• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventures in Cormyr - The Doorway from Everywhere.

Thanee

First Post
Leonara

“As good as any other we know nothing about,” Leonara says, as she readies herself to be prepared for whatever might await them behind the portal.

Jemal

Adventurer
Goran nods simply in agreement, seeming OK with 'archie' now. "Goran sorry about Archies friends. Goran not like hurting people."

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Arranging yourselves around the portal Thodan reaches out and speaks the command phrase to activate the portal "Part the veil of the universe for me" after a few seconds the portal stabilises and fully connects to it's companion.

Stepping thru the archway, you cannot see farther than a dozen feet in front of you. A thick fog blows around you and blots out the rest of the world. You can tell that you are treading on rough ground made up of muddy soil and rock. The sound of the winds fills your ears, and a moderately cool breeze has the taste and smell of seawater-not salty, but fresh, like the Sea of Fallen Stars, Wyvernwater, or the Dragonmere.

As you move about, you see piles of branches scattered about, some burned into charcoal and others appearing to have been chopped apart with axes. The bones and skulls of various large animals are also present. You recognise old horse skulls and deer antlers among the debris. Some of the bones are broken open and scarred by knives or claws. Everything has the look of having been recently tossed here, like a debris pile by a construction area.

OOC: Sorry about the delay. I actually thought I was still waiting on the group to decide what portal to use.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Nira Cydatell

OOC: Bardic Knowledge Nature check to determine possible location as well as to type of animals and how they were killed, please.

Nira kneels closely to the ground and examines the muddy earth their suroundings closely. She thens does the same to the dead animal corpses. Lookiing towards the Elven ranger shes asks, "What do you think?"

Rhun

First Post
Thodan too takes u a guard position, squinting his eyes as he peers into the fog, as if ti might help him pierce the obscuring mists.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Bloodweaver1 said:
OOC: Bardic Knowledge Nature check to determine possible location as well as to type of animals and how they were killed, please.

Nira kneels closely to the ground and examines the muddy earth their suroundings closely. She thens does the same to the dead animal corpses. Lookiing towards the Elven ranger shes asks, "What do you think?"
Unable to see any particular landmarks or fauna Nira is left unsure of the portals exact location. Examining the bones reveals death by a variety of means some show signs of claw and bite marks (form some sort of giant bird perhaps) while other shows sign of death by violence.

Basically you can't see enough to be sure of where you are. If you search for longer or get out of/remove the fog you'll be able to discover more.

Thanee

First Post
Leonara

“Can't say yet. We'll have to take a closer look. But apparantly, someone was here recently, so be on guard.” Leonara explains as she looks around to find a suitable spot to hide and get a better overview on the surroundings.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Nira Cydatell

Nira nods her head in agreement with Leonara as she unsuccessfully attempts to peirce the thing fog. “If we can get out of this mist, I might be able to get a better idea of were we are and what has happened here.” She offers. “Unless that is, it’s not above someone’s ability to remove the mist.

Rhun

First Post
"Only if the mist was caused by magic," says Thodan, twirling his battleaxe in hand. "Weather magic is beyond my abilities."

Remove ads