• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventures in Cormyr - The Doorway from Everywhere.

Thanee

First Post
Leonara

Eager to find out what is beyond the other portals, Leonara says: “We should probably try all of the portals and then come back here, if we do not run into any problems, that is. Maybe we can figure out where they lead to.”

Legildur

First Post
"I'd still be favourin' to be rid o' his lordship 'ere, before we go runnin' about," Dowkan mutters as he twirls the end of his beard in one hand.

Rhun

First Post
Thodan runs a hand through his thick mane of brown hair. "We'd lose a full two days taking him back to the local garrison and returning here...and with our luck, we'd find this place occupied once again." The cleric shrugs. "We have the man's gear," he continues, hefting Gargdol's axe. "We could leave him secure here. If he escapes, he will have to brave the wilds of the Stonelands with no equipment. If he survives that, then perhaps he deserves to live."

What else did we discover on Lord Gardol and his ogre troops besides the axe and brooch? Anything useful?

Also, I'll be adding Thodan's updated spells known list shortly.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Legildur said:
"I'd still be favourin' to be rid o' his lordship 'ere, before we go runnin' about," Dowkan mutters as he twirls the end of his beard in one hand.

Rhun said:
Thodan runs a hand through his thick mane of brown hair. "We'd lose a full two days taking him back to the local garrison and returning here...and with our luck, we'd find this place occupied once again." The cleric shrugs. "We have the man's gear," he continues, hefting Gargdol's axe. "We could leave him secure here. If he escapes, he will have to brave the wilds of the Stonelands with no equipment. If he survives that, then perhaps he deserves to live."

Deep in conversation you're startled when Lord Gargdol lets out a booming laugh "My friends I'm truly touched by your concern for me. Indeed I think Thodan has hit the nail on the proverbial head. I hate to be a burden to you, so set me free in the Stonelands. If I perish, so be it. Either way I'll be out of your hair and you can continue with your important mission."

Lord Gargdol pauses to collect his thoughts before continuing his plee "Or I could swear to serve you faithfully in exchange for my freedom. After all have I not proven myself to be both loyal and honourable?"

OOC: I'll post what equipment you found in the OOC thread shortly

Legildur

First Post
"First you can be telling us 'bout ya gear," says Dowkan, looking at LG's equipment lying on the floor. (OOC: Got no real interest in armor, shield, axe, brooch or goggles).

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Nira Cydatell

While I agree with exploration of these portals, however I do not trust this man’s intentions.” Stats Nira before continuing. “I feel it would not be out of his character to go back to the Ogre tribe or his head master to solicit for more aid to finish whatever task he was sent here to do. Plus to get even with us.” She says the last bit very softly as if she was talking to her self. With her voice back to normal she continues to speak, “What I do know is that Ogres and those that travel with them do not do things out of the goodness of their hearts. And they hold grudges. Lots of them.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Legildur said:
"First you can be telling us 'bout ya gear," says Dowkan, looking at LG's equipment lying on the floor. (OOC: Got no real interest in armor, shield, axe, brooch or goggles).
"I will only be helpful once I know what you intend to do to me, I'm still trying to decide whether or not I can trust you"

Bloodweaver1 said:
While I agree with exploration of these portals, however I do not trust this man’s intentions.” Stats Nira before continuing. “I feel it would not be out of his character to go back to the Ogre tribe or his head master to solicit for more aid to finish whatever task he was sent here to do. Plus to get even with us.” She says the last bit very softly as if she was talking to her self. With her voice back to normal she continues to speak, “What I do know is that Ogres and those that travel with them do not do things out of the goodness of their hearts. And they hold grudges. Lots of them.

"How dear you judge me, or those whom I travel with. You know nothing about me, or my men whom you murdered! I would have thought the any group that has a dragon spawned ogre in it's midst would know not to judge on appearances."

"If you do want to judge me, then judge me by my actions, instead of the company I keep."

"Firstly If I were one to hold a grudge I would have finished off Goran when he lay mortally wounded at my feet for the unprovoked attack upon me and the death of one of my men. Instead I honoured him for the valour in which he fought."

"Secondly by your own twisted reasoning and the fact that you travel with a half breed Ogre you can't be trusted! As you obviously hold a grudge and don't do anything out of the goodness of your heart"

Lord Gargdol takes a deep breath before continuing to address the group "When I make a promise I always keep it, if I swear to you that I will serve you in exchange for my freedom then that is what I'll do. You either accept me at my word or you don't. The choice is up to you."

Legildur

First Post
"Bloody clever ya be in not killin' Goran I say," Dowkan mutters. "Now ya can be saying how good and trusty ya can be."

"I wanna know who ya been workin' for?"

Rhun

First Post
Thodan can only shrug as the group discusses what to to with Lord Gargdol. "He fought honorably in battle. That may not mean much to most of you, but among those that follow Tempus there is no better way for one to prove themselves true. I say we give him the chance to prove himself, and in exchange give him his freedom."

Remove ads