold
damage.

Dragonborn Fury (only while bloodied)
A dragonborn gains a +1 racial bonus to attack rolls.

Impetuous Spirit (immediate reaction, when an enemy leaves an
adjacent square; at-will) ✦ Weapon
The dragonborn soldier makes a melee basic attack against the
enemy, even if the enemy is shifting.

Martial Recovery (free, when the dragonborn soldier misses with
a melee attack; recharges when the soldier uses impetuous spirit)
✦ Weapon
The dragonborn soldier makes another melee attack against the
same target.

Acid Hound
Initiative +5
Acid Shield (Acid) aura 1; any creature that enters or begins its turn in the aura takes 1d6 acid damage.
HP 96;Bloodied 48
AC 20; Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 18
Resist 20 Acid
Speed 7

C Acid Breath (standard; recharge 4, 5 or 6 ✦ Acid
Close blast 3; +9 vs. Reflex; 2d6 + 3 Acid damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
map
[/sblock]

GM: check your hp everyone. I might have made math errors there

Last edited:

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC:
GM: check your hp everyone. I might have made math errors there

You STILL are ignoring my temp hp. As I said in my last post, I had 10 temp hp, was at 40 normal hp. Got hit for 15, should have left me at 35 normal hp, 0 temp. Another 5 drops me to 30 hp. You still show me at 20 hp with 10 temp hp.

Dekana

Explorer
Eva aims her staff at the body of the guard that she (unintentionally) killed with a color spray, and he suddenly springs to unlife! The zombie-guard moans loudly, grasps upward onto the acid hound, and then bites deeply into its soft belly.

"UnnGGGHHHH!!"

[sblock=Eva actions / stats]Standard: Restless Dead vs Acid Hound hits Reflex 30 for 16 damage, it can't shift UENT Eva, and Eva gains 2 THP. I have 14 damage in the roll, but the dog is bloodied, so Eva gets a +2 damage bonus. (1d20+9+2=30; 1d8+6=14)

PC:Eva (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Female Elf Mage 4
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 12
AC:19, Fort:17, Reflex:20, Will:18 -- Speed:7
HP:35+2/42, Bloodied:21, Surge Value:10, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +3
Action Points: 1

Conditions

Powers
Disrupt Undead, Ghost Sound, Hypnotism, Restless Dead, Magic Missile
Color Orb, Color Spray, Darkening Flame, Elven Accuracy, Second Wind, Shield, Spook
Summon Dretch

[sblock=spellbook]Encounter (2): Color Spray (3), Cordon of Bones (3), Darkening Flame (1), Ray of Enfeeblement (1)
Daily (1): Spirit Rend (1), Summon Dretch (1)
Utility (1): Shield (2), Summon Shadow Serpent (2)[/sblock]Notes: +2 damage rolls vs bloodied targets[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
"Alright Eva!" shouts Merri, "Great job! We have got this slimy critter now! Come on Ignus, do the flying-punchy thing!"

Despite the banter, Ignus can't help but feel bolstered by her enthusiasm and emotional energy.

Merri then reaches out and pulls some of the acid hounds essence, strengthening herself in the process.

[sblock=Actions]
Start: Take 2 acid damage, less 3 due to DR and she takes no damage!

Enduring Soul: Merri regenerates 4 hit points.

Minor: Ardent Surge for Ignus: Heals for surge plus 2.

Standard: Taste of Life vs. acid hound (dazed): 1d20+5+2, 1d8+8 → ([18, 5, 2], [7, 8]) Hit! Merri will also use Blood Drinker for 2 more damage. Merri gains 6 THP.

Also, Merri still has DR3 vs. the acid hound TENT.

Total damage: 17 and Ignus heals for 10.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Merri's mini-stats]Merri- Female Human Hybrid Ardent/Vampire 3

Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12

AC 18 For: 15 Ref: 16 Will: 18

HP: 20/34 THP: 6 Bloodied: 17 Surge value: 8 Surges/day: 3/2

Speed: 6 squares, Languages: Common, Elven
Action Point: 1
Power Points: 2

Powers:
Energizing Strike, Ire Strike, Taste of Life
Surefooted Stride, Ardent Surge, Second Wind, Sympathetic Agony, Blood Drinker
Lingering Fury, Brooch of Shielding, Onyx Dog

Notable Effects:
Resist Force 10. Vulnerable Radiant 5
Allies within 5 squares get +2 to Diplomacy, Intimidate and +1 to OA damage rolls.
Gains regeneration 4 if bloodied.
Merri has DR3 vs. enemies she hits w/ ki focus. [/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
OOC: I think it is dead already? But here is my turn just in case.

As the hound bites Ignus, he forces the creature to over extend opening it up to a vicious counter attack as Ignus' fist becomes rigid as a claw to leave the beast reeling.

[sblock=Combat]
Immediate Reaction to Acid Hound's Attack: Reed in the Wind (The hound grants CA until EoNT to Ignus, and he gains 4 THP)
Pre-turn: Heal for 10 HP
Start of Turn: Acid Shield (1d6=6)
Move: Lion's Den (No shift, but +1 defenses)
Minor:
Standard: Lion's Den (1d20+8=27, 1d6+5=10)
Free: Flurry of Blows - 7 Damage, and target cannot shift until the start of Ignus' next turn.
Action Point:

Total damage: 17

Lion's Den Effects:
On hit: Free action, deal 3 damage to any enemy that enters a square adjacent to Ignus
On move: Ignus gains +1 power bonus to all defenses until the SoNT (not factored in below)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Ignus – Male Kobold Monk 2
Initiative: +5, Speed: 6 Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 21, Fort: 15, Reflex: 16, Will: 13
HP: 17/33, Bloodied: 16 , Surge Value: 8, Surges Left: 9/10

Action Points: 0

OA Basic Melee Attack: +6 Melee Basic Attack (Monk Unarmed Strike) 1d8+2 Damage

Powers At-Will Powers:Lion's Den, Steel Wind

Encounter Powers: Stinging Nettles, Shadow Step, Reed in the Wind, Hellfire Touch, Shifty Maneuver, Second Wind

Daily Powers: Lashing Rain
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=DM notes: Please Ignore]
The giant beast collapses to the ground in a pool of corrosive acid/blood. As you make your way around the beast to the other passageway you hear many voices speaking in draconic tongue. As you are about to peer around the corner you hear a thunderous roar that vibrates the mountain. You deduce that something large and powerful produced it. The tone of the conversation around the corner changes. Orders are given by the one in charge, who you recognize the voice to be the messenger you heard earlier. The halfing peers around the

[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
The giant beast collapses to the ground in a pool of corrosive acid/blood. As you make your way around the beast to the other passageway you hear many voices speaking in draconic tongue. As the monk peer around the corner everyone hears a thunderous roar that resonates throughout the mountain. Rocks dislodge from the ceiling behind you causing a massive cave in, effectively blocking the way you came.

GM: It is clear to you that the beast you saw earlier as you traveled through the mountain is the source of the roar. Its shear power leaves a lasting impression on you. Save vs Fear: Failure yields -2 to future attack rolls (save ends). You must attack first before you can roll the first save attempt. If you save vs fear there is no attack penalty.

Ignus observes what happens next...

[sblock=Ignus eyes only]
At first you see the messenger (who tried to make contact with the necromancer you killed at the wizards tower) organizing another group of soldiers to attack you. However, after the roar, the messenger orders the large group to move out of a cave entrance. You deduce that they have been ordered to assist the massive black dragon. Only two remain in the room: the messenger and a large dragonborn brute which you presume is a bodyguard of some sort. They are both staring in the direction of the departing hoard

map
[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
Ignus shudders at the roar, but quickly shakes off his fear. He creeps up to the corner and peeks around the corner before relaying what he sees to the group, "Dey is sometin goin' on, dey sent a big group of guys out of da cave. I tink dere is jus da two left in dere now. Ain't nidder of um looking at us, jus a big dragornborn and da messenger from da tower."
Save Vs. Fear (1d20=19)

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: I'm not sure if we get a save now or later, but I'll roll now

Merri's confidence rolls off her in palpable waves, "Let's take out the bad guys before the other ones come back!"

Remove ads