adventures for kids

d12

First Post
I've been playing D&D with my 8 and 10 year old and I have no problem with stripping down the rules and making the game work for them. What I do need is some help with finding some appropriate adventures for kids. I can tone down the violence myself, but I need some straight forward adventures with plots that are simple enough for kids to handle. They like situations that involve simple puzzles and riddles. Dungeons crawls are also good (but not mandatory). We are playing a version of 3.5, but I don't really care about the edition or source. Levels 1-10 or so please. Any suggestions?

Wicht

Hero
It sounds to me like you would appreciate Paizo's Crypt of the Everflame. But I will also add a modest suggestion that you might check out the first level of the Ruins Perilous in Rite Publishing's Adventure Quarterly #2.

Wicht

Hero
Nemoren's Vault is also a good choice if you can get hold of a copy. Also Burnt Offering's (the very first of Paizo's AP's) is a particularly excellent choice. Indeed that entire AP was pretty useful with my kids except I had to "edit" out some of the lust encounters in, iirc, the 5th module (I just blew up that entire wing of the dungeon and skipped all those encounters).

You might also see how many of the Dungeon Crawl Classics you can get ahold of and utilize some of them if necessary. But I would check out my other suggestions first.

warfangiscuter

First Post
Simple! Just think up an artifact with the power to destroy evil (one per player) and have a resting place far away. then have a legend of how to open the way to it. So now you have a treasure map and a goal. Now you have to think up a bad guy. I would say that he/she should be tall, wise, obviously evil and a definite jerk. Now your players are persued by the forces of darkness on their epic quest to find the dragonsbane sword or something. Oh, almost forgot! There needs to be an epic dragon battle at the end. Yippee! You have a legend of Zelda esque adventure! You could also use a videogame I guess.

Remove ads