• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventures Across Khorvaire - Chapter 1: Reflections

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Se'ket, female human druid

Mista Collins said:
Looking at the papers, he hands them back to Se'ket and begins to flip through the book in front of him. "Murders? To be honest there haven't been too many murders lately." He says flipping through the pages of his log, obviously trying to find something. "I have a few murders here, tied to muggings. It seems some of the victims didn't survive the attacks. Would that help?"

Not waiting for the answer he continues to flip through some of the pages. "Not many murders reported. Do have some strange things in here though, but only a few murders."
Se'ket's furrows her brow briefly at the man's words.

"Strange things? What things? The murder we are investigating had several unusual components. And possibly the muggings could be tied to our case, at this point we can rule little out," she says in open inquiry. She raises an eyebrow to Sven to see if he has anything further too add. "I prefer to be thorough. It may be that those others that died last night have no connection to Gaunt, but..."

Mista Collins

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Se'ket's furrows her brow briefly at the man's words.

"Strange things? What things? The murder we are investigating had several unusual components. And possibly the muggings could be tied to our case, at this point we can rule little out," she says in open inquiry. She raises an eyebrow to Sven to see if he has anything further too add. "I prefer to be thorough. It may be that those others that died last night have no connection to Gaunt, but..."

"Lately we've been having some people come in claiming they were seeing things in mirrors and reflective materials," The guardsman says as he flips his log book a few pages and moves his fingers down the pages, stopping at a name. "Here it is. Earlier today a dwarven mirrorwright came in here claiming things were appearing in the mirror he was working on."

Mista Collins

First Post
Starman said:
Drigg leans in toward the gnome, "Come now, Patron Helcondate, surely you must know something more than you are telling us. Delvron was murdered. Surely you want to see the bastard who did this brought to justice?"

"Honestly, I don't know anything you about Belental Heirm's book," Helcondate says as drops of sweat start to bead on his forward. Even with the obvious signs of a man hiding the truth, the gnome gives of a small hint of pride, even though the group never mentioned the author's name. "If I did know something, I would gladly help bring justice to those involved."

The gnome fiddles with some papers on his desk, obviously nervous before making eye contact with the group. "If you'd like, if I hear anything I will relay it to you. But I must get back to work as I have lots to do and little time to do it."

Shayuri

First Post
"Professor," Tome notes, no longer able to justify silence, even to himself, "I did not mention the author's name. That you are able to remember it without any effort shows considerable familiarity with a book as rare and difficult to find as this."

He pauses, then adds, "There is no need to be concerned that we would want to take the book. We not wish to borrow it...merely to examine the origins and meaning of a single passage. It would aid an official investigation."

Starman

Adventurer
Some sort of professional rivalry? Drigg wondered. "Patron, it seems you are hiding something. Do you feel threatened? Could whatever happened to Delvron happen to you, too, if you assist us? Be assured that we will do everything we can to protect you if you need it, but you must help us solve Delvron's murder."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Mista Collins said:
"Lately we've been having some people come in claiming they were seeing things in mirrors and reflective materials," The guardsman says as he flips his log book a few pages and moves his fingers down the pages, stopping at a name. "Here it is. Earlier today a dwarven mirrorwright came in here claiming things were appearing in the mirror he was working on."

While Sven was more than content to let Se'ket handle the talking part of the investigation, he was still listening along- and when that tidbit about mirrors came up, he couldn't hide his interest. He gave Se'ket a nod, then addressed the guardsman. "That might be connected, strange as it sounds. Do you have the name of that dwarven mirror-makin' fella?"

Mista Collins

First Post
pathfinderq1 said:
While Sven was more than content to let Se'ket handle the talking part of the investigation, he was still listening along- and when that tidbit about mirrors came up, he couldn't hide his interest. He gave Se'ket a nod, then addressed the guardsman. "That might be connected, strange as it sounds. Do you have the name of that dwarven mirror-makin' fella?"

"Sure do. According to my records here, his name is Gevgol and his shop isn't too far from here."
The guard gives Sven some brief directions that should work well enough. "Anything else?"

Mista Collins

First Post
As it becomes obvious to Patron Helcondate that the group has seen through his poor attempt at lying, he tries to save face. It is clear to the adventurer's that the gnome lacks a backbone.

He starts to talk, his speech fast and nervous as he sputters and squeals a bit. "Honestly, I know nothing of Gaunt's death. Neither my master, nor myself had anything to do with it. We were just as surprised as anyone else to hear of his death. My master sent him on errands yesterday. Why he died is anyone's guess!"

pathfinderq1

First Post
Mista Collins said:

"Sure do. According to my records here, his name is Gevgol and his shop isn't too far from here."
The guard gives Sven some brief directions that should work well enough. "Anything else?"

"Not so much from me," Sven said, shaking his head as he mulled over the directions. "How 'bout you, Se'ket- you want ta ask anythin' else, or shall we go find the dwarf?"

Shayuri

First Post
Tome glances at his companion, though his lenses can't change shape to indicate his surprise.

"You have a master? A professor? What was the errand he was sent on? And who is your master? We may need to ask him or her questions as well, to ensure a thorough investigation."

Remove ads