• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventures in Cormyr - The Doorway from Everywhere.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Lord Gargdol listens as the group deliberates whether to accept his offer, turning to address Dowkan he speaks to the dwarf with an earnest expression "What will I do? I will fight for you! I will defend you! If necessary I will die for you! That is what I will do for you master dwarf."

Legildur

First Post
Dowkan smiles. "I could ask ya to dance a jig for us," the dwarf smiles, and then shakes his head, negating the idea. "Well friends, what task could we set Lord Gargdol 'ere that might be some use to us? Sometin' away from us, but for us?"

Jemal

Adventurer
Goran moves forward, apparently he's been deep in thought.. And with his.. 'speed', the others assume it has taken him a while to figure out what's going on.
He steps right infront of Gargdol, weapon still in hand, and looks down at him. He bends over so their faces are inches from each other and speaks. "YOU tell Goran to face that you not hurt Goran or friends. You tell Goran you no kill anybody else."
If Gargdol does so sincerely, Goran will stand up and nod, turning to the rest. "Goran say he come with us and prove himself."

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Jemal said:
Goran moves forward, apparently he's been deep in thought.. And with his.. 'speed', the others assume it has taken him a while to figure out what's going on.
He steps right infront of Gargdol, weapon still in hand, and looks down at him. He bends over so their faces are inches from each other and speaks. "YOU tell Goran to face that you not hurt Goran or friends. You tell Goran you no kill anybody else."
If Gargdol does so sincerely, Goran will stand up and nod, turning to the rest. "Goran say he come with us and prove himself."
Jemal said:

Looking the fearsome Goran in the eye Lord Gargdol speaks in an earnest manner "Goran I swear to you that I will protect your friends with my life, and I won't harm you or your friends unless they try to harm me first."

"Regarding not killing anyone else. I have sworn to protect this group so if necessary I will kill to protect you."

Lord Gargdol then turns to look survey the portal room, moving over to portal number 5 he addresses the group in an authoritative manner "All right people gather round his is what we're going to do..." looking around at the stony faces of the group Lord Gargdol smiles in apparent mirth before addressing the group in a milder manner "Um sorry about that, force of habit I guess! I of course will follow your lead. Also you might as well keep the club, bottle and horn as they used to belong to my men. And can I have my equipment back now."

"While we're at it you might as well call me by my first name. Archibald."

Legildur

First Post
"I say we be keeping 'is ring as a 'tax' for the victors," Dowkan mutters, but doesn't stand in the way of what the group decides.

"Archibald, why that portal?" the dwarf asks, gesturing towards portal #5.

Rhun

First Post
Thodan shrugs, the group having made its decision. He tosses the man's axe back to him. "Use it honorably," he says, and turns back to regard the portals.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Legildur said:
"Archibald, why that portal?" the dwarf asks, gesturing towards portal #5.
"Our friend, if nothing else, is obviously erudite. So, he suggests one of three viable strategies when there is lack of information---a search of the line (the others being a reverse search of the line and random). It is the one I first suggested before we knew of the different access patterns, if you recall." He looks at 'Archibald' a moment. "But it does not mean I approve." He turns to their trackers. "Do you recall which portals had the largest access via tracks?"

Lord_Raven88

First Post
stonegod said:
"Our friend, if nothing else, is obviously erudite. So, he suggests one of three viable strategies when there is lack of information---a search of the line (the others being a reverse search of the line and random). It is the one I first suggested before we knew of the different access patterns, if you recall." He looks at 'Archibald' a moment. "But it does not mean I approve." He turns to their trackers. "Do you recall which portals had the largest access via tracks?"

Archibald listens to Vardrins explanation and nods his agreement at the Wizards assessment. Finished putting on his equipment Archibald speaks "I'm ready when you are."

OOC: I'll assume that Archibald (I couldn't resist giving him a naff name) is at max HP's along with everyone else. Also the portal that had the most traffic is portal #4 which leads to the orcs. All of the other portals have had some traffic though it's hard to tell which may have been used more.

Remove ads