• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventures in Cormyr - The Doorway from Everywhere.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Legildur said:
"Bloody clever ya be in not killin' Goran I say," Dowkan mutters. "Now ya can be saying how good and trusty ya can be."

"I wanna know who ya been workin' for?"
"Your logic astounds me Dowkan. Because I didn't kill your friend when I had the chance I'm untrustworthy! No doubt if I had killed Goran you would have also thought that I'm untrustworthy"
Rhun said:
Thodan can only shrug as the group discusses what to to with Lord Gargdol. "He fought honorably in battle. That may not mean much to most of you, but among those that follow Tempus there is no better way for one to prove themselves true. I say we give him the chance to prove himself, and in exchange give him his freedom."
"At last the voice of reason speaks!" turning to look Thodan in the eye Lord Gargdol speaks directly to the warrior of tempus "In Kelemvor's name I swear to serve you faithfully in exchange for my freedom and my equipment. If I break this oath may Kelemvor bind my soul for all eternity in the weeping wall." motioning for Thodan's dagger Lord Gargdol then cuts the palm of his hand letting his blood fall to the earth.

Handing the dagger back to Thodan Lord Gargdol turns to look the rest of the group in the eye "I have sworn the blood oath to Kelemvor himself! If any of you dear to question my honour again then we will fight here and now to the death."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Vardrin's study was the arcane arts, not religion. The vow could be meaningful... or not. But he was ever a practical man. "If we refuse to return to the Stonelands, we either kill him, keep him tied, allow him to accompany us, or leave him stranded on one of the other sides of the gates on his good behavior---after all, it is unlikely he could return to his places of power from a far flung destination." He looks to the one knowledgeable in religion matters. "If his vow is bond by faith, let us know. Kelemvor is to new for me to be certain."

Rhun

First Post
"Kelemvor is an honorable diety," says Thodan to Vardrin. "His portfolio includes death, which a true warrior does not seek nor fear, as well as the dead themselves. Those who do not worship any god go on to dwell with Kelemvor in the afterlife."

Did LG bear any symbol or other detail that might indicate that he truly worships Kelemvor?

Lord_Raven88

First Post
[sblock=Blood Oath]LG doesn't have to be a worshiper of Kelemvor to make this oath!

Since Kelemvor judges all of the dead this vow basically means that if LG doesn't fulfill his vow, then when he dies Kelemvor will hold him accountable and punish him eternally by putting him in the weeping wall. It's also possible that Kelemvor would send an Inevitable to hunt him down for breaking this oath.

Naturally this is a very solemn and serious oath, which isn't taken lightly (an enternity of suffering is fun for noone). Only a madman would make this oath with no intention of living up to it!

So while there isn't a specific game mechanic for this, it seems perfectly reasonable for their to be a 'Blood Oath' like this, considering that there is a God of the Dead who could and would enforce this oath.[/sblock]

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Nira Cydatell

Many tales have been told were those with evil in their hearts would weave songs of innocents and goodness when only to keep their heads attached to their necks for a few more minutes.” Implies Nira, “How do we know that you are not spinning the same tune?

**No Response needed**

There is a look of rancid distaste in Nira’s expression. She has seen people take ‘Blood Oaths’ before and even though those people were blind fanatics swearing to an individual and not a real deity she still has a severe dislike for the whole act. Especially since she herself has taken one and then willingly turned away from it.

The look quickly fades and is replaced by a smile as she looks towards Thodan and says kindly, “His Oath is to you good friend. It is your decision on what his fate will be. I just pray to Mieklikki that if the situation was reversed and there were Ogre clubs above our heads, that the outcome would be the same as this one.” With that she turns and moves towards the next un-explored portal.

Rhun

First Post
Bloodweaver1 said:
His Oath is to you good friend. It is your decision on what his fate will be. I just pray to Mieklikki that if the situation was reversed and there were Ogre clubs above our heads, that the outcome would be the same as this one.

"You are wrong, friend Nira," says Thodan to his companion. "If it were simply my life at stake, you would be correct, the decision would be mine. But this decision could affect us all. Let us take a vote. Each person voice their thoughts on what we should do with this one."

Current Spells
[sblock]
0 lvl: Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic, Detect Poison, Create Water
1st: Bless, Shield of Faith, Divine Favor, Bane + Enlarge Person
2nd: Resist Energy, Silence, Sound Burst, Hold Person + Bull's Strength
3rd: Prayer, Magic Circle against Evil, Dispel Magic + Magic Vestment
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Leonara

“We do not know enough about this man to judge him, so I am willing to take him for his word. But nonetheless we should keep a watchful eye over him.”

Leonara then whispers something in the elven tongue to her hound, who snarls and watches the man with suspicion in his eyes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads